Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Is Joker being understimated

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Whenever I go any battle thread with he loses so why he is such a fearsome villian in dc universe is he being understimated

Avatar image for twix_right_side
    Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he really just can't win anything.

This.

Even if you put him up against low level street levelers like Sharon Carter,he would still lose. In a match of deception and manipulation,sure. He can win.

But in an actual fight,he can't really beat anyone.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Yes, he is very underestimated. Due to mixed showings and people being biased against him, a lot of people forget that Joker can be a badass when he wants to be. He's an outrageously good marksman and can even attack slightly faster than Batman can react to. He has a few solid h2h showings and amazing gun showings.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Street Level at best in open fight in a 'clear room'

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hes overrated on here

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys he beat whole batfamily in new 52 I think understimate him especially with prep

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
    i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Very underestimated.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_dont_like_comics: IN Superman tas he beat superman. IN JL cartoon he also proved himself in many episodes and people still understimate him

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
    i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackhawk000111: lol, thats all you have? The cartoons? Those clearly arent cannon and have no business in a battle thread unless specifically asking for the cartooon version of a character.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For Those Who Tend To Underestimate Him

Zatanna's ex-assistant dies tragically, and his current boss, aka illusionist Ivar Loxias, is involved. Therefore, Batman and Zatanna go to his place to confront him about what happened. But a surprise waits for them, since not only the illusionist confirms non-chalantly his responsibility for the murder, but he takes them down & prisoners. Then, he reveals himself to be none other than the Joker, who apparently killed Loxias and took his place (Detective Comics #833)

Evades and kills a dozen of Ra's Al Ghul's henchmen (Legends of the Dark Knight #142)

Defeats Ra's Al Ghul in a game of chess impressing The Demon (I've seen chest matches on the vine and i thought it was fitting)

Takes a full dose of fear gas to the face and pretty much brushes it off then knocks out Scarecrow (Detective Comics #664)

Demonstrating his intelligence, the Joker knows about the existence of the multiverse:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...ntelligence.jpg

Withstanding Some serious mental force by raven

Beating Lex Luthor Mono E Mono

J'onn struggles to mentally control the Joker, for any length of time..

"I'm making him sane, but I can't hold it for long. His mind is like a storm raging."

"Have to let go, it's impossible to hold him together any longer":

Alright this one isn't really that relative but i thought the whole bit was quite hilarious

Sorry I cant upload pics u can see it here http://www.comicvine.com/joker/4005-1702/forums/joker-respect-thread-22275/

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RedLantern23
    redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hes a weakling, so no suprise.

He isn't supposed to be Bane OP so I have no idea why you bring this up.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I kind of agree with you because although he would clearly loose in an all-out brawl conflict, anyone who thinks that is actually a scenario that will happen given the Joker's intelligence & mastery of all kinds of vice clearly needs to spend a lot more time reading stories with the Joker.

Name me one character that would sacrifice his wife/family-member just to get at the Joker, because he would most def never go into anything without proper leverage & kidnappings are one of his specialities. Just saying.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of agree with you because although he would clearly loose in an all-out brawl conflict, anyone who thinks that is actually a scenario that will happen given the Joker's intelligence & mastery of all kinds of vice clearly needs to spend a lot more time reading stories with the Joker.

Name me one character that would sacrifice his wife/family-member just to get at the Joker, because he would most def never go into anything without proper leverage & kidnappings are one of his specialities. Just saying.

This

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Yes, he is very underestimated. Due to mixed showings and people being biased against him, a lot of people forget that Joker can be a badass when he wants to be. He's an outrageously good marksman and can even attack slightly faster than Batman can react to. He has a few solid h2h showings and amazing gun showings.

This.

@kgb725 said:

Hes overrated on here

Nah. Not when it comes to battle threads anyway.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@blackhawk000111: It's the Timm-verse; Batman's also threw Superman across the room in the Timm-verse. Bruce Timm's Batman was Bat-God, so Joker had to be really influential, too.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Joker is a threat to Batman because Batman is a man who likes to predict his opponent's actions and react to it. Joker is effective because he's organized chaos that Batman can't predict. That being said, he's not hard to stop if you rely on instinct or if you're just as disorganized.

