Is batman and son any good.

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm a huge Grant Morrison fan and was looking in to buying batman and son and was wondering if it was any good. Also if you are one of these ''(enter writers name here) RUINED THE CHARACTER FOR ME BLAH BLAH) types please don't comment cause I don't want to have to scroll down five comment before I get to a sensible answer.

#2 Posted by Avenger85 (1934 posts) - - Show Bio

It's good and an essential read, as it's Damian's first ever appearance.

#3 Posted by havoc1201 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

its a really great morrison story, and it is very much worth a read

#4 Posted by noj (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

a very good start to Morrison's run! Andy Kuberts art is also just plain awesome.

#5 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@havoc1201 said:

its a really great morrison story, and it is very much worth a read

<3

#6 Posted by JakeN7 (12738 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Essential reading for any Batman fan (let alone a Morrison fan as well.) It's the start of Grant Morrison's run and the first appearance of Damian.

I would suggest getting the Batman: The Black Glove Deluxe Edition which collects both Batman and Son and Batman: The Black Glove. That is the first 2 years of Morrison's run and leads right up to Batman R.I.P. It's $20 for a near 400 page hardcover edition...that is an absolute steal (in case you didn't know.)

#7 Posted by ccraft (5406 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 thanks dude that's a big ill have to make sure and order just that next week as of now my funds are lets say none exist ant ATM :P

#9 Posted by JakeN7 (12738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@JakeN7 thanks dude that's a big ill have to make sure and order just that next week as of now my funds are lets say none exist ant ATM :P

No problem man. Hah! I know the feeling. My wallet and I's relationship is...strained to say the least.

#10 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed it a lot, and it's more or less the start of the entire Morrison run - so there's that.

Plus, it also has the Clown at Midnight issue - which is one of the most chilling Joker stories I have ever read, even though most of it is in prose.

#11 Edited by consolemaster001 (5849 posts) - - Show Bio

It was alright.

#12 Posted by The_Tree (7745 posts) - - Show Bio

It's really good and important, seeing as it's the beginning to Morrison's run.

#13 Edited by TDK_1997 (14991 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it is.It's a really good story and it's the beginning of Morrison's run.

#14 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a good story.

Probably cause Damian was introduced.

#15 Edited by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a fun story and a jumping on point for much bigger stories down the line.

Though some of the new characters introduced here (and I'm referring to Damien) are initially unlikable, that's by design.

Give it a try, if you like it, you'll probably like what follows.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.