Is Damian the baby in Son of the Demon?

#1 Posted by RDClip (1167 posts) - - Show Bio

So, last night I read Son of the Demon and now I am quite confused.

Bats and Talia 'get married' and she becomes pregnant. But at the end of the story she lies to bats and tells him she miscarried and breaks up with him. Nine months later she drops off a baby at an orphanage (I think) and the baby is supposed to live a normal life.

Is that baby Damian or some other kid that has never again shown up? Was there ever a follow up story? Or was that retconned out of existance?

#2 Edited by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip: It is now, but originally Son of the Demon was like a non canon story, an Elsworlds story so to speak. Grant Morrison took parts of that and spun it into Damian being Batman and Talia's kid.

#3 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Talia didn't get married.

They just had sex.

#4 Edited by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger said:

They just had sex.

- They did in that book sir. You definitely seem to hate Talia, but i digress.

On Topic:

- The Son of the Demon is the story in which Damian was created.

- Morrison then brought it into continuity and is generally regarded in a manner as if he actually created Damian when he actually didn't . Surprise, surprise.

#5 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger said:

They just had sex.

On Topic:

- Morrison then brought it into continuity and is generally regarded in a manner as if he actually created Damian when he actually didn't . Surprise, surprise.

They got married?

The real ritual?I don't think so.....I think they just had sex.

Not,I wouldn't say I hate Talia as a comicbook character,but as a villain.

#6 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger said:

@thejman251 said:

@stronger said:

They just had sex.

On Topic:

They got married?

The real ritual?I don't think so.....I think they just had sex.

Not,I wouldn't say I hate Talia as a comicbook character,but as a villain.

- In that books continuity, they were previously married and were referred to as such throughout the book by author and other characters. Thus, they were indeed married however, they didn't show the ritual in the book as it had already happened.

- I see.

#7 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2216 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger said:

They just had sex.

On Topic:

He created Damian, the son of Bats and Talia wasn't named Damian in that story.

#8 Edited by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman251 said:

@stronger said:

They just had sex.

On Topic:

- He didn't create him, their children originated in this story. Try again.

#9 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6503 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Baby.

#10 Posted by The_Tree (7982 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosismad said:

@thejman251 said:

@stronger said:

They just had sex.

On Topic:

He did create him to an extent. Morrison may have borrowed story elements from Son of the Demon, but the rest of the character is all him. He designed Damian's personality, skill-set, mannerisms, and even named the character. What happened in Son of the Demon? A baby was born. That is all. It's not like giving Batman a child is the most original idea in the world. Creation of Damian is basically 99% Morrison, 1% Barr.

#11 Edited by nickzambuto (14974 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosismad said:

@thejman251 said:

@stronger said:

They just had sex.

On Topic:

It was just an anonymous, nameless baby. I think giving it character constitutes as creating the character.

#12 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman251 said:

@thanosismad said:

@thejman251 said:

@stronger said:

They just had sex.

On Topic:

It was just an anonymous, nameless baby. I think giving it character constitutes as creating the character.

- And i obviously disagree.

#13 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@thejman251 said:

@thanosismad said:

@thejman251 said:

@stronger said:

They just had sex.

On Topic:

He did create him to an extent. Morrison may have borrowed story elements from Son of the Demon, but the rest of the character is all him. He designed Damian's personality, skill-set, mannerisms, and even named the character. What happened in Son of the Demon? A baby was born. That is all. It's not like giving Batman a child is the most original idea in the world. Creation of Damian is basically 99% Morrison, 1% Barr.

- I clearly disagree. I'd give Morrison around 5% or less.

#14 Edited by The_Tree (7982 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@thejman251: Just know that you're wrong.

- Oh, please tell me how my opinion is "wrong" sir. I'm eagerly awaiting your response to see what common sense you actually have.

- Oh, and if your definition of "wrong" isn't "false", it's also subjective and i couldn't care less about your opinion. Just an FYI sir.

#16 Edited by The_Tree (7982 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman251: Because it's a stone cold fact that Morrison created Damian. How much further do I have to explain it?

And don't attempt to belittle me with your sarcastic "sir"s, sir.

#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Billy Batson (58357 posts) - - Show Bio

- Oh, please tell me how my opinion is "wrong" sir. I'm eagerly awaiting your response to see what common sense you actually have.

He already did in his first reply to you.

BB

#19 Edited by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@thejman251: Because it's a stone cold fact that Morrison created Damian. How much further do I have to explain it?

- Oh, calling your opinion a fact? You clearly don't have much common sense sir.

#20 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman251 said:

BB

- Opinions aren't true or false. Thefore, my opinion being "wrong" is simply either his opinion or a false statement.

- [2+2=_?] Fill in the blank sir, it's common sense.

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (15097 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambler said:

@rdclip: It is now, but originally Son of the Demon was like a non canon story, an Elsworlds story so to speak. Grant Morrison took parts of that and spun it into Damian being Batman and Talia's kid.

Basically this.

#22 Posted by Billy Batson (58357 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson said:

@thejman251 said:

BB

- Opinions aren't true or false. Thefore, my opinion being "wrong" is simply either his opinion or a false statement.

Meant this:

BB

#23 Edited by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman251 said:

@billy_batson said:

@thejman251 said:

BB

Meant this:

BB

- Yes, you meant his opinion which is not fact. Concession accepted.

