Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

It's Official: Anne Hathaway is Catwoman and Tom Hardy is Bane

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#201  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @GERALD said:
    " But with Catwoman, I can pretty much predict what role she is going to play in this film: the exact same role she played Batman Returns. "Sexy vigillante will prove to be a challenge for Batman,both as a rival AND a lover-  ooh la laaaaaa . Can Batman still use his iron clad judgment toprotect the streets of Gotham without his relationship with a criminal getting in the way?." Jesus christ WHO GIVES A SHIT? "
    Apparently a lot of people? ...
    Avatar image for deactivated-649a95712285a
    deactivated-649a95712285a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oh no.
    twisted17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#203  Edited By twisted17

Please tell me this storyline has elements from Knightfall! That would be stupendous!!!

theberserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204  Edited By theberserker

Anne Hathaway, f that, she looks like she's 17

Rex Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Rex Havoc

I'm having a hard time imagining Hardy as Bane. Tom Hardy is only 5'9" whereas Bane is listed as 6'3"------6'8" when pumped on Venom........
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#206  Edited By TheMess1428

I have officially lost faith in this movie. This sounds worse than Batman & Robin.

Avatar image for deactivated-64fa9d029dbb3
    deactivated-64fa9d029dbb3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually really happy about these choices. Could have been SO MUCH WORSE.

A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#208  Edited By A-Strondinaire
    @GERALD:
    Your rant is really for a simple word stupid if Bane and Joker can get a reinvention why not Catwoman you really dug yourself in a hole with this pointless logic I really don't see everyone's beef with Catwoman she's just as important as any of Batman's rogues it's like having Superman without Lois Lane it could work but it won't be the same. This is the only steady woman he's truly loved and actually shared his secret with she deserves that much I'm sure you wish Mr. Freeze or Killer Croc was here instead right? Well it doesn't matter everyone will eat it up like the first two and defend it to the death if anyone says otherwise including you. 

But anyway I hear Catwoman won't appear this time but next movie this could be good, have Talia faux-kill Selina and have her show up with amnesia as Catwoman I honestly can't wait Bane sounds pretty cool too. My only complaint Anne Hathaway seems a little too perky for the role i've never seen her play sexy and sensual who knows maybe she'll surprise me another thing about Hathaway is she's too boney Selina's not fat but she has more of a bottle shape.
    bmank17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By bmank17

i think anne hathaway is a good choice for the role, she's hot and talented, same goes for tom  hardy...except for the hot part. and there is no way this movie is going to be bad, not with nolan on the job.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#210  Edited By SevanGrim
    @StrikeDown said:
    " sweet Anne Hathaway as catwoman i'm in love, i hope they make bane good and not a joke.. "
    Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#211  Edited By Pizawle

Anne and Tom are awesome actors. Am sure they will pull off their roles wonderfully.

gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By gerald2
    @A-Strondinaire said:
    " @GERALD: But anyway I hear Catwoman won't appear this time  "
    That's perfect. Now it might actually be good. 

Also lol @ you getting mad at my post.
    skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By skaarason

chris nolan said he would do new villains for the 3rd , i guess not ? 

i hope these at least one more villain !!!!

gammasan55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By gammasan55

The one thing i noticed with Hathaway is she's was cast to play "Selina Kyle"...and i know you all know that that is Catwoman, but are we actually gonna see Catwoman in costume is my question?

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#215  Edited By Silkcuts
    @gammasan55 said:
    " The one thing i noticed with Hathaway is she's was cast to play "Selina Kyle"...and i know you all know that that is Catwoman, but are we actually gonna see Catwoman in costume is my question? "
    Very good question.  I don't even see her as Selina.  I think its a bad pick.
    girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#216  Edited By girth

Hopefully, they will do Bane justice this time.

Croaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Croaker
    @GERALD said:
    " @A-Strondinaire said:
    " @GERALD: But anyway I hear Catwoman won't appear this time  "
    That's perfect. Now it might actually be good.   Also lol @ you getting mad at my post. "
    I would feature her as a cameo. At the very end of the movie Bruce Wayne would meet Selina Kyle (as herself, not as catwoman). A nice end to the movies: things get better in Gotham, but Batman's work continues. 

