Is anyone else sick of people saying that BB,TDK&TDKR are overate

#1 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

d.

Everytime I hear someone say that Christopher Nolans trilogy is overated I feel like they are doing it because its cool. It really makes me sick everytime someone says that because I hear it nearly every time. These are the arguements for why they say its overated, it may not be all at the moment because I either didn't come across it or it wasn't made up yet.

Christian Bale's batman voice. I get why people would be bothered because it kinda bugs me too, but not to the point where I would bitch about it like it was some leision that won't go away. Not everyone is Michael Keaton and not everyone is Kevin Conroy.

The realistic atmosphere. Some people still prefer the gothic look, I get it. It can be cool at times, but most of the time a realistic background works better and more compelling stories, sure I there are good stories with an unrealistic atmosphere like with clayface and manbat, but I don't like it when he's in outer space fighting aliens or supernatural beings, Do people really want another batman and robin. There are many interpretations of our beloved character. There are always going to be people who just bash things for the sake of it. Even batman the animated series gets a few bashings.

Heath Ledgers's joker. I personaly felt he nailed it. I also enjoyed ceaser romano's take as well as jack nicholson's but my personal favourite is without a doubt Mark Hamill. Fair enough that some peole would prefer someone elses performance, but people demand that it be exactly like someone elses performace. That is the worst thing you could do when you play this character, the same goes for batman and any other character. If you don't believe me watch young justice and their take on heath ledgers joker.

It isn't like the comics. Tim Burton's movies aren't like the comics either, last time I checked the joker never had the name Jack Napier in the comics. Its a movie, it ain't always going to be the same. Sure the joker doesn't have the joker venom, bane doesn't have venom and Ra's al ghul doesn't use the lazarus pit, catwoman doesn't have her whip. People moan about that like its something important to his character, its actually secondary to their characters. The essential parts are their characterisations, Ra's al ghul is still the man who's obsessed in making the world a eutopia by wiping out the world's population and changing the world to the way he wants it to be, the joker to me is spot on despite that he's not permewhite or lack off joker venom, I enjoyed Michelle Phifer's performance as catwoman although I didn't like her characterisation in that movie, I think Ann Hathaway nailed it too with her part even though my favourite is still Julie Newmar. I personally prefer Tom Hardy's version of bane to the comic version, I'll discuss why later. I agree that the scarecrow didn't get used enough and I wish he got more screen time.

There is much more to get through but for now I'll leave it to you. I know I'll get hate mail and some of you will agree with me. I'l get to the rest later.

#2 Posted by havoc1201 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

i think heath ledger was great and spot on as the joker, i dont mind bales bat voice i think it has a good growl to it which batman is known to have, also some things about dkr was off but i dont think it was over rated it is an elseworld batman. not every actor portraying a charactor should play it the same and for anyone who thinks that you have no vision, thats the whole point of acting. anne hathaway was great. the dkr wasnt my favorite of nolans movies but i think he did a great job reviving the franchise after the monster shumocker ruined it and almost killed it forever so when you want to bad mouth what nolan did, remember batman forever and batman and robin yeah we dont want that to happen again.

#3 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't please everyone.

#4 Posted by BatWatch (2766 posts) - - Show Bio

On this site, it is much more cool to say you loved the Nolan movies.

Personally, I am all over the place on the series.

Batman Begins. It was okay. Action was mostly lame but the script was pretty good.

The Dark Knight. One of the best movies of the last ten years.

The Dark Knight Rises. Meh. Good acting and themes, but mediocre action and horrible scripting.

I cannot speak for the anti-Nolanites, but my objections do not even fit into any of the things you address.

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

#5 Edited by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know what youre talking about

Every person i know loves these movies

#6 Posted by briangsharon (147 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel as though DK is the cream. However BB is the best script and rises has the best action.

#7 Posted by Squalleon (4626 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

You can't please everyone.

#8 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed the movies, they werent meant to be like the comics. I do tend to be a comic book purist sometimes and some of Nolans choices really annoyed me like how they changed Talia's and Bane's origins, and most annoyingly what he did to robin. But, i still enjoyed the movies.