- Again, [2+2=_?] fill in the blank sir, it's not that difficult.

#24 Posted by Billy Batson (58357 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman251:

If creating a nameless baby in a non-canon story counts as creating Damian for you then very well.

BB

#25 Edited by The_Tree (7982 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

- Oh, calling your opinion a fact? You clearly don't have common sense.

Nope. I'm calling a fact a fact.

Is it a fact that Morrison created Damian? Yes.

Is it an opinion that Morrison created Damian? No, because there's substantial evidence (that has already been provided, by the way) that he indeed did create the character. That is how you are wrong.

But, y'know, I guess it's easier to just live in ignorance. "Ignorance is bliss." And you are the epitome of that sentiment.

#26 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman251:

If creating a nameless baby in a non-canon story counts as creating Damian for you then very well.

BB

- Yes, attempt to demean this story all you want however, i clearly couldn't care less.

- Ripping off a pre existing story isn't creating an original story as far as i'm concerned. Morrison is free to jump off a cliff.

#27 Edited by Billy Batson (58357 posts) - - Show Bio

lol.

BB

#28 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Really no reason for people to get so agitated over it.

#29 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Comicvine seriously needs to institute a "ban the f*ckwits" policy. It's getting out of control.

#30 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Comicvine seriously needs to institute a "ban the f*ckwits" policy. It's getting out of control.

Where's the petition?

#31 Posted by Outside_85 (10308 posts) - - Show Bio

The baby would have been Ibn al Xu'ffasch, the proto-version of Damian that Morrison dusted off and re-purposed as Damian. Ibn however remains a bit off an elseworlds character, appearing in Kingdom Come (later falls in love with Nightwing and Starfire's daughter) and his grave is on display in the possible future the Teen Titans once visited... where most of them had gone over to the dark side and Ibn probably rubbed Tim/Batman the wrong way and was shot for it.

#32 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give Barr [is it?] more than 1%. I'd give Barr 15 even 25% even for creating Damian. I mean he did make the baby a Wayne Al Ghul. I mean Morrison could have made Damian a Wayne Kyle [Selena.]

#33 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@thejman251 said:

@the_tree said:

Is it an opinion that Morrison created Damian? No, because there's substantial evidence (that has already been provided, by the way) that he indeed did create the character. That is how you are wrong.

But, y'know, I guess it's easier to just live in ignorance. "Ignorance is bliss." And you are the epitome of that sentiment.

- Yes, because the child of Bruce and Talia wasn't created in a different story. (obvious sarcasm) Who are Damian's parent's? Try again.

- Substantial evidence is not absolute you idiot. You need to work on your logic , and you can shove your ignorant opinion up your rear end sir.

- Absolute evidence is needed to prove that something is a fact, not subjective "substantial" evidence sir.

- Please, continue to spout drivel such as opinions being false.

- Fact's aren't subjective sir. 2+2=___? Fill in the blank sir, it's common sense (you do have common sense right? I have to ask because i couldn't tell from your incredibly ignorant comments).

- You also desperately need to learn the difference between an opinion and a fact.

- I find it incredibly ironic that an ignorant child such as yourself has the audacity to call me ignorant however, i should be expecting this type of ignorance on a comic book forum shouldn't i?

#34 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@thejman251 said:

@the_tree said:

- Another thing, if you had to give Morrison a percentage that wasn't 100%, then it's not a fact that he created the character, unless you admit that you were contradicting yourself.

#35 Posted by The_Tree (7982 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejman251: Again, this is explained in my first post: "He did create him to an extent." I never said that he was the sole creator of Damian, my previous posts were further elaboration on how he was the primary creator of the character.

I don't need further elaboration on my point, it's been made clear, you're wrong , I'm right. You just can't stand it, so you continue to talk nonsense without backing up any of your claims, and insult me. But please, continue to hurl insults at me, that is most definitely the proper way to engage somebody in a conversation/debate.

And feel free to hit me with a reply, just know that I won't be responding to it. I'm done with you and your stubborn ignorance. I don't need the last word, because I've already won. ;)

#36 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@thejman251: Again, this is explained in my first post: "He did create him to an extent." I never said that he was the sole creator of Damian, my previous posts were further elaboration on how he was the primary creator of the character.

I don't need further elaboration on my point, it's been made clear, you're wrong , I'm right. You just can't stand it, so you continue to talk nonsense without backing up any of your claims, and insult me. But please, continue to hurl insults at me, that is most definitely the proper way to engage somebody in a conversation/debate.

And feel free to hit me with a reply, just know that I won't be responding to it. I'm done with you and your stubborn ignorance. I don't need the last word, because I've already won. ;)

- It's clear that you're an incredibly ignorant child who think's his/her opinion is a fact.

- As i said before, Morrison did not create Damian as far as i'm concerned. If you don't like my opinion, cry me a river sir and feel free to continue to make idiotic claims that my opinion is "wrong" or "false".

- Additionally, an opinion is not a claim sir. [2+2=___?] Fill in the blank sir, if you have enough common sense to do so.

#37 Posted by RustyRoy (14004 posts) - - Show Bio

The baby is probably Damian's brother, Damian was a test tube child, a clone so Damian Wayne is the creation of Grant Morrison.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.