Obviously that's not going to happen, but a man can dream.
    DVSPrankster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By DVSPrankster

i like it, but i was really hoping for harley quinn

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#219  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

well... so far they've done an awesome job in casting for the other movies... so maybe this will turn out better than its played out so far in my mind >_>

ndholite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By ndholite

I can't wait to watch this movie... Anne Hathaway I love you.. she's my Favorite actress

seiibutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By seiibutsu

i wanted to see the Riddler or someone with wits like him come mind to mind with Bruce. But this line up will make for an interesting watch

Dirty__1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#222  Edited By Dirty__1

She could be a good fit to play Catwoman. I can't wait to see the leather costume!! It'll be interesting to see how they play her relationship with Batman though. I can't really see her and Bale really passing as a couple/lovers, er whatever. Bane just makes me nervous... I just think back to the last time they tried it..
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Eyz

Bane better be closer to the original comics Bane, where he already sounded like a character that could fit into Nolan's movies.
    You know, smart, intelligent and not just relying on the venom to throw a punch...like in "that" awful movie...which had impact on how Bane appears in cartoons and games.

Cytorrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Cytorrak

I despise Anne Hathaway, when I think sexy I don't really think "horse teeth" and no, she doesn't have a fantastic rack, she's done nude scenes, they're nothing to write home about frankly.

Florkiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Florkiss

nice!   excellently

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By dondasch

For everyone worried about the casting of actors/actresses in this movie, it's time to remember a few facts:

1.  Fact 1:  Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle.  It does not necessarily mean we will see Catwoman in this movie.

2.  Fact 2:  The movie releases in exactly 18 months from now.  That is more than enough time for Anne Hathaway and Tom Hardy to get their physiques in shape.  Remember, Christian Bale wasn't as bulked up when cast for Batman and look at him now.

3.  Fact 3:  Upon reflection, I think Tom Hardy as Bane can work, and work well,  He can pull off the intelligence part of Bane and, as I wrote previously, with the proper workout program, he can pull off Bane.  Remember, when you're watching a short actor/actress on screen, are you really thinking about their height or are you watching/enjoying the movie ?

4.  Fact 4:  Christopher Nolan is a hands down, argument free genius as a director from both a revenue and critical acclaim viewpoint.  Don't believe me ?  Look at his past three movies:  Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and Inception.  Those three movies have brought in a huge amount of revenue and acclaim.  The man knows what he's doing.  He's not Joel Schumacher.  It will be ok.  Relax.

Avatar image for freddy_mercurial
    Freddy.Mercurial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I get what Nolan was thinking:  we cant get any more psychological/maniacal than Joker, so why try?  He will go with a more physical threat, who can also bring the diabolical psychology into effect, in Bane... makes sense...  But, C'MON!  BANE??????????  Selina Kyle was obviously forced upon him by the suits at Warner Bros...  Talia would've been PERFECT.  Great book-end...  Bane & Catwoman just isn't going to cut it...  I'm disapointed...  :(

brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#228  Edited By brc2000

Pretty cool. Just hope they don't turn Bane into a mindless brute again. Not sure what to make of Hathaway as CW, but I'll reserve my judgment for when there actually is something to judge.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Love Hathaway so glad to see her give it a go, though I think she would have made a better Talia. 

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Freddy.Mercurial:
    dont forget, they are casting two women roles so one is Selina Kyle (Anne Hathaway) the other is TBD. You might still have Talia. 

