Interview: Scott Snyder Talks BATMAN: ZERO YEAR

• 61 results
#51 Posted by Onemoreposter (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Well. I think it's time to take an 11 month break from this book. I've really wanted to be excited as everyone else has been about Snyder's work but it's just not been in me. After 17 issues and two story arcs I've found (with some small exception) each issue more disappointing than the last.

I think taking a year off from Snyder will give me a little time to reset and a chance to come back to Snyder's writing with a more open mind and fresh perspective.

I look forward to reading Year Zero next January.

#52 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20157 posts) - - Show Bio

Interested in how Batman will be involved in this if it is YEAR ZERO. Scott never said anything about only Bruce being in the cowl.

#53 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

My hat is definitely off to Snyder for coming out and saying this isn't an attempt to rewrite Year One...which is originally what I thought the intention of this was going to be. Glad to see that won't be the case at all. Now I'm actually thinking of getting Batman ongoing for the next year just for this alone.

#54 Posted by nappystr8 (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

...wait, so this isn't the Riddler story arc? Does that just not exist anymore or did it get pushed back a year? All the hype that story has been getting, I would have expected Snyder or DC to address that in the promotional materials.

#55 Posted by G-Man (32557 posts) - - Show Bio

@nappystr8: He didn't say if this was or wasn't the Riddler arc. I asked that specifically. He's just being very vague. It might be. Or it might not be.

Staff
#56 Posted by Deadpool_Deathstroke (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I am most excited to see Bruce's first costume as redesigned by Capullo. That bat logo in the ads may just become my favorite. It is the same but different enough that it feels fresh.

#57 Posted by nappystr8 (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

@nappystr8: He didn't say if this was or wasn't the Riddler arc. I asked that specifically. He's just being very vague. It might be. Or it might not be.

That's true, I would assume with how open Snyder was before about using the Riddler, that if he was indeed the main villain of Zero Year, Snyder would not start being so coy about it now. But this is comics, and coy misdirection is kind of what the industry does. Who knows, maybe someone at DC asked him to be a little less vocal on that particular issue.

#58 Posted by derf_jenkins (395 posts) - - Show Bio

In Snyder I Trust.

#59 Posted by UnderDogs_OverBoard (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: YAY!!!

LIL G-GIRL GETTING A TRIBUTE! FROM SCOTT SCHNEIDER!

#60 Posted by papo (173 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the main issue is he will have more space in the past to do a better work than in the present I mean come on the present events on batman inc. kind of shifted the atention from his book to see how dc will solved the issue on batman inc. and pretty sure he also did'nt want any part on it let dc clean their on mess. (I have not read batman 18 yet) but I can Imagine he was not expecting the events on batman inc 8. anyways I will keep getting batman as long as he is writing plus he proved already that if he dosen't have a good story he will stop writing a book proff of that is his awesome run on swampthing and know he will let other team take on the book. plus Greg Capullo drawing batman every page is a master piece. so just bear with him suport this team and lets enjoy this new journey we will all fallow in batman 20

#61 Posted by RustyRoy (12018 posts) - - Show Bio

I was so excited to finally read a Riddler story but we hardly get what we want. I'm still excited for this but still a little disappointed.

#62 Posted by entropy_aegis (15247 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pleased to note that Snyder actually learns,this interview is far superior to his previous ones.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.