#9 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan haters want to be hipsters.

#10 Edited by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hate people who dislike the things I like.

#11 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

That's because they are highly overrated. Not bad films, but not as good as the fanboys make them out to be.

#12 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

the only thing for me thats overrated in the nolan batman films is batman suit...its too....thin...and kind of...armory looking...

#13 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7841 posts) - - Show Bio

The 3rd one is overrated.

#14 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omega Ray Jay said:

The 3rd one is overrated.

why :D?

#15 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

That's because they are highly overrated. Not bad films, but not as good as the fanboys make them out to be.

Agreed, well mostly

Batman Begins- Good movie

Dark Knight- Great movie

Dark Knight Rises - Good, but disappointing.

My thoughts on Nolan's Bat trilogy.

#16 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

The Dark Knight Returns

you mean dark knight rises?

I think the last stretch of the dark knight rises with the batcopter was a little too much flight...

#17 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN: Fixed. Thanks, it has been a long day.

#18 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@FatihBATMAN: Fixed. Thanks, it has been a long day.

dude...dont worry....im not a grammar nazi..just wanted to know... <3 :D

#19 Posted by danhimself (22580 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

completely agree

#20 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3535 posts) - - Show Bio

The only bad opinions of the movies I've ever see have been on the Vine. Some people here are just sticklers. TDKR was definitely not the greatest movie in the world, but it was a terrific ending to the trilogy.

#21 Posted by SoA (4844 posts) - - Show Bio

its only sheeple following if they didnt see the movies and are lonely . ive seen the movies and think the first two were great movies, TDKR is overrated

#22 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

....why overated? :)

#23 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

First two were AMAZING. The last one was good. Nothing more.

If someone says something you don't like, the most progressive thing to do is to ignore them, and try as best you can to not make their statements into a big deal.

#24 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

just asking though..i like oppinions on why you didnt like it :D?

#25 Posted by sumafatrider (59 posts) - - Show Bio

because they were!!!!!, I LOVED BATMAN BEGINS,but the dark knight rises was way overated it could have been waaaaaaay BETTER,thats my opinion I LOVE BATMAN he is my number one super hero,i am a fanboy,and anyone who knows batman knows nolans films didnt show batman only batman begins came close the other two were about the villians more,they didnt focuse on batman

respect to nolans for final giving a clear picture of who the joker is and capable of,i think he was aiming for everyone even those who don"t read comics

second i love how bane got the respect he deserve cause seriously after knight fall he just turned into some thug

#26 Posted by sumafatrider (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Agreed, well mostly

Batman Begins- Good movie

Dark Knight- Great movie

Dark Knight Rises - Good, but disappointing.

My thoughts on Nolan's Bat trilogy.

agreed 100%

#27 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7841 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN: I had problems with the script and direction elements of the story took, with a few actor gripes (mainly about some being underused).

#28 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (11019 posts) - - Show Bio

Worst since Avengers came out and people are living in this delusional idea, that Avenger was the perfect movie that was the best movie of all times and every single superhero movie should follow that way.

Xmen live in a world of haters, because they are movie made by Fox and dont follow the exact same path that Avenger related one do.

I mean Burton did everything Gothic, but Gotham city is based on New York Art Deco, so Burton fails at making Gotham, Joel amazingly did that in a better way, it was to damn funny Art Deco, but at least was Art Deco, i mean look at Tas is only Art Deco, Burton fails at explain why he is Batman, i mean Joel does a better job to explain Batman, i mean before Nolan the best Batman movie Quote was,

I'm both Bruce Wayne and Batman, not because I have to be, now, because I choose to be.

Killer croc was a guy with skin problems and then one day got to be a Steve Irwin Enemy, Clayface was a guy that used make up, now he is huge pile of something that looks like human feces.

I mean Nolan cared about the essence of the character, that people care about costumes, powers and stupid things like that, is because they cant see the character for who they are.

