Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Is everyone excited for Batman and Robin Eternal?

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
    QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Hell yes!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Do we really need it? Dont get me wrong with this but Batman is at least in 4 tittles and males robins either are main characthers of some tittle or have important role. What does this title will bring new to the table. Plus there are lot of characthers and groups who dont have tittle yet,

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@vitalius: Yes I say we should have it, because its a celebration for 75 years of Robin for the Robin fans.

Plus it reintroduces Cassandra Cain back into the mix for all The Blackbat fans.

By other groups do you mean comic characters outside the Batfamily?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lxlgiftedlxl: Well we dont have Shazam or Zatanna comics yet or The Outsiders or Birds of Prey or Doom Patrol or different or with different theme JL, plus lot of B-Lister like Vixen or Blue Beetle or The Atom. Plus couldnt they introduce on Bat-tittles that already exist or even introduce on other street levels tittles.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@vitalius said:

@lxlgiftedlxl: Well we dont have Shazam or Zatanna comics yet

-Well Shazam did get a 75 Anniversary and Thunderworld comic (that will possibly continue after multiversity too)and Zatanna on the other hand was featured in Justice League Dark as a predominant member.

-But I get that they don't have a solo book, which is what your talking about.

or The Outsiders or Birds of Prey or Doom Patrol or different or with different theme JL,

-Well Aquaman and the outsiders were a substitute that dove into the aqua man mythos more, but The Batman version doesn't have one probably because of Incorporated existing which their apart of.

-Birds of Prey had a comic earlier in the N52 it didn't do well

-The Doom Patrol has appeared in Justice League # 30, which could possibly lead to them popping up with a title later. But the overall reason why we aren't seeing a new Doom Patrol title is because Pre 52 they were canceled due to a decrease in sales which is why they didnt carry over into the n52.

-Not Sure about the JL part But JLA, JL, JLU, and JLD all featured a vast array of characters.

plus lot of B-Lister like Vixen or Blue Beetle or The Atom.

-The Atom did have a book, it was canceled.

-Vixex or Blue Beetle hasn't had a book yet which sucks,

-But DC did give other book chances such as Taon, Vibe, Animal Man and Katana all canceled I think due to low sales.

-DC is also giving other B-List and lower characters a chance with new mini-series such as Poison Ivy, Katana, Swamp Thing, Metal Men, and a few more so if these titles sale well you can bet there going to give more characters chances.

And of course Black Canary, MMH, Doctor Fate, and Constantine have books so if their books do great we will definitely see more heroes getting books.

Plus couldn't they introduce on Bat-tittles that already exist or even introduce on other street levels tittles.

-They could introduce other characters in Bat-Titles that exist and other street level titles if their story calls for it.

-As for the Batman & Robin Eternal (Eternal being an existing event book) Book its just used as a way to celebrate the Robin mantel as well as reintroduce Cass as a character. Other characters could pop up in the title, as its a grand scale story.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lxlgiftedlxl: I

• It´s called Aquaman and the Others.
    • Outsiders are great because they can work into less known and diverse cast characther or B and C level Characthers (today there is lot of ways of people being cast as Outsider)
    • BOP because here you work with more female characthers and street level characthers
    • Doom Patrol you can work wierd characthers
    • Creating of new groups like JL of Aliens dealing and having space characther or JL Task Force dealing and having street level characther or New JL Dark with Magic or JL International dealing with diverse cast.
    • Even Titans dealing Young Adult characthers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could care lees about We are robin but if batman and eternal is really just about Bruce, Dick, Tim, Jason and harper then yes I am excited for it.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@lxlgiftedlxl: Captain Atom had a toltle. Lt The Atom

@vitalius: the Outsiders also have a different misson. than the others.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

• It´s called Aquaman and the Others.
    • Outsiders are great because they can work into less known and diverse cast characther or B and C level Characthers (today there is lot of ways of people being cast as Outsider)
    • BOP because here you work with more female characthers and street level characthers
    • Doom Patrol you can work wierd characthers
    • Creating of new groups like JL of Aliens dealing and having space characther or JL Task Force dealing and having street level characther or New JL Dark with Magic or JL International dealing with diverse cast.
    • Even Titans dealing Young Adult characthers

When you say Outsiders, are you talking about Green Arrow's team?

