Is Batman even human!?!?!

#1 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm serious i'm not a big reader of the Batman but i've heard some seriously crazy stuff like:

- He can bench press half a tonne

- He can catch bullets

- He has a reaction time of .1 of a second

- He can run 100 metres faster then the worlds fastest sprinters

The things above suggest that he is more then at the "physical peak for human beings" it suggests that he's basically a demigod. I'm just looking for some explanations or clearer feats for THE BATMAN

#2 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, so?

#3 Edited by MasterDetective (806 posts) - - Show Bio

he's not really at the "physical peak for human beings", there are some stronger than him like Bane even without the venom

#4 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9622 posts) - - Show Bio

Blame comic book logic and fanboy force.

That why i would hate to see comic book Batman in a movie.

The guys is too damn powerfull and for the same too damn boring.

#5 Posted by Ms. Omega (4404 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically yes but some of the things and stuff he can do makes me wonder sometimes.

#6 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic books are not grounded in reality, so I don't think him being human have to do with anything. A ten years old kid can take out a bunch of adults is just as far-fetched. It's just a suspension of disbelief. People shouldn't apply real-life logic to comics in the first place anyway.

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

I agree with this......

@Redberry said:

Comic books are not grounded in reality, so I don't think him being human have to do with anything. A ten years old kid can take out a bunch of adults is just as far-fetched. It's just a suspension of disbelief. People shouldn't apply real-life logic to comics in the first place anyway.

and this...
#8 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
PIS...Batman is full of it...Don't hate.

But he is ok.
#9 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redberry said:

this.

#10 Posted by Tyler Starke (4410 posts) - - Show Bio

nope he's a comic book character :P

#11 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

batman is PURE pis. that is all the power he needs.

#12 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9622 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Good to see i am not the only one that would hate to see comic book Batman in a movie.

The guy is to damn powerfull for movies.

#13 Posted by CrimsonCake (2672 posts) - - Show Bio

What we find is impossible for humans beings,is what batman finds moderatly difficult.

#14 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7602 posts) - - Show Bio

No. But the writers seem to think different. That's why I don't care much for Batman. Writers love to fuel the fanboys.

#15 Posted by Skyfire (712 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic humans>>>Real humans

#16 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18828 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

What we find is impossible for humans beings,is what batman finds moderatly difficult.

LOL

#17 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

So if Batman does something amazing, it's PIS, but if Cap does, it's not PIS. I believe there are such people as "Anti-BatFans" that will stop at nothing to put Batman down. I don't believe in PIS, because that's how the writers portrayed him, so THAT'S how he is.

#18 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redberry said:

This.....or how I like to sum it up: Cause Comics

#19 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this might just attract more "Shut up, he's Batman!" people.

#20 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2194 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Comic book Batman in a movie would just be a typical kung fu movie star. It'd be awesome.

#21 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redberry said:

THIS

@Skyfire said:

Comic humans>>>Real humans

and this, he is "comic peak human" its diff.

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

So if Batman does something amazing, it's PIS, but if Cap does, it's not PIS. I believe there are such people as "Anti-BatFans" that will stop at nothing to put Batman down. I don't believe in PIS, because that's how the writers portrayed him, so THAT'S how he is.

most importantly this!

#22 Posted by edtie97 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe this is superman your thinking about.

#23 Posted by nickzambuto (13062 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Batman is not human. He's actually a high level reality warping alien who, in his mission to observe the planet known as Earth and evaluate it's potential, disguises himself as a crime fighting playboy. Read Batman #486, it's all in there.

#24 Posted by nickzambuto (13062 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

For one thing, Cap isn't peak human like most people think. He's metahuman, so he's allowed to do things Batman can't.

Secondly, I agree with you. People saying Batman benching 1,000 pounds isn't a viable feat because he's human is BS. If it's consistant, that's what he can do. Has Batman routinely shown the ability to be that strong? Or was that a one time thing? I leave that for you to decide.

#25 Posted by The Stegman (23258 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman isn't human, Batman is Batman.

#26 Posted by BatWatch (2368 posts) - - Show Bio

I looked up the world record for weight lifting the other day after reading some similar information on Captain America. I can't recall the exact record, but it was pretty close to a thousand pounds. However, that guy had a moderate amount of fat; It takes an energy reserve (fat) to be able to do feats like that. Anyway, between the small amount of fat and the ridiculously broad shoulders, someone really in that league of weight-lifting would look quite funny in a bat or star-spangled suit. (grins)

The superhuman ability the Bat Clan manifests the most which always annoys me is the ability to jump from heights of twenty feet or more without taking any damage. Yeah right.