I mean the only movie about Superheroes i want to see in the next 5 years is Man of Steel, because is the one of the few that cares about the characterisation.

Also Avengers was a ripoff of Seven Samurai, so i still dont get the sick insane love for that movie, no Seven Samurai that is a MASTERPIECE.

I mean is even the same character and the same narrative, heck they even take the whole making 2 characters in 1 from The Seven Magnificent, is the same movie, just without all the character development you get in Seven Samurai that show, that the whole, you cant make a team in just one movie, is BULLCRAP.

#29 Edited by entropy_aegis (15338 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

The reason why they are ranked so highly is because of the story telling,intent and themes,despite their flaws very few comicbookmovie comes close to anyone of the Nolan films in those categories, X-Men First Class,the first 2 Spiderman movies, and well that's about it.

#30 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't you know OP the only superhero movie people don't think is overrated is The Avengers, you know "the greatest film ever created by mankind."

#31 Posted by Cap10nate (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed Begins and Dark Knight. Begins was a great origin story and Dark Knight was an excellent exploration of the character. I was underwhelmed by Rises though. It was very predictible and drawn out. It got very slow at times. It was also ridiculous how he went from having no cartilage left in his knee and needing a cane to be able to climb out of the pit that no one other than Talia was able to escape. I don't think that Rises was nearly as good as the first two movies. Being from Pittsburgh, the most enjoyment that I got out of Rises was picking out scenes from the Burgh.

#32 Posted by jloneblackheart (5521 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR was one of the most disappointing crapfests I have ever had the misfortune of seeing.

#33 Posted by RazzaTazz (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart: Have you read much of No Man's Land?

#34 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

I only get frustrated when people act like the Nolan films are the be-all/end-all of comic book movies. They were great movies. I watched 'em all and they were a heckuva lotta fun.

I WAS disappointed about how rabidly they tried to stick to "realism". Yes, I know it's just another take on the character and I should separate it from the comics. It's just that with movies like Iron Man and Spiderman out and super-successful, I thought the days of having to compromise for our superhero films were over.

So when I heard we weren't getting Robin, Poison Ivy, Penguin, or any of the more out-there elements of the Bat-mythos, I was a little let down. Because the movies WERE that good. I just kept thinking of what the director, writers, and actors of those movies could do with that kind of material. But all we got was, "no, that stuff is too silly for OUR Batman".

Like I said, I love the Nolan Bat-movies. But that is why "Avengers" will always edge it out in my personal favorites list. Because in the comics Loki had a helmet with huge, stupid-looking horns on it; and when you go and see the movie, Loki's got the helmet with the huge, stupid-looking horns on it. And it works.

So yeah, my only problem with the Nolan movies is that I REALLY wanted movies of that caliber that embraced all of the Batman mythos.

#35 Posted by jloneblackheart (5521 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: I read the CV page

#36 Posted by RazzaTazz (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart: Oh OK, I think the movie resonated more with me because I read Knightfall and a lot of No Man's Land. there were parts which deviated from that, but they also made sense in the end, especially as he was aiming for a trilogy. It is not something that we will ever see in comics but it was nice to see Batman retire.

#37 Posted by jloneblackheart (5521 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: I think that is the common denominator. All this praise must be from people who read a lot of Batman comics and have other connections. As a casual reader of Batman, I'm just going in based on the movie alone (well, and the previous two).

• The movie was WAY longer than it needed to be,
  • Bane's mask and voice were ridiculous, but he sure likes breaking people's necks!
  • Talia sure had a long, long plan for revenge for something so petty
  • Gordon gets spot as commissioner on a lie
  • the fights were choreographed terribly
  • nothing like marching cops into a tunnel like a school of fish after army of criminals
  • least sexy, monotone Catwoman of all time
  • way too much Joseph Gordon-Levitt for no reason, like it was a separate movie
  • Alfred quits?
  • Batman needs a cane, gets broken, then achieves the near impossible (as if we were supposed to believe he wouldn't?)
  • not a single suspenseful moment
  • if this is supposed to be set in a realistic world, why is there a batwing?

