Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Interview: Scott Snyder Reveals the Secrets about BATMAN: ENDGAME

• 60 results
    MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

@jayc1324 said:

@entropy_aegis: who says it joker toxin that did that? Its obviously something new. Joker is totally necessary. Snyder is finishing up what he started in zero year and dotf. So yes he is necessary to finish Snyder's story with him. That's why its called endgame. Mad hatter is a crappy villain compared to joker. Jokers been gone for two years and he's Batman's best villain, and its his 75th anniversary. Now is the perfect time for his return.

Joker could have also just stolen Mad Hatter tech or got a sample of the spores etc that Poison Ivy uses to mind control people (which already worked on Superman in Hush).

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

CV: I was going to ask why is now the right time for Joker to come back?

SS: Well, it’s the 75th Anniversary. You can’t have the 75th Anniversary of Batman without Joker. On top of that, it’s Joker’s 75th Anniversary. You think he’d let that birthday go to Batman? It’s his birthday.

Best.
    Answer.
    Ever.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@jayc1324 said:

@entropy_aegis: who says it joker toxin that did that? Its obviously something new. Joker is totally necessary. Snyder is finishing up what he started in zero year and dotf. So yes he is necessary to finish Snyder's story with him. That's why its called endgame. Mad hatter is a crappy villain compared to joker. Jokers been gone for two years and he's Batman's best villain, and its his 75th anniversary. Now is the perfect time for his return.

Joker could have also just stolen Mad Hatter tech or got a sample of the spores etc that Poison Ivy uses to mind control people (which already worked on Superman in Hush).

Why even bother? if you're gonna use Mad Hatter tech then Hatter should be your villain,what's next? he steals Cold's gun or Luthors suit.

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@entropy_aegis: I´d be okay with that if the writer can explain how he got this items and as long as it results in a good story.

Wouldn´t even be the first time Joker used Mad Hatters tech to mind control People. It already happened in Batman Tas.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: I´d be okay with that if the writer can explain how he got this items and as long as it results in a good story.

Wouldn´t even be the first time Joker used Mad Hatters tech to mind control People. It already happened in Batman Tas.

I'd personally prefer characters not stealing other characters gimmicks,still I'm excited for Endgame.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By vandinejd_1991

@matchesmalone21: He also appeared in Lego Batman 2, Batman: Arkham Origins, and recently in the new animated movie Batman: Assault on Arkham. Not that I'm complaining about it though. I'll take as much Joker as I can get.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well I for one am really excited for this. This month is starting good for me with my favorite DC villain and my favorite Marvel villain, Red Skull, both getting a story arc. It's like they're giving me what I want for Christmas or my birthday even though both are months away.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I am not sure why everyone is haying on joker now. He has been gone for two years and people still yell about him being overused.

But anyway, issue 35 was awesome and I'm excited to see joker mess with Batman again. He went really far in DOTF, messing with his family. But now he's taking a step further and using the league against him! Does no one else appreciate how awesome that is? The joker, a mere batman villain, controlling the justice league and using them against batman. That's huge and its gonna be loads of fun. It almost reminds me of that JL episode when he planted the bombs around the city and made the JL go find and disarm them. Just goes to show why joker is so awesome.

This!

clayscarface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how now they're suddenly deciding that 4 issues in is too early for a tie-in. Court of the Owls...Death of the Family...Zero Year...the book has been nothing but forced tie-ins so far. Glad to see they're finally moving away from that, though.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@captain13: Tim Drake is being teased as the future Bamtan Beyond.

What?!?!? What about Terry? He'll always be the Batman Beyond for me.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I wonder why I am not excited.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@jayc1324 said:

I am not sure why everyone is haying on joker now. He has been gone for two years and people still yell about him being overused.

But anyway, issue 35 was awesome and I'm excited to see joker mess with Batman again. He went really far in DOTF, messing with his family. But now he's taking a step further and using the league against him! Does no one else appreciate how awesome that is? The joker, a mere batman villain, controlling the justice league and using them against batman. That's huge and its gonna be loads of fun. It almost reminds me of that JL episode when he planted the bombs around the city and made the JL go find and disarm them. Just goes to show why joker is so awesome.

This!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
    deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still mad about Zero Year. We all know Year One is the true canon.

But I'm excited for Endgame, I just hope there isn't any it was all a dream, or anything like that.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The thing that meets the eye most in their interview, was Capullo's excitement, it's great to see that he's trully excited, and that makes me belive, that there's really crazy stuff coming at us :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.