Also, while those are solid ideas, I wouldn't call all of those teams Justice Leagues.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt:Also depends on rooster, which often have different ideas and concepts of crime fightning.

@scouterv: If DC doesnt want give it different name plus Justice League on tittle might attract some people to read it. I was talking about PreFlashpoint which had different rooster but most known members were Halo, Geo Force, Katana, Metamorph and Black Lightning . But instead Batman, we could have Batwoman which she is female lesbian characther who often deals with mystic issues, she would be a better characther for the outsiders than Batman.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@vitalius: true although they've all ha one thing in common:a preference for more proactive crime fighting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: But i prefer when team members are in some way outsiders. But my favorite rooster was when Titans became the Outsiders.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: yup, pretty all of them were staffed with people who were Outsiders. I'm torn on the Titans one though. It definitely had great writing though. Most of the members made sense too. They really dropped the ball after Batman Reborn. I was really psyched about that roster. Than Didio came along......

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@vitalius said:

It´s called Aquaman and the Others.

My bad, anyways its still a kinda substitute for The Outsiders.

Outsiders are great because they can work into less known and diverse cast characther or B and C level Characthers (today there is lot of ways of people being cast as Outsider), BOP because here you work with more female characthers and street level characthers, Doom Patrol you can work wierd characthers

These are really great Ideas for the team books, and I do hope they get made.

DC probably will give more characters the chance if they see the smaller books they put out like MMH,Black Canary, etc and their new miniseries do good.

Creating of new groups like JL of Aliens dealing and having space characther or JL Task Force dealing and having street level characther or New JL Dark with Magic or JL International dealing with diverse cast.

Like I said previsouly all the JL books feature a diverse cast or characters that some what hit all the ideas your talking about.

Even Titans dealing Young Adult characthers

Well titans are for the teen characters so they would deal with a more young adult cast.

I do get that other characters deserve books and that DC could easily implement the great ideas you have previously listed for Other JL/Titan teams,The Outsiders, BOP, and Doom Patrol and I really do want them to get books, because I to am a fan of many of these characters/teams. But the main reason why a lot of these characters/books don't have a book is due to low sales from them.

As for the Robin Celebration stuff I still say Its a good thing that DC is doing because its for the characters that have taken up the mantel of Robin.

And its the creators that are already working with in the Batman mytho's to create something to celebrate Robin with existing Bat-Titles, and they are using already existing books/ideas (crossing over the Robin books with Gotham Academy and continuing Eternal) to celebrate the Robin mantel.

DC is not taking away writers from anywhere else that can create other titles for characters/teams, and it really doesn't affect other characters/teams from getting titles.

@avenging_x_bolt: Woopse again my bad,

I know Captain Atom had a book and not The Atom.

I got the two crossed for a second.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Could care lees about We are robin but if batman and eternal is really just about Bruce, Dick, Tim, Jason and harper then yes I am excited for it.

Acording to recent info, the main characters on that arc will be Cassandra Cain, Dick Grayson and Harper Row, (Cass isn't even on the promotional cover, but whatever), although Tim and Jason are in the cover, and they will like-wise have a important role in this, as its about the robins.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

Does a bear crap in the woods? Yes, I'm excited for this! Tony S. Daniel on art and Snyder? What's not to love?

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does a bear crap in the woods? Yes, I'm excited for this! Tony S. Daniel on art and Snyder? What's not to love?

You're right, those 2 alone are reason enough, we know that the art will be stellar, and story like-wise will be great.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be far ore excited if it would if Dick, Jason and Tim would be in the centrer of the story, some how I still have the feeling that Tim and Jason will get the same bad treatment they got in the first eternal.
    Even if such a big crossover event would actually a very good opportunity to promote these characters and their series a little bit.

Jason_Tim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds delicious. When is it coming out?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.