I think he made great choices for both roles and I think he will do right by their characters and make them live up to their comic counter parts
    HashbrownsCV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By HashbrownsCV

I still can't help but think Rachel Weisz would have made a perfect Selina Kyle.  Tom Hardy as Bane, though, seems interesting.
    A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#232  Edited By A-Strondinaire
    @GERALD:
    No I'm not mad at your post i'm just pointing out the fallancies in your argument and rage
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By riri4life

YASSS to Tom Hardy!!! <3 ...meh @ Anne. I almost would have preferred Marion Cotillard, but I'm sure Anne will do fine.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By DEGRAAF

I know its a good 5 years out or more probably but i hope they use the riddler in the next one. Or should make references to a character leaving riddles for clues at the end of it like how they set up for the joker.
    frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By frischdvh

If Nolan goes out, ending his trilogy, with the breaking of Batman's back....I will stand and applaud.    
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping that Catwoman doesn't have any romantic scenes with Batman in this one; it would be more interesting to establish the sometimes allies/oftentimes enemies dynamic that the two have. I'm also hoping that they combine the Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt "Catwoman" costumes with the modern Catwoman costume. Or better yet, establish her as an anti-hero with multiple costume changes in the same way Batman has multiple costumes.

GL 2411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#237  Edited By GL 2411

I'm not particularly thrilled about rehashing Bane and Catwoman, but I have a great deal of faith in Nolan's work. I'd like to see him go back to the "Year One" version of Selina Kyle, the jaded prostitute turned thief, rather then see her as a more innocent "side-kick" type.

Casshern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Casshern

I'm all for it!! 

I hope Bane has a bigger role...like the animated series.

Dr_Cheesesteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#239  Edited By Dr_Cheesesteak
    @mrmisanthrope said:
    " I despise Anne Hathaway, when I think sexy I don't really think "horse teeth" and no, she doesn't have a fantastic rack, she's done nude scenes, they're nothing to write home about frankly. "
    Comic nerds w/ high standards of women.  Love it.
    Warcry80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Warcry80

Scarlet Johansson or Jessica Biel would have made a far better Catwoman. Ann Not so much!
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#241  Edited By HaloKing343

YEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whooo this is super cool news.
    CrimsonEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By CrimsonEmpire

Come on, Really Ann Hathaway? why is Catwoman and Bane in this movie  do someone new like in Batman Begins  we want Strange or Killer Croc. shit do  Zsasz

thechessclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#243  Edited By thechessclub

Shannyn Sossamon woulda been better imo. I know she wasn't even in the talks but still...

No Caption Provided
    Niesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Niesa

Nomnomnomnomnom. 

I am happy. My boyfriend's not because HE'S NOT MEXICAN! HE'S NOT MEXICAN! 

Yeah, well nobody said Alfred should blow the bloody doors off, either.

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By ClawFist
    THE INFAMOUS 3RD MOVIE!!!! 

I just hope this movie come out good. I'm admitedlly not the biggest Batman fan, though I do like his world and the characters around him very much. Bane wouldn't have been my pic for a main villain, I was hoping for a kind of burried character that hasn't been shown a lot of spotlight like someone like The Wrath for example but who knows, maybe The Dark Knight Rises will make me a fan of ol' Bane, I kinda like him in Secret Six, with what they were able to do with the Joker I can only hope Bane gets the same treatment. Catwoman, I like the idea of incorporating Batman's supporting cast well which I haven't really seen done since Burton's Batman film run, Batman Returns made me a fan of Catwoman's hopefully she's done just as well or better, as for Anne Hathaway I think with a haircut and dye she should be able to pull off whatever they need in Nolan's Catwoman role. When super-flix reach to a 3rd iteration they usually dissappoint, I'm just hoping for an awesome movie!
    GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#246  Edited By GothamRed
    @e12101988: catwoman's hair in the comics was long for while, in her current series she's bee going short though
    Avatar image for bob_agent_of_agency_x
    bob agent of agency x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Bane? I did not see that coming.

aouric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By aouric

Casting Hathaway in the role of Catwoman for me is a cross between two well known actresses that had the roll before her, Julie Newmar and Lee Meriwether. There seem to be similar likeness to both actress which is more so then the images of Selina Kyle in the comics for me.  

My choice would have been the actress from V the mini series, but then I'm not a casting director so I'll respect the choice given. Bane on the other hand I'm going to really enjoy in TDKR just for the fact I know he won't be grunting and moaning like in Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin. 

No Caption Provided
    howlettgrowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#250  Edited By howlettgrowl

i just hope there will be a crap load of features on the DVD this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we deserve a commentary on the DVD too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, I am an unregistered voter!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.