Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Is Owlman a better detective than Batman?

cosmicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By cosmicx

Owlman is probably more demented

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By End_Boss

Well, as I understand it, Owlman is just an alternate universe reflection of Batman, so they're probably about equal in sleuthing skills.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By JakeN7

I would say equal. There isn't many feats to back that up but Owlman is really just that universe's Batman. Ultraman=Superman, Owlman=Batman, Power Ring=Green Lantern for the most part.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By feebadger

@cosmicx: I would imagine that Batman is, as Owlman is essentially a villain so would have very little need for his detective skills as all the heroes were defeated and he would have no need to hunt for criminals. Batman's skills are honed from using them constantly to hunt down bad guys.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By consolemaster001

I'd have to disagree. Owlman is a criminal, a SMART criminal but batman's job requires detective work.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @consolemaster001 said:

I'd have to disagree. Owlman is a criminal, a SMART criminal but batman's job requires detective work.

Bingo. 
    GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@cosmicx:

Both are equal in many ways. But Owlman has the advantage though, he is not afraid to kill, while Batman just goes according to all those moral code, sick moral code....

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

What Owlman are we talking about here beacuse theres 3

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis

There are like almost half a dozen Owlmen here,if you're referring to the villainous versions then no,none of them need Detective work cause as correctly pointed they're criminals.

All of the Owlmen are lacking in feats as well,but there is one Owlman(Roy Raymond) who's a good guy and a member of the Outsiders.Batman immensely respects his and Jason Bards detective skills,atleast to the point where he considers them his potential substitutes in that area(Bard for day crimes and Raymond for the Outsiders)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By entropy_aegis

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@consolemaster001 said:

Bingo.

I wouldn't even call him smart,Owlman=most disappointing character ever,every single incarnation is mediocre and virtually featless,it's the problem with dark versions.Writers become lazy and say"he's as good as the protagonist just evil".

JL:Crisis on 2 Earths is exactly how Owlman should be.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@entropy_aegis: JL: Crisis on 2 Earths ;The specific version of Owlman was very interesting, having the depth of character needed for a villainous "Bruce Wayne". Was this Owlman close to any version of the comic books? Relatively close?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Phaedrusgr said:

@entropy_aegis: JL: Crisis on 2 Earths ;The specific version of Owlman was very interesting, having the depth of character needed for a villainous "Bruce Wayne". Was this Owlman close to any version of the comic books? Relatively close?

Nope not even remotely close,he didn't do anything in the Earth 2 one shot(the animated movie is based on that).I'm a huge Morrison fan but that one shot was very simplistic(unlike Morrison) and disappointing.

Overall the only Owlman(Thomas Wayne version) storiey that I haven't read is Busieks Trinity,he has more panel time with Dick Grayson than Bruce Wayne seriously.

Overall very lackluster character.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By consolemaster001

@entropy_aegis said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@consolemaster001 said:

Bingo.

I wouldn't even call him smart,Owlman=most disappointing character ever,every single incarnation is mediocre and virtually featless,it's the problem with dark versions.Writers become lazy and say"he's as good as the protagonist just evil".

JL:Crisis on 2 Earths is exactly how Owlman should be.

JL: Crisis on 2 earths was the only thing owlman related i read/watched so that's why i assumed he was intelligent

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By TDK_1997

@consolemaster001 said:

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By agent9149

Yes, because he's

utkanflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 280

#16  Edited By utkanflash

no..he is criminal and he so much arrogant... His so selfish about himself..And this things made mistakes....Bats better detective..

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By spawn_123

I know that Owlman is a reflection of Batman but in the Crisis of the two worlds Owlman was beating Batman in their last fight

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@cosmicx:

Both are equal in many ways. But Owlman has the advantage though, he is not afraid to kill, while Batman just goes according to all those moral code, sick moral code....

and that's what make him a hero and better then owl man obviously

inchiso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By inchiso

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@cosmicx:

how is that a disadvantage, how can u teach some1 lession if they already dead??

like shoot the kids just cuz he got pissed off

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.