Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Is Batman beating Deathstroke upsetting?

• 58 results
    Avatar image for jacksplendorman
    JackSplendorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JackSplendorman

Unfortunately the character limit of the title, forces me to not title my posts in the exact manner I would like.

Anyway onto the topic at hand. I've noticed that people, not everyone, but enough to notice, get really, upset about the mere idea of Batman, defeating Deathstroke in a one on one fight.

Which considering other people Batman has faced and taken down, would it really be much of a stretch for a few writers to go; "Hey Batman's gonna whip DS in this comic." probably after a hard fight of course, but still.

So yeah why are people so opposed to Batman being able to take him on?

Avatar image for theamazingbatman760
    TheAmazingBatman760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind if he won in a tough fight but the typical Batman haters are gonna whine and complain but I'm ok with that.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins.

ironknight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No that wouldn't be going to far but you have people out there who can't stand to see Batman win anything but if that happened it wouldn't be going to far

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are opposed to it because batman lost to him before, and Slade is enhanced. Or because they hate batman. But slade was seriously injured after beating batman and I believe that was the first time they fought. Also, that was 20 years ago.

I don't believe batman beating Slade would be an upset at all. I also would be fine with batman losing, as long as its a good fight and he gets his shots in. But an upset? No. It wouldn't be one at all, unless he stomps.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman

Putting Batman vs Deathstroke aside. It seems the Batwankers are already out in force getting defensive before anyone said anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@jacksplendorman:

I guess it is because Deathstroke suposed to be the best Armed/Modern assassin of DC but he isnt able to be sucessful to kill that target and now everybody loves Deathstroke and now he is too much like Batman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: what do you mean 'before anyone said anything'? The OP literally asks a question, and then asks us to discuss it.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jacksplendorman: Batman and Deathstroke should be close fight. In fact Deathstroke beat Green Lantern in Identity Crisis is just lame and lazy writing.

For example, I can also make Sportmaster beat Green Lantern with that kind of writing.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are in the same general weight class. I don't see an issue with Bruce winning.

Based on stats, Bruce should either be fighting uphill or should have context as to why he is maintaining the upper hand.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Eh I wouldn't be upset but I would prefer Slade be that ONE badass mother f***** that can beat Batman in a straight fight.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman's my favorite character, and Darkseid's my second favorite villain. I feel like the New 52 has not done a good job of showing how strong he is, he should be a cosmic level threat yet Batman can stand up to him. So I think it's cool for Batman to stand up to him, but it makes Darkseid look really weak.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

No it is not upsetting, as long as the fight is drawn out and both characters are written well. Honestly the fight can go either way. And it could be a cool fight as long as it is done well.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ehhhhhhhhhhh. Depends on how they do it.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@dernman: what do you mean 'before anyone said anything'? The OP literally asks a question, and then asks us to discuss it.

Look at the first few posts again. Do I really need to explain?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Yes you do. Its not before anyone said anything. Because they are just responding to the op question.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Putting Batman vs Deathstroke aside. It seems the Batwankers are already out in force getting defensive before anyone said anything.

So anyone who ever defends Batman is automatically a Batwanker? And can you blame any Batman fan who is defensive when he easily gets the most hate out of any character on this site? Every impressive feat, every win is always Batwanking or PIS or the writers a Batman fanboy or other characters are being made to look stupid. Batman can't do anything without a bunch of crybabies whining about it. So I don't blame any Batman fan for naturally being defensive at times. I'm shocked this thread isn't filled with stupid posts saying Batman beating Deathstroke would be PIS.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

It's upsetting if Batman does it so easily, like in that crappy animated movie

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dernman

@jayc1324 said:

@dernman: Yes you do. Its not before anyone said anything. Because they are just responding to the op question.

Yes it's before anyone said anything. The op doesn't count because he the was "mostly neutral party" that started the conversation. When I say before I mean responders.

@jack_donaghy said:

@dernman said:

So anyone who ever defends Batman is automatically a Batwanker? And can you blame any Batman fan who is defensive when he easily gets the most hate out of any character on this site? Every impressive feat, every win is always Batwanking or PIS or the writers a Batman fanboy or other characters are being made to look stupid. Batman can't do anything without a bunch of crybabies whining about it. So I don't blame any Batman fan for naturally being defensive at times. I'm shocked this thread isn't filled with stupid posts saying Batman beating Deathstroke would be PIS.

