JLI's Cancellation: A Sad Day

#1 Posted by TheTimShow (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Most people probably disagree with me, but I thought Justice League International (Starring Batman and Booster Gold) was a great title. I know Batman has nearly more titles than I can count, but Dan and Aaron did a great job. I have to say, when I heard about their 12th issue cancellation....I was bummed.

#2 Posted by batshrine (994 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that comic too

#3 Edited by The_Tree (7448 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was pretty good, besides a few terrible things. (Making Booster Canadian, killing Rocket Red, not using the Generation Lost team)

#4 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

I thought it was pretty good, besides a few terrible things. (Making Booster Canadian, killing Rocket Red, not using the Generation Lost team)

And also maiming Fire, Ice, and Vixen, not having good villains, not acting at all silly or like the JLI, and generally being a bad series. :P

#5 Edited by The_Tree (7448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

@The_Tree said:

And also maiming Fire, Ice, and Vixen, not having good villains, not acting at all silly or like the JLI, and generally being a bad series. :P

LOL. They should've just let Keith Giffen write it. With him, it probably would've been perfect.

#6 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: Agreed.

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

It wasn't a bad book but it sucked a lot in some moments.

#8 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh. my JLI.

#9 Posted by capelesscrusader (103 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheTimShow: You should check out my colleague Jeffrey's write up on the cancellation, what went wrong, and what could come next for the JLI. I think we'll see them again... Take a look

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.