Imagine Batman with a superpower

#1 Posted by Gammbitt (133 posts) - - Show Bio

If they were to give Batman a superpower what would it be, im just a little curious i would give him teleportation
#2 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

TK

#3 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8900 posts) - - Show Bio

Telepathy, lol!

#4 Posted by Mainline (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently the writers didn't feel the need to stop at just one.  As the Insider Suit had Batgirl comparing him to Amazo. 

As far as the readers are concerned, even a completely subtle and passive "non-power" like probability manipulation, enhanced intelligence, etc. would make Batman much less interesting.

#5 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

He already has a super power, it's called Prep, :-P

#6 Posted by Jake Fury (18944 posts) - - Show Bio

Bat-Madrox! 

#7 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

Spuerspeeed!

#8 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkness manipulation probably.

#10 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Metatron_Da_Don said:
" "
Yep
#11 Posted by Gammbitt (133 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know if any of you read manga but in Rosario vampire there is this power(jugen hou) that allows the user to delay theyre existance. it gives them intangability, and a some-what teleport.
#12 Posted by batman_is_god (1185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Affliction:
NICE! 

In all seriousness, probabl teleporting. Sometimes it seems he already has it, as long as no one is looking. Like Michael Myers. You never see Myers run, but you drive miles away from him and turn a corner then BANG there he is.
#13 Posted by sambow (27 posts) - - Show Bio

he dont need one
#14 Posted by DiscoNightwing (69 posts) - - Show Bio

He actually has all the powers mention however they are powered by hugs...and well...thats why he doesn't use the.

#15 Posted by Noelieboats (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok well most will agree that half of batmans appeal is that he doesn't have a super power. But if I HAD to give him one for some very strange reason it would be Intuitive engineering akin to Forge of the marvel universe. This would just trick him out with a cooler cat plane etc and all in all it would just give his standard genius a helping hand.

#16 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

@Affliction said:

"Being Batman is a superpower. "

The Goddamn Batman

#17 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

The ability to grow his eyelashes at will.

#18 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11468 posts) - - Show Bio

He have a super power tha best of all, he is THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!

#19 Posted by WraithWitch (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has no need for superpowers, he is epic enough as he is. The world would probably implode, if he got any cooler! <3

#20 Posted by ngroove (321 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gammbitt:
No thanks.  Don't need the excitements of old-fashioned fisticuffs cheapened by some "super power".
#21 Posted by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gammbitt said:
"I dont know if any of you read manga but in Rosario vampire there is this power(jugen hou) that allows the user to delay theyre existance. it gives them intangability, and a some-what teleport. "

Niceness.....
#22 Posted by 8PackMan (30 posts) - - Show Bio

I would make him unable to be attacked by viruses, bacteria or poisons. So basically up his immune system to invulnerable.   

#23 Posted by abethebabe (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Giving Batman a superpower violates the very being of Batman. He is not supposed to have powers. I can't imagine him with any. If I must address the question, however, I would say flight, because he is a bat. However, he manages to fly pretty well without it.

#24 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman/Bruce has a power. The power of money to buy and make all those gadgets.

#25 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is just too epic for superpowers, but if he got one, I can see him with an ability to create mirages, or transforming himself into a swarm of bats to get around.

#26 Posted by MadOmegaMan (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can already own any comicbook character ever! This man lost his parents when he was 10, had his back broken over Bane's knee, friggin DIED and did it all in spandex. NO POWERS NECESSARY.
#27 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross said:
" Darkness manipulation probably. "
umbrakinesis would be a cool ability for him, though he seems to manipulate the dark around him just find without an actual super power y'know?
#28 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5459 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce never needs powers. Powers need Bruce.

#29 Posted by kitsuneconundrum (208 posts) - - Show Bio

give him 2 pokeballs. One with Chuck Norris and one with Bruce Lee.

#30 Posted by Linked One (26 posts) - - Show Bio

He might be getting powers if the latest Brightest Day is any indication, the ending has Deadman and Dove looking for the bearer/guardian of the white ring and then the bat signal appears in the sky and then he states that the ring was waiting for Batman all this time.

#31 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

#32 Posted by Linked One (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn it! I take it back. New Brightest Day screws this idea.

#33 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing...he wouldnt be Batman. 

#34 Posted by rocketpig (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously, the only superpower that would fit Batman is Ass-Kickery.

#35 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that being rich is a superpower. I mean, look at Tony Stark.

#36 Posted by SteveRodgers (728 posts) - - Show Bio

if he could fly (not glide, but fly) he would swoop down and destroy injustice.

#37 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

yes but Batman having powers makes Batman not Batman
#38 Posted by WraithWitch (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Really Dude?? I mean isn't the point of batman that he doesn't have powers and he's still AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#39 Posted by that_is_madness (6 posts) - - Show Bio

who needs a superpower when you can do THIS?!
#40 Posted by theGeekBeak (3 posts) - - Show Bio

The ability to control black holes would be cool. Maybe even dark matter/dark energy manipulation .

#41 Posted by high_savage (82 posts) - - Show Bio

that would be shifting to a black smoke..

#42 Edited by Blackestnight (640 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't they give him a white ring? As if he didn't already have the best technology now he gets it from space. If I could give him a super power it would be healing factor. Not as strong as Wolverines but enough. He'd really freak out his enemies then.

#43 Posted by joshmightbe (24950 posts) - - Show Bio

the only power he really needs is the ability to negate super powers, seriously how terrified would your average super powered thug be if his powers suddenly disappeared and then batman shows up to kick his ass

#44 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#45 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

well since hes been a lantern at least twice now thats out. Give him some chi realated powers make him iron first batman for extreme brutal fighting skills.

#46 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11267 posts) - - Show Bio

Flight.

#47 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11267 posts) - - Show Bio

In that clip, I think if he hit the floor, Earth would have said "ow". Because he's Batman!

#48 Posted by The_Elemetal (148 posts) - - Show Bio

he already beat supermans ass wen he was an old guy could you imagine if he had a superpower, he would be the extreme overlord fuckin beatin the shit out of everybody

#49 Posted by LadyValkyrie (5 posts) - - Show Bio

he would still fail as a superhero.

#50 Posted by PowerHerc (85105 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  
Batman with superpowers sucks.  His appeal lies in the fact that he's a man who's trained and studied to achieve what he has and that, conceivably, we could as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.