In the context of a response to those that lump those in opposition are reduced Bathaters and people who just don't like Batman to win then yes. It's a response that reverses it on them so they can see how the practice of labeling/dismissing everyone into such a group while ignoring their real motivations is ridiculous. . Especially when no one even responded in opposition yet.

Yes I can blame them I'm I huge Batman fan. Yes I can blame them because I also go though similar stuff with other characters..Yes I can blame them because people keep calling it "hate" instead of what it is a legitimate gripe.

Curious how I was called out for such behavior and not those before me.

Anyways I've said my piece and divest myself of the conversation.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has beaten DS before and vice versa.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its like if Batman beat Captain America in a straight fight.

Batman can win, but pretty much by using outside help and tons of gadgets and having prep.

The main problem its that Deathstroke is better that Batman in all fighting aspects.

Also taking that all the times Batman has take down Deathstroke were based on taking Deathstroke by surprise or having the help of several people, makes hard to believe Batman can beat him.

Batman can beat Deathstroke, only under some circumstances, most of the times Deathstroke is going to win.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Batman has beaten DS before and vice versa.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dernman

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Batman can win, but pretty much by using outside help and tons of gadgets and having prep.

The main problem its that Deathstroke is better that Batman in all fighting aspects.

Also taking that all the times Batman has take down Deathstroke were based on taking Deathstroke by surprise or having the help of several people, makes hard to believe Batman can beat him.

Batman can beat Deathstroke, only under some circumstances, most of the times Deathstroke is going to win.

I agree with the Cap thing. I wouldn't say tons but some.

Also agree with the Deathstroke thing because of his enhanced abilities and armor. Don't think Deathstroke is a better Martial Artist though. While great, his superiority would come from enhancements. Just my opinion.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Batman beating a street-leveler can't be considered PIS, because Batman himself is a street-leveler and one of the good ones, but based on their previous encounters, Batman beating him in a straight up fight, would be "inconsistent", and although i like both, i like Batman more, but i have no problems admitting that a well written Slade should beat pretty much, any street-leveler that he faces.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I agree with the Cap thing. I wouldn't say tons but some.

Also agree with the Deathstroke thing because of his enhanced abilities and armor. Don't think Deathstroke is a better Martial Artist though. While great, his superiority would come from enhancements. Just my opinion.

This.

Also, in my opinion, DS > Cap = Batman, in stats.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's up to a person whether they hate on it or not, I honestly couldn't give less of a crap.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By Anjales_II

Batman vs DT should be a "it could go either way encounter". Not a stomp for either, a plot device will give an advantage to the winner, and that's not really a bad thing. But Batman should beat DT more times than DT beating BM, because Batman is the hero and Slade's the villain, and the hero, even after losing, should always get back up and get his win back.

Pre-New 52: The score is 2-1 for Batman. First fight, Slade decisively defeats Batman though Bruce's objective was simply to convince Slade not get himself involved with something, not to take him down. In that fight, Batman didn't seem to want to fight Slade, but found himself forced to do so. Even after the Fight, Slade mentions that Batman's blows is giving his healing factor a hard time to heal, and because of his injuries at the hands of Batman, he actually ends getting incapacitated by someone else.

Second fight, Batman decisively beats DT, even though Slade's objective wasn't to kill Batman, but he was aiming for someone else. It was still an even match up, Slade is even impressed by the fact that his blows are not knocking out Batman. Batman ends up taking advantage and knocks Slade out with his own rifle.

Third fight, Batman had help from Nightwing (and I think Robin) and they completely destroy Slade. Not a fair fight, but still this counts as a victory for Bats, since was the one who finished him off, did most of the work and was standing over Slade at the end of it.

There was also one time where Batman snuck up and one-shotted Slade, but technically that wasn't a fight since DT was unaware of Batman. There was also another time where Slade was hallucinating and was imaging his son Joe, Batman was standing in his way and Slade was bloodlusted but he wasn't in his right mind. Batman swiftly takes him down. So in fair 1 on 1 fight, the score is 1-1, but in all their fights they are 2-1 for Bats, but in all of their encounters (including unfair ones) it's actually 4-1 for Batman.

