Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Interview: Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo Talk the End of Batman and Joker's Epic Battle

• 56 results
    Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

This issue.... fantastic <3

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 the_stegman  Moderator

The issue was amazing, the ending was phenomenal and the arc was outstanding! Thank you Scott Snyder, you're the hero Gotham deserves.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I got a bit lost in issues 39/40 but overall, Snyder and Capello's Batman is a real treat to read. Its somehow on another plane to most of the stuff out there at the moment. I think Batman fans who slag off Snyder's run are entitled to their opinion but in my opinion don't know how lucky they are. If you look at some of the rubbish that has been published for other popular characters, Batman fans have had a run of really great comic books to choose from right through the New 52.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@the_stegman: Out of curiousity, how do you feel about the next 10 issues for Batman and its direction?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 the_stegman  Moderator

@_mongul: If it were any other writer...I'd be nervous, but I trust Snyder.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sounded to me like Snyder has the right attitude about this, it's a temporary thing and it'll go back to normal soon so enjoy the 'vacation' and relax. Unlike marvel who call us misogynistic and racist when we complain about changes to our heros.

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Typically I think Snyder is great at building up a narrative and creating true page-turner plots. However, the endings to his arcs usually fall a bit flat in comparison for me. It seems like all of the build-up doesn't fully pay off. I felt the same with Endgame, although I did enjoy the finale more so than for his other stories so far.

I am definitely not a fan of the new Bat-look, since I'm not a fan of robots in general. I prefer my superheroes to have a human face. But I will stick with the book for now and we shall see how it plays out.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.