Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Is the joker over-rated and overused?

• 52 results
    RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't know if overused is correct. Someone pointed out, in the new 52, he's only been used once, and that wasn't till the third story arc. In the Nolan trilogy he was written for the second movie, and rightfully so. The two ways he is mostly overused is in the Arkham games, which always grinds my gears, I wish they stayed away from him in City or Origins, but I guess it's just to tempting. And the problem with Arkham Knight is, yes he is supposed to be dead, but it's Rocksteady's last Batman game, can they resist bringing him back? Should they? The other way he is overused is by the public. We bring him up to much, the semi-fans of Batman, more fans of the movies, they bring him up all the time. I can see how we might think he is overused, and he is at times, but for the most part, I don't think that is the case, plus it's a business, you gotta go to the money maker, you gotta give the people what they want. Joker is my favourite villain, but I think the problem is, the other villains don't get enough love, they deserve their own great graphic novel story. I'm calling for great graphic novels for the Villains like the Riddler, Hugo Strange, Mr. Zsasz, Mr. Freeze, etc. The backstory is there, they just need to be reworked, and retold with the talents of Scott Snyder, Brian Azzarello or Jeph Loeb to write them.

Joker is coming back in the next arc of Batman, that's only one arc after DotF.

DJPrince831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@rustyroy said:

@djprince831 said:

I don't know if overused is correct. Someone pointed out, in the new 52, he's only been used once, and that wasn't till the third story arc. In the Nolan trilogy he was written for the second movie, and rightfully so. The two ways he is mostly overused is in the Arkham games, which always grinds my gears, I wish they stayed away from him in City or Origins, but I guess it's just to tempting. And the problem with Arkham Knight is, yes he is supposed to be dead, but it's Rocksteady's last Batman game, can they resist bringing him back? Should they? The other way he is overused is by the public. We bring him up to much, the semi-fans of Batman, more fans of the movies, they bring him up all the time. I can see how we might think he is overused, and he is at times, but for the most part, I don't think that is the case, plus it's a business, you gotta go to the money maker, you gotta give the people what they want. Joker is my favourite villain, but I think the problem is, the other villains don't get enough love, they deserve their own great graphic novel story. I'm calling for great graphic novels for the Villains like the Riddler, Hugo Strange, Mr. Zsasz, Mr. Freeze, etc. The backstory is there, they just need to be reworked, and retold with the talents of Scott Snyder, Brian Azzarello or Jeph Loeb to write them.

Joker is coming back in the next arc of Batman, that's only one arc after DotF.

Well if he's the main villain of that arc, then I stand corrected, maybe he is overused a little to much. But I would still like to see these great villains of Batman get there own great graphic novels. Espcially, Riddler, Hugo Strange, Mr. Zsasz, Mr. Freeze, and Scarecrow. So much potential with every character. It could be their origin story retold, and reimagined. It could be a, let's show how crazy they are, and to what extreme's they are willing to go to. And as unlikely as it is, maybe have them do something truly epic that changes the world of things. Joker kills Todd, Joker cripples Barbara. What about a Hugo Strange crippling Alfred, or a Riddler killing Tim, bad examples, but just examples.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wouldn't mind him beeing used a lot, if stories, uses and looks were good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.