I'm sure I could go on. The best part of the movie is Gary Oldman as Commissioner Gordon.

#38 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7024 posts) - - Show Bio

well I loved all of them.

#39 Posted by HexThis (901 posts) - - Show Bio

I cannot, cannot, cannot listen to complaints about Nolan's trilogy, it gets me all worked up and I find it difficult to be diplomatic.

What superhero movies are there to compare this trilogy to that are actually better? Better movies? This is what I always say in response to complaints about Nolan's trilogy because thus far, no directors have managed to stay even remotely true to franchises through trilogies. I almost sometimes feel as though the people complaining about Batman fanboys are other fanboys of less successful franchises because god knows there are plenty. Spiderman, Iron Man, Daredevil? Do those names usually coincide with good movies? Iron Man 1, Spiderman 1, Spiderman 2 (sorta)....but other than that they were movies wherein directors and writers completely lost sight of the vision.

I don't think Nolan did that, I think he really pulled through and put out movies that were for everyone and that could stand alone as good movies. He made the premise of Batman so much more convincing to audience and came at it from a different perspective.

We had goofy already, we've had cartoonish goofy crap for years and years and years! Did anyone live through the Schumacer phase?

It's just ridiculous, people fling around the most irrelevant and petty crap at Nolan and it's really hard to listen to.

#40 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody can f*ck with Nolan's Batman trilogy.

#41 Posted by entropy_aegis (15338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart said:

@RazzaTazz: I think that is the common denominator. All this praise must be from people who read a lot of Batman comics and have other connections. As a casual reader of Batman, I'm just going in based on the movie alone (well, and the previous two).

• Bane's mask and voice were ridiculous, but he sure likes breaking people's necks!
  • nothing like marching cops into a tunnel like a school of fish after army of criminals
  • Alfred quits?
  • Batman needs a cane, gets broken, then achieves the near impossible (as if we were supposed to believe he wouldn't?)

I'm sure I could go on. The best part of the movie is Gary Oldman as Commissioner Gordon.

Bolded points are valid,but the rest really arent.@TheCowman said:

I only get frustrated when people act like the Nolan films are the be-all/end-all of comic book movies. They were great movies. I watched 'em all and they were a heckuva lotta fun.

I WAS disappointed about how rabidly they tried to stick to "realism". Yes, I know it's just another take on the character and I should separate it from the comics. It's just that with movies like Iron Man and Spiderman out and super-successful, I thought the days of having to compromise for our superhero films were over.

So when I heard we weren't getting Robin, Poison Ivy, Penguin, or any of the more out-there elements of the Bat-mythos, I was a little let down. Because the movies WERE that good. I just kept thinking of what the director, writers, and actors of those movies could do with that kind of material. But all we got was, "no, that stuff is too silly for OUR Batman".

Like I said, I love the Nolan Bat-movies. But that is why "Avengers" will always edge it out in my personal favorites list. Because in the comics Loki had a helmet with huge, stupid-looking horns on it; and when you go and see the movie, Loki's got the helmet with the huge, stupid-looking horns on it. And it works.

So yeah, my only problem with the Nolan movies is that I REALLY wanted movies of that caliber that embraced all of the Batman mythos.

I'm glad you got your Loki,me I'd rather they'd have dumped the horns and made Loki a villain worth mentioning instead of having him job to street level characters.

#42 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

I'm glad you got your Loki,me I'd rather they'd have dumped the horns and made Loki a villain worth mentioning instead of having him job to street level characters.

Pfft! It's Loki. He'd have been planning on a way to stab them in the back the minute they'd conquered Earth.

One nefarious scheme at a time, man.

Also; Thanos is "street level"??

#43 Posted by comicLad22 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, the only one that really stood out to me was "the dark middle chapter", I was unimpressed when I first watched Begins and Rises was okay but not really anything special and the ending was disappointing to say the least.

