Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

is gordon The new Batman

TacoRev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Is it possible that gordon is the new batman and that is why he needs the suit because bruce is seen on a few covers as the current batman(justice league#41) so maybe he is dealing with bigger things and left gordon with a suit to protect gotham? just a theory what do you guys think i have not seen gordon on any covers or mentioned in solicits.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd actually be really interested in that happening. To an extent. But no, I don't think so.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not likely. Gordon operates within the law.

TacoRev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just adding to my theory "There’s a new Batman in town…and that spells bad news for Barbara Gordon! She’s already got enough upheaval in her life" from the batgirl solicit this new batman does not seem evil that i can see and the only thing i think of with this is gordon finding out she is batgirl

TacoRev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@playswithsquirrels: although that is true maybe eternal and endgame changed his view on the subject and with batman no longer able to protect gotham at the time at least, he thinks it is in gothams best interests to have a batman, with no dick grayson or any other candidates he becomes bat man

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its Alfred.

Loading Video...

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Damien in a giant mech.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LordoftheNorth

It is him let count the evidance

1.the cappy suit is not only blue but has blue and red lights on the front and back which are the lights on american police vehicles.

2.Batman eternal was a year long turd that ended with jim gordan as the hero

3.Jim is no longer the commissioner even thou he was cleared of all charges which would only happen if they had plans for the character.

4.he carries a gun a tool of the police

5.Jim is old and has no powers so he would need a suit to fight the people

6.In detective he is the only one not on the cover

7.batgirl's issue has her go against this new batman why? For obvious father duaghter drama.

So ya its jim; snyder isnt as clever as he thinks he is and now we will have to sit around for a whole year waiting for bruce to return from what ever retarded gardage they have him doing which might explain what Damian is doing in his book hopefully sales will tank enough after the first books enough where the hurry the hell up and bring bruce back so I dont have to look at this boring design and boring ass concept so snyder can go the hell away and we can get some one with talent and not a hack who thinks bruce's greatest flaw is pride and will not stop make stories about it

Avatar image for patrickborkland
    patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By patrickborkland

@lordofthenorth: I think you're going a little too far with the comments about Synder... It's okay if you don't like his stories, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but his sales prove that he had some talent as a writer. He knows Batman, he knows Bruce, and he knows how to write quality comics. Again, you're opinion is your own but don't make those kind of claims when he deserves respect for trying new things, which many writers don't do enough of

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@patrickborkland: his sales are high becuase its Batman nothing else. If it was some other charcter he had his boring hands on like hawkman the sales would be shit. He dosnt know anything about Batman every story he has wrote Batman is how arrogant he is thats it and worst of all he has an all star artist in greg but snyder never lets the art tell part of the story he feels the need to explain every last thing until I wish some one would come and shoot me. Plus all his interviews he never shuts up about his own freakin problems that I dont care about as well he goes on how his stories will change batman forever which none of them have. No one deserves respect it is earned and snyder told one good story in COO and the rest are garbage. Until he can right a story that isnt one of his change batman forever and batman is super arrogant stories I will continue to have no respect for this hack.

Just trying something new is meaning less unless its better than what came before and a year of jimbat is alot like those 2 of dickbat as in time I dont buy batman and have wait around with thump up my butt until the garbage finally is gone and since this will be snyder's last batman story I actually have hope for Batman as long as the next guy isnt geoff johns

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deathfalcon182

@lordofthenorth: Again your claim that It's Batman that's why it sells is stupid. Pre new 52 none of the Bat books in Morrison, dini, rucka days were having this consistent sales. All his issues are over 100k and after new 52 many titles got the sales bump but readers stuck through that Bat book. He's widely praised by both critics and readers for his stories and he has quite a fan base around him. All his other indie books sell really well and his Superman Unchained is probably the best selling Superman book of new 52. Again your opinions are your own but don't try to justify them by presenting made up facts.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I would be okay with that actually. We all know it won't last, so I think it would be cool to see Gordon take up the mantle for a while. It expands the mythos and has the potential for some great new stories, with an angle that hasn't really been explored yet.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

It is him let count the evidance

1.the cappy suit is not only blue but has blue and red lights on the front and back which are the lights on american police vehicles.

2.Batman eternal was a year long turd that ended with jim gordan as the hero

3.Jim is no longer the commissioner even thou he was cleared of all charges which would only happen if they had plans for the character.

4.he carries a gun a tool of the police

5.Jim is old and has no powers so he would need a suit to fight the people

6.In detective he is the only one not on the cover

7.batgirl's issue has her go against this new batman why? For obvious father duaghter drama.

So ya its jim; snyder isnt as clever as he thinks he is and now we will have to sit around for a whole year waiting for bruce to return from what ever retarded gardage they have him doing which might explain what Damian is doing in his book hopefully sales will tank enough after the first books enough where the hurry the hell up and bring bruce back so I dont have to look at this boring design and boring ass concept so snyder can go the hell away and we can get some one with talent and not a hack who thinks bruce's greatest flaw is pride and will not stop make stories about it

I agree with what's in bold.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@deathfalcon182: haha this is hilarious becuase the batman name is bigger than it was than you moron as in its the only DC comic not selling like shit and getting their butts handed to them by marvel nearly any writer with a small bit of talent could have done the same thing. Critics really? Those people will highly praise anything just look at Batman earth one a story with a good idea with terrible execution but critics love it becuase it was wrote by geoff johns if it had been some nobody it would get the hate it deserves. Ya fan base with shit taste who eat any garbage thats put before them as long as it has the fancy batman logo on it.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@deathfalcon182: haha this is hilarious becuase the batman name is bigger than it was than you moron as in its the only DC comic not selling like shit and getting their butts handed to them by marvel nearly any writer with a small bit of talent could have done the same thing. Critics really? Those people will highly praise anything just look at Batman earth one a story with a good idea with terrible execution but critics love it becuase it was wrote by geoff johns if it had been some nobody it would get the hate it deserves. Ya fan base with shit taste who eat any garbage thats put before them as long as it has the fancy batman logo on it.

For as sad as it may be, there's alot of truth on this post.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.