Is Batman Inc. on main continuity?

#1 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

This has me crazy!! Morrison's run on Batman Inc. stared back before the New 52, then Leviathan Strikes came half year ago (saying it was placed on pre-Falshpoint) so right now:

Where is it placed?!? It can't be post-Flashpoint because the events on Leviathan Strikes are canon, and Stephanie was on it, and now on the New 52 she doesn't exist!!!!!!

WTF happens with this?!?

#2 Posted by YMCMB (160 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno it's confusing, I think Morrison is just ignoring the fact that the universe that kinda rebooted, and is gonna finish his story anyway. I'm guessing it's canon, at least whatever has happened post New-52 is anyway.

#3 Posted by The_Tree (7879 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Inc. is canon. I'd assume the parts of it that took place Pre-Flashpoint did happen, they just happened a little differently in this new timeline.

#4 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping, seems like it is

#5 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Something that just irks me: and it takes an estute eye to hone in on, Batman Inc 3 when Dick and Bruce are looking at a web of interconnected characters (and Grant Morrison arcs) theres a picture of the Club of Heros from the 70s. Briefs, pixie boots, exposed legs and all. In fact, most of the web is made up of pre-New 52 appearences. Damnit, Morrison follow the established design continuity!!!

#6 Posted by hoole100 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison Rule #678: Only Morrison can Retcon Morrison.

#7 Posted by Dernman (15471 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately that cr@p is. He neither cares for canon or continuity so get use to it.

#8 Posted by batshrine (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Inc. Vol 1 is not canon, but parts of it are just like the rest of the pre-DCnU. I just think of it as non of it is canon and the story is just continuing while everything is unfolding. THe only thing I really hope they don't bring back, is that Bruce Wayne is financing Batman Inc. That was the stupidest plot point I have EVER read

#9 Posted by SupBatz (1817 posts) - - Show Bio

I try not to think about it too much. Things get very confusing when one tries to place everything from 7+ Bat-Books in one schrunched up and already confusing timeline.

#10 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

Please, like Grant cares about continuity.

#11 Posted by Vulshock (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't there a Russian Batman in one of the first issues of Batman & Robin?

#12 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

batman inc is such a pile of crap. i dont know why they're publishing it. must a batman quota they need to do.

#13 Edited by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

It's to confusing and annoying to be in both timelines so I dropped it

#14 Posted by hoole100 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Inc aside from Snyder's and Tomasi's titles is by far the best featuring the bat. Far better than Dark Knight and Detective Comics.

If you cant handle sifting through the continuity then maybe comic books shouldn't be your hobby. lol

#15 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman inc is pre dcnu. DC only allowed it to be a monthly new 52 title to take up a comic slot that could be used on anyone else.

#16 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@hoole100 said:

Damn it, Morrison WHY U NO MAKE SENSE?!?!?

@KnightRise said:

Something that just irks me: and it takes an estute eye to hone in on, Batman Inc 3 when Dick and Bruce are looking at a web of interconnected characters (and Grant Morrison arcs) theres a picture of the Club of Heros from the 70s. Briefs, pixie boots, exposed legs and all. In fact, most of the web is made up of pre-New 52 appearences. Damnit, Morrison follow the established design continuity!!!

That the part that bothers me!!! If they HE just omitted the damn map, everything would be ok!

@hoole100 said:

Batman Inc aside from Snyder's and Tomasi's titles is by far the best featuring the bat. Far better than Dark Knight and Detective Comics.

If you cant handle sifting through the continuity then maybe comic books shouldn't be your hobby. lol

First time that happens to me! And I've past a hole year reading comics like crazy and nothing, I mean NOTHING have gotten me as confused as with this :S

#17 Posted by hoole100 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedOwl_1 said:

@hoole100 said:

@KnightRise said:

That the part that bothers me!!! If they HE just omitted the damn map, everything would be ok!

@hoole100 said:

First time that happens to me! And I've past a hole year reading comics like crazy and nothing, I mean NOTHING have gotten me as confused as with this :S

Read some older Retcon series like Crisis on Infinite Earths and Infinite Crisis and what not. Now that is some confusing stuff.

#18 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@hoole100 said:

@RedOwl_1 said:

@hoole100 said:

@KnightRise said:

@hoole100 said:

Read some older Retcon series like Crisis on Infinite Earths and Infinite Crisis and what not. Now that is some confusing stuff.

Donna Troy, Hawkworld, Power Girl. That is all.

#19 Posted by batshrine (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

Donna Troy, Aquaman, and Hawkman will always be the most confusing characters of all time. Batman Inc. just has few errors here and there. The only part that annoyed me is in Batwing they mentioned how Bruce Wayne is funding Batman (which really irritated me)

#20 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@hoole100: Why I would want to confuse myself? There's a reason why the only reboot-thing I have read is Flashpoint :P

@batshrine said:

Donna Troy, Aquaman, and Hawkman will always be the most confusing characters of all time. Batman Inc. just has few errors here and there. The only part that annoyed me is in Batwing they mentioned how Bruce Wayne is funding Batman (which really irritated me)

*sights* I guess you're right, I shouldn't even bothered on getting annoyed

#21 Edited by BlackPookie (640 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.