#44 Edited by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked all tree Nolan Batman movies, the biggest reason i liked them as much as i did was because Nolan succesfully created a Batman story that had a true beginning and a true ending, which is... yes, i think the only time ive really seen that, often Batman stories take place at a certain point in his life - beginning, middle, ending (rarely ending) - and it was very nice to see Batman have a happy ending, where often in the ''what if'' stories the writers want to make Batman a cranky old man (which is reasonable enough, considering his whole life), but it was nice to get a whole trilogy that had a defined beginning and a defined ending and it was nice seeing Bruce Wayne ending up happy and hooking up with Selina - every mans dream, right?

Now... to the point. For me... besides the above they are still very overrated. Just go to IMDB, where they are all on the top 100 of best movies ever created, im getting tired of listening to the constant ''OMFG Best movies eveeer!!'', they honestly have too many flaws to get all the juice theyre getting.

For some reason i didnt feel Nolan actually liked Batman... It seemed as he liked the Batman mythos, his supporting characters and not least his villians, in both TDK and TDKR it feels like Batman is the supporting character to his villians, Heath Ledger and Tom Hardy are far more memorable than Batman, not because they were better actors, but they were just better characters, at least in the movies. I dont know, but ive been thinking that its actually because of Nolan so dearly trying to make the movies super realistic that Batman, with the voice, the costume etc. became silly. I didnt like Bales Batman voice, in BB it didnt really bother me, i actually thought it sounded cool, but in the next two movies it just went silly, for everyone who have seen the tv-series ''Arrow'', in episode 4 or 5 i think, where Oliver needs to get the help of Laurel as Green Arrow he disguises his voice in what i saw as some kind of voice distorting device, and for the first time i thought, ''hey thats a much better idea than what Bale did as Batman in the Nolan movies''.

The action for me felt boring in all three movies, except the first Bane vs Batman fight, which EASILY could have been better, but for me was the best fight of all three movies, but as a Nolan fan myself and have seen most Nolan movies, i know... that Nolan, in fact cant direct an action scene, every superhero needs to have a weakness, right? Maybe its just me that was raised in the 90s, and have been spoon fed CGI over the top action scenes for the last 10 years, but as a guy who also hated the action in Transformers i was sure there could have been a middle between the two. Nolan should have taken notes from director Scott Snyder, the Wachowski's, Joss Whedon/Jon Favreau, James Cameron etc. And i KNOW Bale can fight (Equilibrium).

As a very big Batman fan, this complaint isnt really something thats wrong with the movies per se, its just something i personally miss, not only from this trilogy, but from all Batman movies every made, its that all directors seem to forget that Batman is the worlds best detective, which i didnt have a feeling of at all in the Nolan verse, i would love in the future to see them include these abilities of Batman, make him do some detective work, all i saw in the trilogy was him smashing skulls until the pieces began to get together.

It seemed strange to me that Nolan forgot so many plot points in especially TDKR, it doesnt seem as something Nolan would do, as he is a very competent director, but such things as Batmans knee problems suddenly vanishing is just lazy directing. I also had a problem with the pacing of the third movie... did ANYONE honestly feel months went past as Bruce was trapped in the prison? Looking only at the pacing it felt like days/weeks at most.

Of course i have a lot of good things to say as well about them, but as this thread is about why we think they are overrated, i dont want to get into details about all the good stuff, and dont worry, i think there where plenty good.

Batman Begins - 7/10

The Dark Knight - 7.5/10

The Dark Knight Rises - 7/10

#45 Posted by jloneblackheart (5521 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: And opinions aren't valid, how?

The movie was too long. At many points, it was dry and boring. There was probably at least 20 minutes that could be cut out of Joseph Gordon Levitt running around Gotham, who in the end, added nothing to the plot or story besides finding the cave at the end.

What was Bane's mask supposed to be, bones? It was not cool nor fearsome looking. And his voice sounded like one of the Skeksis from the Dark Crystal shouted through a cardboard tube, then add a question mark on the end even if it wasn't a question. Half the time, I had no idea what he was saying.

