Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Is anyone actually excited for Beware the Batman?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KnightRise

I realized that I have no interest in the upcoming Beware the Batman. Maybe its:

-DC Nation's hyped return.

-the lack of recent news on the series. I practically forgot about it.

-the CGI. I'm just not a fan. Also, the artist really stylized compared to Green Lantern: TAS. (My hopes were for a shared universe)

-the lack of "familar" villians. Obviously comic fans know Professor Pyg, though at least The Batman featured mainstream villians. Villians with radically altered designs and backstories, but still familar. I have nothing against using B-list characters instead of the same ones over and over again. I just don't think Prof Pyg and Mr Toad are as "strong" as Joker, Two-Face, or Freeze.

-an immediately recognizable supporting cast. I'm sure a Robin will come along. I'm sure a Batgirl will come along. Heck, maybe Dick will have laready been Nightwing and Jason returns as the Red Hood. But Katana? Yes, she's connected to Batman, but I'd rather see an Outsider with the Outsiders, and introduced later. I'm not digging the gun-toting Alfred, either.

I'm remaining optimistic, but I have literally no excitement toward the series' premiere right now. What about everyone else?

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By KnightRise

Dupe. Can I get a lock?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.