Joker (New 52)

#1 Posted by theconman1876 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

When do you guys think we'll see Joker become the main villain of Batman? I can't wait to see Snyder's take on the Clown Prince of Crime.

#2 Posted by Cap10nate (2300 posts) - - Show Bio

He sure makes him look creepy enough in the 1st issue when Dick pretends to be him.

#3 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they avoid Joker as long as they can. He's awesome and all, but Batman needs new villains. Joker storyline are all overused and old.

#4 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

I hope they avoid Joker as long as they can. He's awesome and all, but Batman needs new villains. Joker storyline are all overused and old.

QFT. Focus on other villains, and then when Snyder's run ends, bring in Joker to create a finale before a new writer takes up the reins.

#5 Posted by theconman1876 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

True. The Court is a great villain. I am excited to see his take on Dr. Freeze though.

#6 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what the hell he's gonna look like since his face was cut off.

#7 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should carry on with the Joker in detective comics for a while, I'd like to see more new villians.

#8 Posted by RoboShark (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope they don't jip us and the whole Joker face removal is a fake or some bs. I want an uber scarred Joker. Daddy cutting your face isn't enough!

#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought he was dead?

#10 Posted by RoboShark (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I thought he was dead?

C'mon now. He's easily the 3rd, 4th, or 5th most recognizable DC character there is. (all depending who you ask of course.)

#11 Posted by nickzambuto (13691 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker cut off his own face?

#12 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Detective Comics #1. His face: Also seen on the cover of Suicide Squad. (And he had assistance.)

@batmanary said:

@AweSam said:

QFT. Focus on other villains, and then when Snyder's run ends, bring in Joker to create a finale before a new writer takes up the reins.

Further QFT. I think the absence of Joker right now (as well as the subtle tension afforded by that absence) is one of the things that is making the Bat universe shine... Joker will of course make a reappearance, but the longer they hold off from using him, the more potency that appearance will have. In a twisted sense, the absence will make the heart grow fonder (or the potential of the character more volatile). I think they're playing a long story game with the character too, and that'll pay off well.

#13 Posted by nickzambuto (13691 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOptimist said:

@nickzambuto said:

Detective Comics #1. His face: Also seen on the cover of Suicide Squad. (And he had assistance.)

.........WHY?

#14 Posted by kamakazi152 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Some people like to say that he had his face cut off so he could apply normal skin so when he wants to be the Joker he can apply makeup and when he doesn't he can blend in with the public. I don't know where Tony Daniel is taking it the GCPD have the Jokers face at the station but I can't wait to see what happens with it.

#15 Posted by Jojoborne (2 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

This.

Snyder's doing great with other villains, and he's done fine with Joker in small doses like in Detective Comics.

Give it time before he writes an epic Joker VS Batman story.

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Joker should come after a while because SNyder needs to introduce more new Batman villains and if he ever puts an end on his Batman run it should be with Joker as a main villain.

#18 Posted by Lvenger (20008 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

QFT. That's why Snyder is such a brilliant Batman writer. Not only did he write a demented Joker but he's also created two excellent additions to Batman's rogues gallery. James Gordon Jr echoed a real life psychopath which made him all the more scary and the Court of Owls and the Talons have managed to bring Batman to the brink of defeat and have operated outside his jurisdiction for a long time.

#19 Posted by NinaColada (37 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see some more of Batman's old rouges rather than all these new villains. I'd like to see what they do with the Joker, since his face was cut of and all. it will be interesting and I can't wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.