Talia had a long plan where she had to live a fake life and for what? She had to actually be a board member and would have eventually detonated the nuclear device, killing herself in the process, only to have the person she was swearing vengeance against far, far away in the underground prison, not knowing who she was or why she did it.

The idea of Commissioner Gordon getting his job based solely on lies takes a great deal away from the character. He didn't get anywhere on his own merits, only deceit. May as well just be another crooked cop.

The hand to hand combat scenes were awful. I don't know how you can deny it. At the end when he saved Levitt, all the bad guys stood around and waited their turn, trying to pull their guns up only the split second before it was their turn to fight Batman. Batman fighting Bane was a slugfest. There were virtually no martial arts between two of the greatest martial artists in the DC universe.

Just like Gordon being Commissioner on a lie, Alfred leaving Bruce is a way out of character act that removes the loyalty and steadfastness of Alfred. And a waste of Michael Caine.

The movie was for the most part, completely predictable. There was no suspense to it. I never believed anything bad was actually going to happen. Like Bruce escaping the pit. We all knew he was going to do it, but there should have been a suspenseful "Oh Yeah! That was awesome!" moment when he escaped, but there wasn't.

How is the realism not a valid point? There have been stretches in the trilogy, but all mostly believable. Then all the sudden we get a flying car that Batman uses to guide missiles into (possible occupied) buildings with, that can transform, is compact and can do barrel rolls? Bravo Sierra.

The only thing I would give as an "invalid" point is my opinion of Catwoman. She was unlikable, uncaring and uninteresting. There was no emotion in any of her dialogue. They may as well have picked Kourtney Kardashian to play her. At least she would have been sexy.

In conclusion, MY OPINION is that this movie was GARBAGE. Glad you liked it, a lot of people seemed to. I'm not one of them.

#46 Edited by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart:While I agree with a lot of of the things you said, I didn't really mind them that much except this:

How is the realism not a valid point? There have been stretches in the trilogy, but all mostly believable. Then all the sudden we get a flying car that Batman uses to guide missiles into (possible occupied) buildings with, that can transform, is compact and can do barrel rolls? Bravo Sierra.

The moment I saw that, while I did find them to be cool, took away much of the realism of the movies.

#47 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11019 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: @TheCowman: Loki wasnt as good in The Avengers that in Thor, also is the Seven Samurai movie, this show how great Seven Samurai is, even today it works, even if you take half of the movie out it works.

The whole they look like in the comic argument is weak and ridiculous, if the characterisation of the character isnt the same all the movies, if the character changes without a reason or there isnt any character develoment, the movie failed.

Avengers was a great Transformer type movie, but is still an Transformer type movie.

#48 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart said:

• Alfred quits?

I didn't hate the movies, but I did have these same feelings

#49 Posted by jloneblackheart (5521 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: I didn't hate the first two. Aside from the Batman voice, I really liked the first movie. I don't think the second one was as good, but it was still a good movie. I had more qualms with it though than the first. This third movie just made me angry I thought it was so bad.

#50 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart said:

@White Mage: I didn't hate the first two. Aside from the Batman voice, I really liked the first movie. I don't think the second one was as good, but it was still a good movie. I had more qualms with it though than the first. This third movie just made me angry I thought it was so bad.

One too many times, during the third movie, I found myself furiously thinking "I gotta pee". Superhero movies are supposed to make me want to hold it, so I feel that that's a legitimate complaint

I don't mind the mystery and detective setup...these things are necessary. But Batman being on a cane, and in that prison kinda pissed me off, because he was out of the picture for SOOOO long, and the fight scenes were non-existent for that entire time....It's like watching a Mystic River-esque movie, with a few punches and kicks here and there. However, I'm glad that I could at least SEE the fighting in this one. Batman Begins had fight scenes like Bourne Identity....twas ridiculous

JGL did NOT belong, and I find myself questioning how exactly he's going to develop the fighting skills necessary to become Batman, since that does actually take training...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.