In New 52: They only had one encounter. A Venom enhanced Deathstroke chopped Batman's Batplane in half, causing Batman to fall in the ocean but nothing more. So the score is 0-0. They'll fight soon in DT's title.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjales said:

Batman vs DT should be a "it could go either way encounter". Not a stomp for either, a plot device will give an advantage to the winner, and that's not really a bad thing. But Batman should beat DT more times than DT beating BM, because Batman is the hero and Slade's the villain, and the hero, even after losing, should always get back up and get his win back.

Pre-New 52: The score is 2-1 for Batman. First fight, Slade decisively defeats Batman though Bruce's objective was simply to convince Slade not get himself involved with something, not to take him down. In that fight, Batman didn't seem to want to fight Slade, but found himself forced to do so. Even after the Fight, Slade mentions that Batman's blows is giving his healing factor a hard time to heal, and because of his injuries at the hands of Batman, he actually ends getting incapacitated by someone else.

Second fight, Batman decisively beats DT, even though Slade's objective wasn't to kill Batman, but he was aiming for someone else. It was still an even match up, Slade is even impressed by the fact that his blows are not knocking out Batman. Batman ends up taking advantage and knocks Slade out with his own rifle.

Third fight, Batman had help from Nightwing (and I think Robin) and they completely destroy Slade. Not a fair fight, but still this counts as a victory for Bats, since was the one who finished him off, did most of the work and was standing over Slade at the end of it.

There was also one time where Batman snuck up and one-shotted Slade, but technically that wasn't a fight since DT was unaware of Batman. There was also another time where Slade was hallucinating and was imaging his son Joe, Batman was standing in his way and Slade was bloodlusted but he wasn't in his right mind. Batman swiftly takes him down. So in fair 1 on 1 fight, the score is 1-1, but in all their fights they are 2-1 for Bats, but in all of their encounters (including unfair ones) it's actually 4-1 for Batman.

In New 52: They only had one encounter. A Venom enhanced Deathstroke chopped Batman's Batplane in half, causing Batman to fall in the ocean but nothing more. So the score is 0-0. They'll fight soon in DT's title.

QFT.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Batman beating a street-leveler can't be considered PIS, because Batman himself is a street-leveler and one of the good ones, but based on their previous encounters, Batman beating him in a straight up fight, would be "inconsistent", and although i like both, i like Batman more, but i have no problems admitting that a well written Slade should beat pretty much, any street-leveler that he faces.

It really isn't. They have only two "straight-up fights". And the score is 1-1 each. In other non-straight up fights scenarios, we've seen Batman take down Slade more times than Slade has taken down Batman. In Pre-New 52, they have had a total of 5 encounters, and DT only came out on top once. The others all belong to Batman in fair and unfair circumstances. But in a fair 1 on 1 fight, it's tie, meaning that whenever they meet, it could go either way, and so Batman beating DT is just as likely as DT beating Batman. I wrote in more detail in my previous post.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacksplendorman: If he's taking people like Deathstroke down one vs one then people need to stop saying that Bruce is "just a human" and acknowledge that he is in fact superhuman.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TehStranger

@anjales said:

Don't forget to mention that Slade decisively beat Bruce twice in that issue before Batman finally beat Deathstroke on his third try.

But yeah, this fight could go either way, if written well I have no problem seeing one lose to the other.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would it be upsetting? No it wouldn't as long as it is entertaining.

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjales said:

Indeed.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
    deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If done correctly no. If in a random encounter brawl fight yes.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tehstranger: The problem with THAT fight was that DS was able to physically dominate Batman without enhancements. This would not be a major issue if Slade did not also overpower manbats and survive bullets through his head without lasting damage beyond losing an eye.

For those reasons it would be best to treat the Dixon fight as if it did not happen.

And Batman should not be able to beat DS in unarmed combat. DS can hit harder, faster, and could take more damage without being amped(armor).

But, Batman could get a NO through his demonstrably superior stealth. It was through stealth that Bats did almost all of his damage in ALL of their fights. As it should be.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
    DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people need to pick up a comic with Deathstroke in it before making such stupid comments.

This might rustle some jimmies, but I'll go ahead and say it:

"There is absolutely nothing wrong with Batman beating Deathstroke in a one on one fight."

