Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Is the talk about the reboot affecting TDKR before its release?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ssejllenrad

Ok. We all know that TDKR would be a box office hit and attendees of the early screenings (though they aren't allowed to disclose) have claimed a standing ovation by the film's credits. So it's pretty much sure to be great. But don't you guys think that all these reboot talk about the possible JLA connection be a factor in TDKR's box office results? I'm already hearing people say they're not gonna watch the epic conclusion (kinda not make sense cause it's a conclusion and must be watched) cause the franchise is gonna get rebooted anyway. It's like instead of focusing on TDKR's isolated story, a wee bit of attention goes to the non-existent potential JLA film.

I myself think it's of minimal effect as Nolan is a tried-and-tested filmmaker and this Batman film would surely be a success unless it turns out to be a "Batman and Robin" kinda thing... Which is very very veeerrrry unlikely.

Thoughts?

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
    eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By eatmore_payless

nah it's not like its a big deal to TDKR, the gossip about a possible JLA connection wont affect the results even a bit, In fact it might help excite the audience more knowing that there gonna be a JLA movie.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

First I should say that speculation about a future reboot shouldn't affect this movie much and secondly, given DC's track record I can comfortably tell you that if they start production on a JLA movie in less than a decade I will get a Superman symbol tattooed on my ass. I feel comfortable making that guarantee because Warners doesn't have the balls to test the waters.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheThe

People who will not see TDKR because of the rumored reboot cant be serious.It's a weak reason, and i'm inclined to think they wouldnt have seen it anyway. For me, Nolan movies stand a part of the Batman franchise, just like the ones of Tim Burton. Those 2 guys made Batman their very own private storyline, so it's not a surprise Warner it's planning a reboot. Nolan' s Batman and Burton's Batman cant fit anywhere else.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.