Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23637 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Is Batman better than Iron Man?

• 87 results
    aerllyhong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aerllyhong

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By DH69

Sexually?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well on a batman forum everyone will say yes. So yes he is. Batman is way more popular, had better movies, tv shows, video games, and sells more everything than iron man. The dark knight was listed as the 8th greatest movie of all time, and batman TAS was ranked as the 2nd animated series of all time. And batman arkham city was said to be the best superhero game ever.

CrouchingTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CrouchingTiger

It depends on how you define "better"

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

Stark might be a better inventor than Wayne by a slight margin, but in every other way Wayne would be superior.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken said:

Stark might be a better inventor than Wayne by a slight margin, but in every other way Wayne would be superior.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy Batman comics more than Iron Man if that's what you're asking

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alexander505

What you mean, better in what? In general, yes, Batman is better than Iron Man. Better like fighter, strategist, scientist, technology, intellect? Well, in this case, everyone have his opinion.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

In my opinion Batman is far more interesting a character.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If you mean whose the better character, I'd say they are both great characters.

Avatar image for ultimatejonathan
    UltimateJonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always found Batman more interesting and badass than Iron Man.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Well Batman is slightly less of a douche.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One is full of himself, the other keeps to himself. I find Batman books more interesting and his interaction with the world more intriguing. He also has more interesting villains and allies.

jjohnnyboy611

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Wayne is not smarter tha. Tony Stark but he is more versitile and diverse

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Night Thrasher

I like Batman more than Iron Man. However if by better you mean smarter, richer, more powerful...then no. Stark has Wayne beat in all three categories.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

In what capacity?

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stark isn't more smart than Bruce....

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Of course he's better. Batman is one of the greatest fictional characters of all time.

Iron Man is dull, uninspired and pointless.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

From my personal preference, yes Batman is a better character than Iron Man.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Of course.He is a better character and a more interesting one.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Durakken

@night_thrasher said:

I like Batman more than Iron Man. However if by better you mean smarter, richer, more powerful...then no. Stark has Wayne beat in all three categories.

Stark is not smarter. Yes he's smart, but he simply doesn't have the breadth or depth of knowledge Bruce has. Stark has a greater knowledge in a few key areas that allows him to make the Iron Man suit and that is about it...if that. The major invention Stark has is his energy source. Bruce however likely could create similar if he really tried or perhaps has created similar and just the difference in power levels of the others around him causes it to appear not as good.

Stark is not richer than Wayne. That is a myth that people who don't actually know anything about the characters made up when comparing movies and doing so dumbly. Bruce literally owns something like 1 to 2 thirds of Gotham's land and finances a huge amount of businesses in Gotham. He also obviously has liquid assets in the 100s of millions just to finance Batman at the bare minimum and that still hasn't touched on Wayne Enterprises which is the only way place that Stark may even remotely compete against Bruce on. Wayne Enterprises vs Stark Industries... Depending on canon Stark Industries is near collapse or having major problems due to Stark doing this or that. Wayne Enterprises not only has a larger economy to work in, but they just more successful in a general sense due to being weapons manufacturers as well as medical and tech and banking and so many other things. In comparison to the real world Stark Industries is like Marvel and Wayne Enterprises is a like Time Warner. They're simply on different tiers.

I brought it up in a minor way earlier, but when people talk about Stark being a billionaire. They're talking about his net worth if all his assets were Liquidated... when you talk about Bruce Wayne being a billionaire they're talking about his current liquid assets and not his net worth. His Net Worth would have to be in the trillions simply due to owning so much of Gotham. Gotham is, mind you, a version of New York which is one of the most expensive places to own land in the real world. New York would cost 1.05 Trillion to buy. Bruce owns 30-60% of this which means that his net value is at least 315-630 billion. That number is the bare minimum Bruce has over Stark and everything else Stark can be compared and is quite easily seen to be of less worth than most of what Bruce has.

The reason Stark is thought to be richer is because we see him using the Iron Man suit which we tend to think is more expensive even though we know shrinking everything tends to make it better and generally speaking we dismiss the value of all the expendables that Batman uses, the tech embedded in the suits and the vehicles. I will say that on suit vs suit comparison the Iron Man suit is more expensive, but it is also more durable, and has less expendables and the suit probably costs only a 20-30% more than a Batsuit. Batsuits that I'd bet Bruce goes through far more of than Stark.

More Powerful... Politically more powerful... yes, though Bruce doesn't try to be... though I'd say that Oracle and Batman are superior to SHIELD in espionage and it could be argued that with a friend like Superman and WonderWoman and Aquaman and Green Lantern and... he's technically more powerful in that sense too considering he has pull with world leaders and global icons rather than 1 country and 2 degrees of separation from the president at the very least...

