Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Jeremy Irons talks Batman vs. Superman

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Our new new Alfred, Oscar-winning actor Jeremy Irons, spoke with Absolute Radioat The Prince’s Trust Celebrate Success Awards 2014 today. Irons said that he’s read a draft of a Batman vs. Superman script, but that it’s still being worked on.

David Goyer wrote the original script and then Oscar-winning Argo writer Chris Terrio was brought in to do some work on it, leading to the movie’s delay.

Check out the full video interview above. Irons is asked how his Alfred will differ from the previous version we’ve seen on screen, and how he feels acting opposite Ben Affleck.

SOURCE: Absolute Radio (via IGN)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I lose interest in this movie everyday. Cavill was a good superman but not anything special, affleck sounds like a terrible batman, same for Jesse eisenberg as luthor and gal gadot as wonder woman.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I lose interest in this movie everyday. Cavill was a good superman but not anything special, affleck sounds like a terrible batman, same for Jesse eisenberg as luthor and gal gadot as wonder woman.

The premise is huge though......the speculation is enormous.
    Everyone will see the Batsuit and find the interest again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Unless the batsuit sucks. I agree the premise of batman superman and wonder woman is huge but they are going about it the wrong way and they seem to be doing everything they can to lower peoples excitement and expectations for it. If they had hired better actors and actresses the hype would be even better. I know there is a small group of people that want to see how gal gadot does as Diana but gal gadot isn't bringing anyone from the general public into the theatre

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deaditegonzo

@jayc1324: I think Wonder Woman is the kind of character who could easily get eaten up by the actresses persona in a movie. A lot of people mentioned Kate Beckinsale, and I couldnt imagine a worse choice, because it would be Kate Beckinsale with a tiara, not Wonder Woman.

I also understand Batman fans are afraid of this very thing happening with Batfleck, but the thing is, Batman already has movie cred. People believe in Batman on the big screen. And once the cowl is on, most actors disappear a bit. I think it was really clever, casting no names as Superman and Wonder Woman (Supermans problem being that the on screen persona for a lot of people BECAME the Actor: Reeves), and casting the biggest name for Batman. Very clever indeed.

Im pumped (and obviously nervous, especially with Eisenberg, and the talk about Dark Knight Returns), I dont know how important Irons will be to the film, and therefore feel that he is the last person with valuable input on it, but thats just me.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Seconded. I'll watch the film but with low expectations.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: They are basically relying on batman to make all the money but they could castes better people still

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'll be a great Alfred. One thing all the Batman movies have in common, none of the Alfreds sucked. I believe in Ben Affleck and I can't wait to see in the Batsuit. I was rewatching 300 and I was thinking that Snyder will make Batman as the biggest badass comic book character that ever.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Jeremy Irons is awesome.

@rustyroy said:

He'll be a great Alfred. One thing all the Batman movies have in common, none of the Alfreds sucked. I believe in Ben Affleck and I can't wait to see in the Batsuit. I was rewatching 300 and I was thinking that Snyder will make Batman as the biggest badass comic book character that ever.

THIS. IS. GOTHAM!

*BATKICK*

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@deaditegonzo: They are basically relying on batman to make all the money but they could castes better people still

Well, MoS' 700 mill is nothing to scoff at, but do they expect Batman to make this movie surpass the 1 BILLION mark? Heck yes they do.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeremy Irons is awesome.

@rustyroy said:

THIS. IS. GOTHAM!

*BATKICK*

The Batkick is the most EPIC kick
    The Batkick is the most EPIC kick

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Batman vs Superman has one of the best casts in CBMs. Its a good mix of experienced, unknowns and indie cred actors (Eisenberg) just like previous CBM including ones over at Marvel or anywhere else. But please remember casting in only one element of a movie, casting doesn't destroy an potential of a movie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Not that impressed with 700 mil because it was in 3d. Dark knight and dark knight rises made a billion without 3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay: iron man and the dark knight has better casts

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@deaditegonzo: Not that impressed with 700 mil because it was in 3d. Dark knight and dark knight rises made a billion without 3d

Those were sequels but yeah MoS's box office take was underwhelming, it actually made 670 mils I think. I doubt MoS 2 could reached 1 Bil without Batman.

@jayc1324 said:

As she said cast is only one part of a movie, many movies sucked with a good cast and some did really well with a average cast.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deaditegonzo

Thor 2 a sequel and Avengers tie-in made only 641 Million, and it was in 3D. I think to date, only Amazing Spider-Man made more for a Super Hero Origin Movie.

Lets always remember, Batman is the MOST popular character in comic books at the moment. I never expected Superman to perform as well as Batman, especially with the very large following the Donner films have.

And Batman Begins only made 374 Million, and I think its safe to say even with 3D that wouldnt have reached the MoS totals.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Its difficult to say if batman begins would've made it to 700 million with 3d, and prices were lower back then I thinm. But batman movies weren't taken serious at this point in time. And wasn't spiderman in 3d too?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Batman Begins only made 374 Million,

Well Bats had a preety bad film rep then....

@jayc1324 said:

And Amazing Spider-Man.