He's very beatable if you can see past his crazy.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwightspitz: None of what you said has to do with the battle thread. OP asked why Joker is underestimated in battles. Battles are 1 on 1 conflicts. There's no other wY around it.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By DwightSpitz

@redlantern23 said:

@dwightspitz: None of what you said has to do with the battle thread. OP asked why Joker is underestimated in battles. Battles are 1 on 1 conflicts. There's no other wY around it.

Well then the whole concept of "battle threads" is retarded. Why paint up a scenario that is NEVER going to happen anyway (even if it is fiction & comics)? Ill always need reason & scenario/circumstances otherwise what's the point? Why would it be interesting? And by your own measure its basically Darkseid/Anti-Monitor/Marvel's clone of Darkseid(I forget his name) kills everyone, end of story, no discussion... now how fun is that?

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hollow_Point

Hes usually overestimated or thought of a little weaker than he actually is on this site, imo

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RedLantern23

@dwightspitz: So.....dont go to the battle forum?

Regardless of your opinion on the format, the fact remains that Joker is a pretty weak combatant in direct conflict.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think in battle forums he is usually given preparation

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I had to post this. So funny.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker is a threat to Batman because Batman is a man who likes to predict his opponent's actions and react to it. Joker is effective because he's organized chaos that Batman can't predict. That being said, he's not hard to stop if you rely on instinct or if you're just as disorganized.

He's very beatable if you can see past his crazy.

you cant see past his crazy.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

He doesn't work in the battle forums and that is simply due to them being very limited. In actual fights there are no rules and stipulations,prep isn't narrowed down to the amount of robots or plot devices one can bring,there are no locations "A" and "B",etc,simply put battle forums are very static.

For e.g the Joker wouldn't stand a chance in the battle forums against Deathstroke,a character he has already beaten.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very underrated. He has great marksman showings, great hand to hand showings, but mostly weapons and gear. Joker gas, hidden tasers and knives, toys, everything. Joker is dangerous and unpredictable, and is crazy. He has no concern for his own safety. He's also beaten a slew of other street level characters before.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By Bruxae

More often then not he is overestimated.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only to the uninformed.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

To me he is way overrated, at least on this website. People say he'd beat Deadshot in a fight because of his "unpredictable insanity"

Jack-B-Nimble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the end it comes down to writer's bias. Batman should have died in some alleyway to a two-bit thug with a gun within the first week of his crime-fighting career. But the writers wouldn't allow that. Writer's bias is the best superpower around, Batman has even been able to best Superman with it.

lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He did kinda fight batman to a standstill in Endgame. And on other occasions he has outsmarted others or even beaten them in a fight. Most people in battle threads have never been in a real fight, either in a ring or outside. Unpredictability, speed and feints are just as important as technique. And these are things the Joker has plenty off.

Hell, even Fedor can lose against an upstart if he is not in the right mindset or distracted. And the Joker is amazing at disturbing his opponents. He is not as good in h2h combat as the likes or Batman, but I do know some comics he beat him or others at his level, simply because he found a weakness to capitalize on. And in the end a fight is all about finding these weaknesses.

This is also why you should not pay too much attention to battle threats. A fight is very situational, and as much psychological as physical. But most battle threats only take into account the physical aspects of battle.

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is underestimated on the battle sites simply because they don't read about him. I hardly have much batman knowledge but even then he is regarded among the most feared among the bat family and while criminals may fear batman, they are terrified of the joker.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

That's exactly it.

@epyon007 said:

He is underestimated on the battle sites simply because they don't read about him. I hardly have much batman knowledge but even then he is regarded among the most feared among the bat family and while criminals may fear batman, they are terrified of the joker.

This too

Only to the uninformed.

I agree

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.