I do however have to say that some of the above does have to change if we consider Batman Beyond or Ultimate Marvel. Ultimate Marvel's Stark is friends with Cap. America who is president and is part of a cabal that controls something like 90% of the wealth of the world and Batman Beyond Bruce lost his company and for some reason has a hard time taking the company back over... the only explanation for this i can think of is either he doesn't have all the land he should own or he doesn't wish to sell it because he wants what's best for Gotham. Either way it denotes less wealth by a pretty huge margin... though simultaneously it does put a number on his wealth to some degree since Bruce bought back his entire company and it took all his money which if we apply that to all Batman canon it means his liquid assets are equal to Wayne Enterprises stock value which would have to be something on the level of Microsoft or Sony or something like that. It'd be like Bill gates running Microsoft into the ground, losing it, having it return to it's former value and then buying it back. If something like that happened it would blow just about everyone's mind because Bill Gates doesn't have 70 billion dollars without microsoft and if we're saying that Wayne Enterprises is about 2 times as big as Microsoft (to accommodate for DC's Earth) then that would mean Bruce has 140 billion in liquid assets, 140 billion in Wayne Enterprises, and 600 billion in Gotham land at the minimum which is just insane and impossible for Stark to compete with without Ultimate Marvel canon which is not the norm and I'm pretty sure that didn't last long, but i forget if he lost it or not yet.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

^This

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken said:

@night_thrasher said:

Stark is not smarter. Yes he's smart, but he simply doesn't have the breadth or depth of knowledge Bruce has. Stark has a greater knowledge in a few key areas that allows him to make the Iron Man suit and that is about it...if that. The major invention Stark has is his energy source. Bruce however likely could create similar if he really tried or perhaps has created similar and just the difference in power levels of the others around him causes it to appear not as good.

Stark is not richer than Wayne. That is a myth that people who don't actually know anything about the characters made up when comparing movies and doing so dumbly. Bruce literally owns something like 1 to 2 thirds of Gotham's land and finances a huge amount of businesses in Gotham. He also obviously has liquid assets in the 100s of millions just to finance Batman at the bare minimum and that still hasn't touched on Wayne Enterprises which is the only way place that Stark may even remotely compete against Bruce on. Wayne Enterprises vs Stark Industries... Depending on canon Stark Industries is near collapse or having major problems due to Stark doing this or that. Wayne Enterprises not only has a larger economy to work in, but they just more successful in a general sense due to being weapons manufacturers as well as medical and tech and banking and so many other things. In comparison to the real world Stark Industries is like Marvel and Wayne Enterprises is a like Time Warner. They're simply on different tiers.

I brought it up in a minor way earlier, but when people talk about Stark being a billionaire. They're talking about his net worth if all his assets were Liquidated... when you talk about Bruce Wayne being a billionaire they're talking about his current liquid assets and not his net worth. His Net Worth would have to be in the trillions simply due to owning so much of Gotham. Gotham is, mind you, a version of New York which is one of the most expensive places to own land in the real world. New York would cost 1.05 Trillion to buy. Bruce owns 30-60% of this which means that his net value is at least 315-630 billion. That number is the bare minimum Bruce has over Stark and everything else Stark can be compared and is quite easily seen to be of less worth than most of what Bruce has.

The reason Stark is thought to be richer is because we see him using the Iron Man suit which we tend to think is more expensive even though we know shrinking everything tends to make it better and generally speaking we dismiss the value of all the expendables that Batman uses, the tech embedded in the suits and the vehicles. I will say that on suit vs suit comparison the Iron Man suit is more expensive, but it is also more durable, and has less expendables and the suit probably costs only a 20-30% more than a Batsuit. Batsuits that I'd bet Bruce goes through far more of than Stark.

More Powerful... Politically more powerful... yes, though Bruce doesn't try to be... though I'd say that Oracle and Batman are superior to SHIELD in espionage and it could be argued that with a friend like Superman and WonderWoman and Aquaman and Green Lantern and... he's technically more powerful in that sense too considering he has pull with world leaders and global icons rather than 1 country and 2 degrees of separation from the president at the very least...

I do however have to say that some of the above does have to change if we consider Batman Beyond or Ultimate Marvel. Ultimate Marvel's Stark is friends with Cap. America who is president and is part of a cabal that controls something like 90% of the wealth of the world and Batman Beyond Bruce lost his company and for some reason has a hard time taking the company back over... the only explanation for this i can think of is either he doesn't have all the land he should own or he doesn't wish to sell it because he wants what's best for Gotham. Either way it denotes less wealth by a pretty huge margin... though simultaneously it does put a number on his wealth to some degree since Bruce bought back his entire company and it took all his money which if we apply that to all Batman canon it means his liquid assets are equal to Wayne Enterprises stock value which would have to be something on the level of Microsoft or Sony or something like that. It'd be like Bill gates running Microsoft into the ground, losing it, having it return to it's former value and then buying it back. If something like that happened it would blow just about everyone's mind because Bill Gates doesn't have 70 billion dollars without microsoft and if we're saying that Wayne Enterprises is about 2 times as big as Microsoft (to accommodate for DC's Earth) then that would mean Bruce has 140 billion in liquid assets, 140 billion in Wayne Enterprises, and 600 billion in Gotham land at the minimum which is just insane and impossible for Stark to compete with without Ultimate Marvel canon which is not the norm and I'm pretty sure that didn't last long, but i forget if he lost it or not yet.

