Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Is Jim Aparo's art superior to Neal Adams' in pretty much every way?

Avatar image for perchance2dream
    Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Is Jim Aparo's art superior to Neal Adams' in pretty much every way? (5 votes)

Yes. 20%
    Neal Adams is overrated. 0%
    I think Neal Adams beats Aparo 10/10, and I'm wrong. 20%
    Rob Liefeld could 1v1 Adams & Aparo n-e day. 80%
    Yes. 0%

I think Neal Adams is highly overrated, and Jim Aparo is the bees knees. I honestly think that that Adams is like George Lucas is the sense that he isn't that great of an artist, he just got lucky due to awesome editors/producers/publishing, and technological restraints. When both Lucas and Aparo were able to show their "complete visions" it was terrible.

Case in point, Adams made this abomination:

Meanwhile, Aparo will never have his great work muddled. Boom. Testament to the genius:

(It's ok. I cried a little when I first saw Aparo's art, too :') It's glorious.)

*Disclaimer: I definitely think Neal Adams put out some tremendous stuff in his heyday. I just think he gets a little too much street cred, and Aparo gets unfairly overlooked and i

• 
    Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CV keeps messing up and won't let me edit this post. That typo at the end is going to throw me into an existential crisis. :(

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Which picture is whose?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Frankly speaking as a fan of both I think they are both phenomenal artists (at the top of their games) and have given Batman some of his strongest artwork over the years. That said showcasing that scan from Odyssey should be a illegal and imo makes the thread seem a bit disingenuous. A better example for Adams would have been this classic:

No Caption Provided

To get a fair answer,you should show both artists at the top of their game. Since you didn't include this option I'm going to cast my vote as 'I like them both' but for different reasons.

Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Perchance2Dream
    Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frankly speaking as a fan of both I think they are both phenomenal artists (at the top of their games) and have given Batman some of his strongest artwork over the years. That said showcasing that scan from Odyssey should be a illegal and imo makes the thread seem a bit disingenuous. A better example for Adams would have been this classic:

No Caption Provided

To get a fair answer,you should show both artists at the top of their game. Since you didn't include this option I'm going to cast my vote as 'I like them both' but for different reasons.

I actually agree with everything you said, but the Vine won't let me edit my post. This forum was really a half-joke. XP I do think that Aparo is very underappreciated though, especially when you compare his recognition with Adams' accolades. :P

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Adams > Aparo

Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adams > Aparo

> (greater)

< (less than)

seems like you forgot ;P

I'm kidding, though xD I'm actually very interested in your opinion. Could you elaborate as to why you prefer Adams?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can only assume that Adams' art has gotten worse with age.

I actually met him last November. He signed a Green Lantern #76 poster for me.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You said it its your opinion!!!

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are absolute GODS of the page, but I just had to vote for my main man Liefeld. He's the best artist of all time!

No, I'm not being serious about Liefeld.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.