Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Is this how Batman vs Superman should turn out?

• 53 results
    Avatar image for atlasanimationz
    AtlasAnimationz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys,

Regardless of your feelings about Ben Affleck playing Batman, I think we can all agree that Batman is a more interesting and captivating character. Simply put, better in every way than Superman as highlighted in the video below.

So how about it? Think this is how Batman vs Superman should turn out?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Nice

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman gonna get rekt.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Yeah that second is why I always have trouble feeling sympathy for Bruce Wayne lol. It's one of the reasons why I don't feel sorry for DiCaprio not winning an oscar, sure I should care but he's probably at home right now with half of the Victoria Secret models.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

There is now only one way it turns out!

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: I wonder if that counts as a win for Batman

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@lifeofvibe: It should, Pak actually specified that they weren't holding back.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats exactly how it should go.

batzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

There is now only one way it turns out!

No Caption Provided

Where is that scan from?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@saren said:

Wasn't Superman holding back?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#13  Edited By Lvenger

@saren said:

Can you provide a link of where he said that please? I haven't seen this reply from Pak but I already have my problems with it, namely due to events from Morrison's run. Plus if Superman was really not holding back well... :P

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@saren said:

Can you provide a link of where he said that please? I haven't seen this reply from Pak but I already have my problems with it, namely due to events from Morrison's run. Plus if Superman was really not holding back well... :P

I don't think he was holding back much, although Mongul's son punched him really hard after he was weakened so that's not a fair one on one match, he looked pretty bad after the punch.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: I'd need to check out the issue to see that but that makes sense.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yeah, I think he even mentioned that the fight tilted towards Batman's team after that punch.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Yeah, because we all know Knite affects Superman like it did in the annual... Oh wait.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lvenger

@deaditegonzo: Exactly, he even got beaten up by Super Doom beforehand as well

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deaditegonzo

@lvenger: Totally, in that arc he fought: A Red Knite Man, A Green Knite Man, a Blue Knite Man, SuperDoom, a Kryptonian, and a 5D Imp, ALL AT ONCE. And if I remember right, the Sun even turned Red at one point.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lvenger: They say it in the issue several times. Warworld and it's inhabitants are experts at fighting, and will certainly know if they are holding back. If Batman and Superman hold back at all, then they destroy Earth. Batman and Superman both agreed not too.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: And if you read the issue, Warwold attacks... BECAUSE they hold back.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its also interesting that Pak contradicts himself in issue 1 of Superman/Batman.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JakeN7

@deaditegonzo: Because Batman refused to kill Superman. There's a titanic difference there guy.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I'm curious as to how he contradicted himself. Not that I don't believe you, just that I don't know what you're talking about.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deaditegonzo

@jaken7: The fight only lasts about 5 hits/panels before the crowd jumps in. So imo, there isn really enough content to say "Nobody was holding back because the crowd didnt attack," because ultimately, they did attack.

Anyway regardless, if you interpret it that way, then its definite PIS of the highest magnitude.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I never claimed it wasn't PIS, but it was definitely a lengthy enough fight. That was a huge chunk of Kryptonite though. Superman still should've won, but Morrison's "everything Superman is weak too" resistance feat is also complete PIS. It goes both ways.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@deaditegonzo: I never claimed it wasn't PIS, but it was definitely a lengthy enough fight. That was a huge chunk of Kryptonite though. Superman still should've won, but Morrison's "everything Superman is weak too" resistance feat is also complete PIS. It goes both ways.

Well to defend Morrison a bit, Superman also fought Kryptonite Man and "Metal Zero" so there is support for Superman fighting through his weaknesses. Other than when Batman holds it, Superman is never weakened so much by KNite that he can be easily defeated by even high tier characters. In fact, Pak himself had Supes pummel Batman (with Knite) in Superman/Batman issue #1.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Wasn't that when they first met though? With 5 years less experience for the both of them?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deaditegonzo

@jaken7 said:

@deaditegonzo: Wasn't that when they first met though? With 5 years less experience for the both of them?

Well, it was Earth2 Batman who had the Knite. However, regardless of experience of the wielder, the Knite itself shouldnt react differently from comic to comic, the radiation should always have the same effect. In the most recent issue, the Knite affected Supes from across the arena, and made him vulnerable to human punches. It had more effect than it even had stories like Hush.

Honestly, this is why i am so glad there is no Knite in the Movieverse, its such a mess.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By dernman

@lvenger: I think we can all agree that the amount Kryptonite effects Kryptonians is just way too inconsistent to be anything other than a plot device.