D:

Excellent explanation. Bravo.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There probably isn't much else to add after what @durakken wrote..

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enigmalantern said:

There probably isn't much else to add after what @durakken wrote..

Sure there is... We can talk about how Bruce is mentally healthier, physically healthier, has better teams, has better suits, has more skills, has better friends, has children, has better stories, has better parents, generally dates better women, has more style, has more class, has a better butler, has better enemies, and hasn't caused a war between super heroes...

Granted Batman also caused Brother EYE and in some futures fought a war against the government...however it wasn't "really" his fault and he dealt with Borther EYE and the government was corrupt where as Stark supports corrupt and useless governments...

Also technically Stark isn't a comparison of non-powered vs non-powered because Stark in the regular canon is nanite infused which qualifies as a power. Granted I don't know much about regular Marvel, but I do know that he's had that and I'm pretty sure he still has it. And in Ultimate Marvel he's a genetically altered so that every cell is part of his neural net and can regen...not to mention having a sentient tumor which makes him a technopath...again, qualifies as a power.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is better

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By consolemaster001

Yes

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#31  Edited By batmannflash

Yup

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm tempted to try to defeat all my points now and argue that Stark is better... I don't think I could...

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Alexander505

Maybe the only thing when Stark is a little superior at Bruce, is in the mechanic engineering..

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander505 said:

Maybe the only thing when Stark is a little superior at Bruce, is in the mechanic engineering..

The problem there is you got to compare Gotham City, Wayne Towers, the Bat Cave, The Insider Suit, etc to Stark Towers and the Iron Man suit and again the only thing that really gives Stark the edge is the power core which doesn't really match the Insider Suit.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Batman is better than Iron Man.

Iron Man has been an A-hole ever since the Civil War.

Guerraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Batman is so superior to iron that it's not fair to even compare. It's like comparing a AA baseball team to the Yankees. It's not even the same league. Compare iron to heroes that are on his level to make it more fair to him. The ONLY heroes you could put on Batman's level are Superman and Spiderman. They are the big three of Super Heroes, and no one else is in their league.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion Batman is far more interesting a character.

How is the character more interesting? the character is far too unrealistic too be in real life....master in all sorts of martial art, expert in all sciences...and remain a handsome dude full of hairs?

you realise Stan Lee can write Stark to be smarter and more exaggerating right? But instead, he chosen to gives him more flaws like Drink problem, womanizer and narcissistic. The process that driven him to be a "Hero" is more appealing than any other Superhero.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: Hmm, what's more realistic? A master of martial arts or a guy who made a flying robotic suit with built in flamethrowers and lazers out of scrap parts in the middle of the desert (or jungle)? Which of those two is more likely to exist in real life?

As for your second point, that honestly doesn't mean anything. Bob Kane could have created Batman to be smarter, too. And it honestly doesn't matter which character is more realistic, either, because that's not what I'm talking about at all. I said that in my opinion, Batman is a far more interesting character. If you think that a billionaire narcissistic womanizer with a drinking problem who can build a flying, flame throwing, robotic suit in the middle of the desert is more realistic than a billionaire martial artist and that that somehow makes him the more interesting character, I honestly have no idea what to say.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@goddamnironman: Hmm, what's more realistic? A master of martial arts or a guy who made a flying robotic suit with built in flamethrowers and lazers out of scrap parts in the middle of the desert (or jungle)? Which of those two is more likely to exist in real life?

As for your second point, that honestly doesn't mean anything. Bob Kane could have created Batman to be smarter, too. And it honestly doesn't matter which character is more realistic, either, because that's not what I'm talking about at all. I said that in my opinion, Batman is a far more interesting character. If you think that a billionaire narcissistic womanizer with a drinking problem who can build a flying, flame throwing, robotic suit in the middle of the desert is more realistic than a billionaire martial artist and that that somehow makes him the more interesting character, I honestly have no idea what to say.

mhm. And Batman encounters tons of flaws like Iron Man. He has made terrible decisions in the past and is far from the perfect human. He can be ignorant, arrogant, and so on. Batman encounters more problems, has a much bigger supporting cast, better villains (most of Iron Man's villains are people in suits like him), and is more realistic than Iron Man.

Avatar image for doctorholmes241
    Doctorholmes241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By Doctorholmes241

@durakken said:

^^

This

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In what sense?

Z I J U U N

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SirNickTheEpic

oh god no batman is nothing to iron man

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any person that say Ironman is better that Batman has to face my anger
    Any person that say Ironman is better that Batman has to face my anger
    Even Ironamn loves Batman, he hates himself but loves Batman
    Even Ironamn loves Batman, he hates himself but loves Batman
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I mean Ironman failed at getting some action with Black Widow, he go action with Jane Foster and Lois Lane too.

No Caption Provided

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

In every way.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Yup.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.