Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Joker in Death of the Family

dmkicksballs13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dmkicksballs13

While I have really enjoyed Death of the Family so far, the most annoying thing for me is what seems to be the consensus that the Joker in this storyline is more frightening than ever. I think human beings are naturally flawed in that they always think the newest thing correlates to being the best, but has every forgotten what Joker has done in the past. He beat Jason Todd with a crowbar, he shot Barbara Gordon in her stomach then took naked pictures of her, he poisoned Gotham's water supply. (I enjoy Snyder's dialogue abilities but he really seems to missing the boat as far as Joker's dark sense of humor) So in all this I tried to discover why people think the Joker is scarier in this storyline than ever before. And then I realized why people think that way. It's because through all the lead up, through all the hype, the writers were telling us he was scarier than ever. Harley warns Batman, Dick and Barbara discuss how bad things are going to turn. Despite his actions staying along the concurrent, normal lines of Jokerish insanity, we're being told that the Joker (who, let's be honest, couldn't get much darker) is deadlier, more calculating, and sinister than he has been prior. Thoughts?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

Yeah, Snyder's Joker isn't really scaring me at all. If you want to see scary, try Morrison's Batman, especially Arkham Asylum.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By entropy_aegis

Agreed.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By MrShway88

I also think it has something to do with the art. The Leatherface look is pretty creepy. Also the first page in 15# was erie.

dmkicksballs13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dmkicksballs13

@MrShway88 said:

I also think it has something to do with the art. The Leatherface look is pretty creepy. Also the first page in 15# was erie.

Agreed. Being completely honest, I don't like the way Capulla draws faces, but he has made the Joker scary to look at.

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
    DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The most scary Joker will ever be, the Lunatic thats beaten Todd with a Crowbar.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

#7  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

snyders batman may scare some hes just creppy not scary

if snyder wants to make him scary he needs to make joker do something insted of but licking batman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.