Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Is batfamily getting crowded???

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blackhawk000111

I think there are too many members plus now there is blue bird too do u think batfamily is getting crowded???

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to tell, it lost Nightwing and Robin(and Batgirl is possibly on the way) but gained Bluebird and another unknown member but I think its unnecessary to add more member to the family, the core members will return eventually and Batfamily doesn't need any more characters specially the new ones, I was happy when New 52 got rid of Steph, Cassandra and others but they are filling it up again with characters who bring nothing new to the family.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@rustyroy said:

Hard to tell, it lost Nightwing and Robin(and Batgirl is possibly on the way) but gained Bluebird and another unknown member but I think its unnecessary to add more member to the family, the core members will return eventually and Batfamily doesn't need any more characters specially the new ones, I was happy when New 52 got rid of Steph, Cassandra and others but they are filling it up again with characters who bring nothing new to the family.

Now tell me something, who would you prefer?...Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown (who like it or not, are unique characters and with no doubt, each one of them, bring something new to the Bat-Family)...or Harper Row and Batwoman (Kate Kane)?

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Dick is still part of batfamily and i think damian is coming back

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Dick is still part of batfamily and i think damian is coming back

That's what I said, Dick won't be involved in current Batfamily affairs and Damian is dead for now but both of them will return eventually.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe a little bit but I'm fine with it, I like more characters

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

This. As long as the characters add something to the context and are not just added for show, then I'm fine with it.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i3io_hazard said:

This. As long as the characters add something to the context and are not just added for show, then I'm fine with it.

I don't. Its seems like anyone who is an orphan gets free pass to join the Batfamily even if they don't have any experience and are just normal kids. Makes Bruce looks bad.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RustyRoy

The Batfamily should only have Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl or Oracle, Red Robin and Robin as members.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

The Batfamily should only have Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl or Oracle, Red Robin and Robin as members.

I agree

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

Nope, the more, the merrier.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OrangeBat

Yes, yes it is. And half of the characters tossed into it don't even add anything. The only "core" characters, or characters that actually add to the dynamic are Batman himself, Nightwing, Barbara's Batgirl and Red Hood. And Batwoman shouldn't even be a Bat-Family member, she should be to Batman what Spider-Woman is to Spider-Man.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think batfamily should one meta character if they add more ofcourse

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: Yaah I forgot her but I am not sure she is part of batfamily yet

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lifeofvibe

@blackhawk000111:

eh she ain't, couldn't help but menchen her she's what I would call an "an out of the blue undesirable character"

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By I3IO_HAZARD

@rustyroy said:

As core Batman family members yes but I was thinking more along the lines of Batman Inc. where there are alot of Bat-related characters all over the world.

Alfred, Catwoman, Gordon and Huntress are also pretty solid bat family members as well

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It's not getting crowded.

It's been crowded for a long, long time.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@rustyroy said:

I agree

I would go even further. Batman, Nightwing, and Oracle..

I would disassociate Red Robin fully his history from the Bat family and make him all about the Teen Titans.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

As core Batman family members yes but I was thinking more along the lines of Batman Inc. where there are alot of Bat-related characters all over the world.

Alfred, Catwoman, Gordon and Huntress are also pretty solid bat family members as well

Batman Inc. rarely works inside of Gothams, and they are allies like JL so is Gordon, Huntress should work alone, Catwoman too, she's not a Batfamily member.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

I would go even further. Batman, Nightwing, and Oracle..

I would disassociate Red Robin fully his history from the Bat family and make him all about the Teen Titans.

I'd at least keep his history with Batman intact but yeah he's better of with the Titans than the Batfamily. I'd also add Robin.

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
    feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's wrong with a crowded Batfamily?

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Ever hear the sayings, "too much of a good thing"? Or "less is more"?

I definitely feel its over crowded. But Batman and Bat-related stories sell so DC won't give a crap what I think lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, and I would like to point out that Batwoman isn't part of the bat family.

We have bruce dick Tim Jason Damian Barbara Stephanie Harper and that's it. Not really crowded. Only 8 people.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because when one of them needs help and they don't ask, it makes them look prideful. I can understand being a lone wolf in batmans world, but idk when youre little sister gets kidnapped and taken into the sewer and you are going mad trying to find her, you have the worlds greatest detective at your disposal and you don't ask for help it makes you seem a little stupid.

When you are on the run from an evil organization hunting down super powered kids, and you have the batman on your side and you dont ask for help well then yeah also seems a little insane.

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Yeah that it's

We have to redefine who the actual bat-family is because a Batman ally is not the same thing as Bat-family, otherwise we might as well include the damn justice league in the bat-family too

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Nope, and I would like to point out that Batwoman isn't part of the bat family.

We have bruce dick Tim Jason Damian Barbara Stephanie Harper and that's it. Not really crowded. Only 8 people.

You forgot to mention Luke and that other girl in the Batcave and DC is trying to make Batwoman part of the Batfamily, isn't that one of the reasons JHW left? For Batman 8 is pretty big, and nearly everyone on the team is teenager and 2 of them are not trained.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Not really

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.