Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

I'm thinking of getting one of these Batman.

Xcalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xcalibur

But they seem rather pricey to collect.

neale7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By neale7

I wouldn't get the Dark Knight Returns set if i had the option. The chest emblem is wrong on batman, and so is the colour scheme. If you want the Dark Knight Returns set, you'll be better getting the orginal single set figures off ebay if you can.

Xcalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Xcalibur

Good Point!

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FatihBATMAN

nice :>

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I despise action figures......

It's just pointless to buy em...

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@stronger said:

Sort of

Xcalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger said:

And comic books are not?

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xcalibur said:

@stronger said:

And comic books are not?

Of course they are not........

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger said:

As a comic fan, nothing you enjoy can ever be "pointless". Be subjective, mate.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stronger

@stronger said:

My point is,what 's their use??

I would only buy an action figure to sell it for a lot higher price.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KnightRise

@stronger said:

@knightrise said:

@stronger said:

My point is, what 's their use??

Uh...to look at, to collect, to simply have, or in some cases to play with? Come on, you don't have any pictures, any decorations, and aesthetic items anywhere? Not a single commemorative item in your house? Its the same thing.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger said:

@knightrise said:

@stronger said:

Uh...to look at, to collect, to simply have, or in some cases to play with? Come on, you don't have any pictures, any decorations, and aesthetic items anywhere? Not a single commemorative item in your house? Its the same thing.

I am ok with just looking,collecting or simply just have them......But come on....Play with them?Seriously???That's not a mature thing to do......I only played with them when I was 5-9 years old.

And now that you mentioned it,I think I need to check out my library.I might have some of them.......

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger said:

@knightrise said:

@stronger said:

@knightrise said:

@stronger said:

I am ok with just looking,collecting or simply just have them......But come on....Play with them?Seriously???That's not a mature thing to do......I only played with them when I was 5-9 years old.

And now that you mentioned it,I think I need to check out my library.I might have some of them.......

If I had awesome articulated figures, I'd happily play with them. 20 years old and proud. Theres nothing wrong with being creative and acting out storylines with action figures. "That's not a mature thing to do" You sound like the people that think superheros are for children.

AkaBoAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with the TDKR pack, it looks cool and updated.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightrise: Superheroes are not for children.

Playing with toys is for childen.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger said:

The hypocracy is strong in this one.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger said:

The hypocracy is strong in this one.

Comics,despite the general idea of people who have not really spent any time reading them,are completely mature.

There are meanings,ideas etc that cannot be detected and understood even by grown people.I can suggest a large number of mature comics.

Action figures,as you said have their use.On the other hand,you cannot say that someone who plays with action figures is mature,unless he does it to entertain his children or something.

What is the maturity of that?

I 'd really like you to explain it.......

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@stronger said:

Oh please... i'm 27 and I still love playing with toys with kids in my neighbourhood. May make me childish in your eyes but frankly.... who gives a damn? As long as you enjoy what you do. And if you're really so worried that other people might think of you as childish. Then perhaps you still have some growing up to do and are not as mature as you like to think you are ;)

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger said:

Oh please... i'm 27 and I still love playing with toys with kids in my neighbourhood. May make me childish in your eyes but frankly.... who gives a damn? As long as you enjoy what you do. And if you're really so worried that other people might think of you as childish. Then perhaps you still have some growing up to do and are not as mature as you like to think you are ;)

It's an entirely different thing to play with toys when you are with your child you know........

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@stronger said:

@aiden_cross said:

@stronger said:

It's an entirely different thing to play with toys when you are with your child you know........

Hey, i still make paper planes and put little stick figures of paper on top of them and throw them out the window. I still have Muppets hand puppets ;p

I think everyone should be more in contact with their inner child, it makes the world a hell of a lot more fun. I have way more respect for someone who's having fun in his life doing what others might consider 'immature', than to see people being mature and derogate others for doing what they think is fun. It's pretty easy to spot who's the mature one in that scenario ;)

UncleEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By UncleEmu

@stronger

If playing with toys makes you happy, and doesn't detract from any of your responsibilities, I don't see how it is immature.

However, bashing someone on the internet for doing something that you don't like does seem immature.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By w0nd

@stronger said:

@aiden_cross said:

@stronger said:

From an animator/3d artist/ sculpting stand point I admire the minor details in the figures. I enjoy the designs, the assembly and the painting when completed they look pretty cool. I like seeing prototype figures and customized figures because it is people taking something made and adding their own artistic touch to them.

There are always people online naming people on comic boy message boards or Video game boards, who are articulate and brilliant, you can tell they are smart individuals, but it's like their mindset has evolved so much they can't even grasp why someone would enjoy certain things, then they indirectly insult people for it.

It's like explaining what faith is to a robot.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@stronger said:

@aiden_cross said:

@stronger said:

From an animator/3d artist/ sculpting stand point I admire the minor details in the figures. I enjoy the designs, the assembly and the painting when completed they look pretty cool. I like seeing prototype figures and customized figures because it is people taking something made and adding their own artistic touch to them.

There are always people online naming people on comic boy message boards or Video game boards, who are articulate and brilliant, you can tell they are smart individuals, but it's like their mindset has evolved so much they can't even grasp why someone would enjoy certain things, then they indirectly insult people for it.

I have a friend who likes to paint action figures and it is also his favourite hobby and has spent a lot of money on them.Anyway even he doesn't play with them.....

Xcalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Xcalibur

@stronger:

@stronger said:

@w0nd said:

@stronger said:

@aiden_cross said:

@stronger said:

I have a friend who likes to paint action figures and it is also his favourite hobby and has spent a lot of money on them.Anyway even he doesn't play with them.....

Sounds like your friend is into Warhammer. Also the whole thing about children playing with toys...come on man! ItsJustSomeRandomGuy on youtube uses action figures for his videos and even Jon Favreau is a fan of him. You are entitled to your opinion but if you still think action figures are for kids...you got some growing up to do yourself.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

I prefer the busts and statues

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger said:

@w0nd said:

@stronger said:

@aiden_cross said:

@stronger said:

The playing with them I don't know about but you asked

"My point is,what 's their use??

I would only buy an action figure to sell it for a lot higher price."

I was just listing a use for them other than playing.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@xcalibur: I love ItsJustSomeRandomGuy. That guy is hilarious.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.