#27 Posted by BatWatch (2368 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

No, Batman is not human. He's actually a high level reality warping alien who, in his mission to observe the planet known as Earth and evaluate it's potential, disguises himself as a crime fighting playboy. Read Batman #486, it's all in there.

I actually looked that up just to see if they did some sort of offbeat issue. That actually would have been pretty cool. (grins)

#28 Posted by nickzambuto (13062 posts) - - Show Bio

In all honesty though, plenty of people have lifted 1,000 pounds IRL. Benching is more than lifting, but this is Batman. I firmly believe that if a man were to spend his entire life, obsessively traveling the world, learning all kinds of ancient monk excersize techniques, and using his vast fortune to buy muscle massagers and other useful strength building gadgets, he could do something like that.

#29 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

At his body weight, without a bench shirt, there's no way in hell a real human benches 1,000lbs. Just so we are perfectly clear.

#30 Posted by nickzambuto (13062 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

At his body weight, without a bench shirt, there's no way in hell a real human benches 1,000lbs. Just so we are perfectly clear.

Lucky for Batman he's actually a reality warping alien then.

#31 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Explains a lot.

#32 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9622 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanosIsMad said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Comic book Batman in a movie would just be a typical kung fu movie star. It'd be awesome.

Batman in Batman Forever and Batman and Robin was a kung fu star and still was incredibly weaker that comic book Batman.

Comic book Batman is more powerfull that Movie Ironman.

Comic Batman is even more powerfull that Chen Zhen and Boyka, the most powerfull movie martial artist, i mean those guys could kick the sorry butt of Iron Fist.

#33 Edited by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

I'm serious i'm not a big reader of the Batman but i've heard some seriously crazy stuff like:

- He can bench press half a tonne

- He can catch bullets

- He has a reaction time of .1 of a second

- He can run 100 metres faster then the worlds fastest sprinters

The things above suggest that he is more then at the "physical peak for human beings" it suggests that he's basically a demigod. I'm just looking for some explanations or clearer feats for THE BATMAN

Where are your sources for these feats? (I think he bench-pressed 800lbs or so in R. I. P., but I can't remember the rest.)

Also, for every time Batman has done some awesome-mega-amazing thing, there has also been a time when Batman has been knocked-out by some over-weight, 40 year old henchman hiding behind a corner. A lot of Batman's strength, skill, and intelligence varies from writer to writer.

#34 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterDetective said:

he's not really at the "physical peak for human beings", there are some stronger than him like Bane even without the venom

No. Bane without venom is no stronger than Batman.

#35 Posted by Kingsford (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is portrayed as a human in its perfect form, thats the point. Of course he has bad days, all humans do but the message is to bring this perfect form to everyone's surface.

#36 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5228 posts) - - Show Bio
@ImTheDamnBatman
It's because Cap is SUPERHUMAN thanks too the Super Soldier Serum. The shit Bats pulls out of his @ss is purely metahuman ( DC term). There's no way he should be able to bench 1000 lbs and look normal or go days with no food drinking poisoned water then beat a guy who whipped his ass at full power.
He's an intelligent, ruthless, psycho who should just come out and say he came up with a way to augment his abilities to a superhuman degree to " win the war on crime".
#37 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon I should flag you for cursing, first of all. But I won't. Batman is peak human ability. Cap may have the SSS, but that only brings him up to about a 1 tonner - 2 tonner. Batman bench presses half a ton without a spotter, so it's safe to say that if he realllllly needed to he could lift 1 ton. Batman's true "power" however is his WILL. Batman beat that Talon in the Labrynith because he told himself, "I am not dying, and i will beat the hell out of him". You might not believe Batman can do the things he does without enhancement, but the truth is that he can. Get over it, Batman is peak level on everything. Also, he could hang with Cap and then beat him. But that should be for another thread.

#38 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

consider that badass normals in comic books can have a 100 tonner smack them hard enough to send them flying 20 feet into a brick wall and just be bruised. Its just some WIS.

#39 Posted by BigCimmerian (7864 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Batman isn't human, Batman is Batman.

He's actually half human half giant bat

#40 Posted by nickzambuto (13062 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

@WaveMotionCannon I should flag you for cursing, first of all. But I won't. Batman is peak human ability. Cap may have the SSS, but that only brings him up to about a 1 tonner - 2 tonner. Batman bench presses half a ton without a spotter, so it's safe to say that if he realllllly needed to he could lift 1 ton. Batman's true "power" however is his WILL. Batman beat that Talon in the Labrynith because he told himself, "I am not dying, and i will beat the hell out of him". You might not believe Batman can do the things he does without enhancement, but the truth is that he can. Get over it, Batman is peak level on everything. Also, he could hang with Cap and then beat him. But that should be for another thread.

I actually agree with that last part. IMO with gear Bats would take Cap down.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.