I love how everyone just likes to lowball or "hate on" Batman in every single opportunity they have. But in reality, a majority of these Batman haters didn't even pick up a Deathstroke comic in their lives. All they know is the fight where Slade beats Batman up from a scan (that is like 20 years old) they've seen online. It's not like Deathstroke is a character that is as popular or "read as much" as Batman. So 90% of the people commenting on a Batman vs Deathstroke battle have no idea about the context in their fight.

Little do they now about how Slade is messed up after his fight with Batman and states it himself that he would be "feeling the bruises for a long time" or that he'd "hate to fight bruce without his enhancements". That is because Slade says these in the next issue after their fight which no misinformed Bat-hater bothers to read.

Don't get me wrong, I think Slade is very likely to beat Batman in a 1on1 encounter, but Batman beating him is also plausible.

This isn't hard to comprehend either, Slade has enhanced physicals which surpasses Bruce's, but to compensate Batman has a clear superiority in skill. Bruce's morals hold him back at times which gives Slade a 6/10 chance if winning in a random encounter. In my opinion, if Batman's morals didn;t hold him back, then each would have an equal chance of winning.

So yeah, Slade is likelier to win by a very small margin if they are in an in character fight (with no gadgets). But that does not by any means it is unplausible for Batman to win.

Bottom line being, either of them can win in a fight and no sensible person would make a fuss out of either result.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Sure, Slade should win more fight out of 10 but I don't think that means Batman can't get a few wins.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#39  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

There needs to be SOME characters that Batman CAN'T beat otherwise he's the worst character to ever exist.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous There's many characters Batman can't beat but DS isn't one of them. And like I always say no one is unbeatable in comics.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@rustyroy said:

@jonny_anonymous There's many characters Batman can't beat but DS isn't one of them. And like I always say no one is unbeatable in comics.

They only way Batman loses is when there is a series of specific events that make it impossible for him to win. Or he loses on purpose.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

In a straight up random encounter, there isn't any reason other than chance that Batman would walk away the victor. Because Slade is enhanced to be more than peak human physically and with a mind that in a fight works alot faster than that of any normal human being.

With preperation however, the ball swings back towards Batman, how far depends on how long he has to get the right gear, set up the arena to suit him and so on. But still, he is going to need some time before he should start feeling confident about getting into h2h range of this opponent.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous And how is that different from any superhero?

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gracetrack

If Batman uses his gadgets and smarts, and the writer doesn't just turn it into one big slug-fest, I have no problem whatsoever with him beating Deathstroke in a random encounter. Bruce is every bit as cunning as Slade, and there are any number of ways he could take him out depending on how the writer wants to approach it.

The gap in physicals between them isn't so big that it automatically negates a win for Batman in a random encounter, not by a long shot.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By Hit_Monkey

@rustyroy said:

They only way Batman loses is when there is a series of specific events that make it impossible for him to win. Or he loses on purpose.

I dunno, man. What about round 1 with the Mutant Leader in TDKR? Just off the top of my head?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacksplendorman: If he's taking people like Deathstroke down one vs one then people need to stop saying that Bruce is "just a human" and acknowledge that he is in fact superhuman.

Well, Batman's greatest trick is convincing the universe he was "just a human."

Why bother letting the bat out of the bag now?

Mellosassymel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's already beaten Bane so Deathstroke should be no big deal to him imo

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjales said:

@bat_girl_cc said:

It really isn't. They have only two "straight-up fights". And the score is 1-1 each. In other non-straight up fights scenarios, we've seen Batman take down Slade more times than Slade has taken down Batman. In Pre-New 52, they have had a total of 5 encounters, and DT only came out on top once. The others all belong to Batman in fair and unfair circumstances. But in a fair 1 on 1 fight, it's tie, meaning that whenever they meet, it could go either way, and so Batman beating DT is just as likely as DT beating Batman. I wrote in more detail in my previous post.

The problem is, Batman's "1" its not really a "1" its more like a 2-1 for Slade, since he stomped Batman twice in that issue before Batman could finally take him down, and he surprised Slade there, not to mention that Slade didn't even wantted to fight Batman, he even stated as much, so its not 1-1 its 3-1.

Anyway, it should be a good fight, but a taking into consideration, Slade's skills + enhancements + armor + tacticle brain, a well written Slade should beat any street-level that he faces, but that's just my opinion.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.