Personal opinion I don't think that's how a fight between those two would turn out. Not even close.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Well I got the impression that it was affected more by direct contact (he basically used it as brass knuckles almost. He held it as he punched.) Anyways, Kryptonite has never once showed the same effects twice.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deaditegonzo
    No Caption Provided

@jaken7: It takes effect here. I also wonder how much that hit from Mongul's son hurt him in a "weakened" state. Considering Mongul himself was a match for a full powered Man of Steel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Don't care how it ends, I'm not planning on seeing it.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deaditegonzo

Also want to note, in the scan above Superman mentions dragging the battle out (as their plan the whole time was to just hold out long enough for Steel and Batgirl), which definitely implies that for his part he was holding back (instead of instantly ending the battle with a planet shaking punch at lightspeed).

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JakeN7

@deaditegonzo: You contradicted yourself. You said Mongul was more than a match for a full-powered Superman, but post a scan of his son (who you admit has similar strength levels) punching him as evidence that Superman was already weakened. That doesn't make sense. :P

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deaditegonzo

@jaken7: No, its not Mongul's son hitting him that implies Supes was weakened, and I dont even know if Jochi (sp?) is near Mongul in stats, its the fact that Superman himself says so. And I think its silly that it had much effect at all, but eh.

I was just wondering how much damage a hit like that would affect him, considering the PIS had him "weakened".

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How come no one ever points out that the only way Batman ever beats Superman is the way literally anyone can beat Superman? Using Kryptonite to take down Superman isn't impressive, its like taking down a rat with rat poison.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How come no one ever points out that the only way Batman ever beats Superman is the way literally anyone can beat Superman? Using Kryptonite to take down Superman isn't impressive, its like taking down a rat with rat poison.

I think it is impressive, because Batman's own plot powers combine with kryptonite and make its effects far greater than when any other character uses it.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JakeN7

@deaditegonzo: Well wasn't Clark saying that weakening him WILL be the safest bet, not that he's already weakened? And when Jochi punches him, Clark's statement about it being unbalanced felt more like he was talking about Jochi being on Bruce's team to begin with. At least, that's how I interpreted it. I could be wrong.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Likely because Batman is the only hero known to stockpile it.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I dont necessarily think you're wrong, I simply think that was a vague fight. Just as an example, if Batman had him so weakened and beat down, how did Supes fly out of Warworld at super speed and seemingly direct it towards his phantom zone projector (which btw is the most impressive thing in the issue, Supes BFRs A MOON SIZED OBJECT).

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I dont necessarily think you're wrong, I simply think that was a vague fight. Just as an example, if Batman had him so weakened and beat down, how did Supes fly out of Warworld at super speed and seemingly direct it towards his phantom zone projector (which btw is the most impressive thing in the issue, Supes BFRs A MOON SIZED OBJECT).

Wasn't it because he wasn't near the Kryptonite anymore?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Wasn't it because he wasn't near the Kryptonite anymore?

Well, he's like a battery, and Knite destroys his reserves, so presumably, if he was really being weakened by the knite to the extent a normal human could bloody his face, then he should need a recharge for a bit. But that wasnt the case. It was just a weirdly written book overall.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RustyRoy

Its also interesting that Pak contradicts himself in issue 1 of Superman/Batman.

No he didn't. That thing Batman was carying wasn't Knite at all and was calibrated to weaken E2 Superman, he even turned down the defenses when he saw Superman/boy.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deaditegonzo

@rustyroy: No, in the comic he actually calls it Kryptonite (an automated defense that Superman told him to make so he is always prepared), he deactivates the Knite shield, and then Superman hurls the rock out into a field as B-Man is getting ready to put it away. Want me to post scans?

Sheesh, know the material.

And yes, Batman claims it was calibrated to Superman's "current levels" (T-shirt Superman), but then he shouts that something was wrong, and Clark still yanks it away from him and tosses it, and has most of his fight left.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RustyRoy

@deaditegonzo: No Superboy calls it Kryptonite, not E2 Batman. And it wasn't Kryptonite and was calibrated to E2 Superman's levels and that's why it went wrong. Don't tell me about knowing the material when you yourself don't know it. E2 Batman could've beaten Superboy easily but clearly he didn't wanted to fight, in fact as you said he turned of all his defenses.

This is rock. It was emitting Knite radiation to weaken E2 Superman not T-Shirt Superboy
    This is rock. It was emitting Knite radiation to weaken E2 Superman not T-Shirt Superboy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.