@jayc1324 said:

@deaditegonzo: Dark knight and dark knight rises made a billion without 3d

Rises made a billion?!!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Spiderman's cast was debatable. The original spiderman movies had a better cast IMO. And yeah the dark knight rises made more than the dark Knight

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I believe so, yes. What im saying though is, MoS made a good chunk of change, and did as well as I expected. Did I perhaps hope it would be the highest grossing super hero movie ever? Sure, but this is the reality. Sequels make more money. Beating the Thor sequel, and every origin movie besides Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man, thats pretty dam good. The Raimi Spider-man is maybe the most impressive success of all Super Hero Films, no 3D and it still made 820 Mil in 2002 dollars. WOW.

Worth noting, Spider-man is also more popular than Superman.

Also, i'd say Supes had an even worse rep in film, considering a lot of people hated Returns and it came out only a few years prior to MoS. Also, Superman hadnt had a widely acclaimed movie since the 80s.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@punyparker: Spiderman's cast was debatable. The original spiderman movies had a better cast IMO.

Amazing Spider-Man cast:
    Andrew's a good Parker and a great Spider-Man
    Emma's a perfect Gwen
    Ben and May are good.
    Cap Stacy is perfect
    Connors is debatable.
    Harry's awesome
    Electro's good
    Norman's fantastic

Spider-Man cast:
    Tobey's a good Parker but a lousy Spider-Man
    Kirsten is a not-so-good Mary Jane
    Aunt May's perfect
    Ben's good
    Norman's good
    Harry's good.
    Ock's good.
    Spider-Man 3 doesn't count cuz it's horendous.

Amazing Spider-Man ironically enough,is a representation of the Ultimate Spider-Man comicbooks,and the cast is great for that.
    Spider-Man is a love letter to the 616 Universe.And it partially works for that.

So both movies have good casts,but i don't think Spider-Man's cast is better.....not by a long shot.

@jayc1324 said:

And yeah the dark knight rises made more than the dark Knight

Holy sh!t......didn't know that.
    Pitty....Dark Knight is the best CBM ever (imo) ....Rises is a great flick,but not along the Dark Knight or the Avengers.
    But you'll tell me Iron Man 3 made a billion and it's a mediocre piece of mediocricy,so.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I hated Garfield as peter and I liked Tobey McGuires spiderman better even though its further away from how he is in comics.

I agree the dark knight is the best CBM but rises had tons of hype and was the last one of the series so it makes sense it made more. Also prices are constantly going up. As for the avengers it was a fun and very entertaining movie to watch but from a completely critical standpoint its just okay. Villian wasn't well developed enough and the movie didn't feel serious until the end. Good movie though. And iron man 3 was in 3d I'm pretty sure and was bad so I don't think it deserved to make a billion.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Molina's Ock was amazing, best performance from a Spider-Man movie.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PunyParker

@jayc1324 said:

@punyparker:and I liked Tobey McGuires spiderman better even though its further away from how he is in comics.

Well this is exacly my point...and Spider-Man doesn't talk in these movies so....
    Why didn't like Garfield?!

@jayc1324 said:

I agree the dark knight is the best CBM but rises had tons of hype and was the last one of the series so it makes sense it made more.

Yeah...

Villian were established from previous films....that's the whole "shared Universe" point.

That's what im saying.
    Iron Man 3 didn't deserve a bill,but that's what over-exposing,a ton of marketting,and Avengers do......
    That's why i think ASM2 will make good money....cuz the marketting is similar to Iron Man 3.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@punyparker: Molina's Ock was amazing, best performance from a Spider-Man movie.

Yes he was.

And don't forget Topher Grace as Venom!!!!!.....(he said sarcastically)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Loki was good but the monsters just kinda came out of nowhere at the end. Didn't feel as powerful as it could've.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@punyparker: Loki was good but the monsters just kinda came out of nowhere at the end. Didn't feel as powerful as it could've.

Okay,fair enough......that's why they concentrated on Loki i guess...

So why didn't you like Garfield?...i gather opinions about this subject.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: You know TDK and TDKR are the only 2D comic book movies that made a bil. I don't think any other CBM will reach this milestone most of the CBMs are being released in 3D .

@punyparker: I thought you said Spider-Man 3 didn't count...

Btw why am I not getting notifications?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Toby wasn't a lousy Spider-Man, he did a good job.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@punyparker: I thought you said Spider-Man 3 didn't count...

Btw why am I not getting notifications?

I was being jokey.

Me too.Making a thread in the Bug forum.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Garfield was too happy as peter Parker. Spiderman had too much of a positive effect on his life and he didn't look like as much of a nerd as Tobey did. Andrew actually looked kinda cool at some points. His spiderman was better because he was closer to the comics and was funnier though but Tobey is still my favorite

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@punyparker: Garfield was too happy as peter Parker. Spiderman had too much of a positive effect on his life and he didn't look like as much of a nerd as Tobey did. Andrew actually looked kinda cool at some points. His spiderman was better because he was closer to the comics and was funnier though but Tobey is still my favorite

Just like i said,Andrew was the Ultimate Peter.
    And you can't say that "nerds" like Ditko's Parker still exist........he was an "ouscast" not an actual 60s nerd.Modern portrayal.

Also Peter was always a funny and fun-to-be-around guy.....he wasn't a miserable wuss.....no offence to Tobey,but this is how it is.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.