Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

If you enjoyed the Bat-Family more in Pre-New-52

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
    deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@bat_girl_cc: I'm hoping that Convergence makes more of Post-Crisis canon, personally. I can't wait till we get more info.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: I'm hoping that Convergence makes more of Post-Crisis canon, personally. I can't wait till we get more info.

Same here :)

Look at the image, Black-Bat (Cass) is in there handling the business, like the badass that she is...Catman, Red Robin and Batgirl, are her sidekick's. :)

Though in the preview, it made it seem like Catman was the villain of this issue, i have no idea, of what the plot for this issue, will be.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@bat_girl_cc said:

@thebourneposter said:

Same here :)

Look at the image, Black-Bat (Cass) is in there handling the business, like the badass that she is...Catman, Red Robin and Batgirl, are her sidekick's. :)

Though in the preview, it made it seem like Catman was the villain of this issue, i have no idea, of what the plot for this issue, will be.

That would be awful, people who have never read pre-52 would have no idea who these characters are.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Forget them.

They wouldn't be too lost, and it wouldn't be too hard to catch up on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: Yes it would, you'd have to go back through an entire continuity. I know I know "The Batman books retain most of their continuity" but they still explain things to new readers and introduce characters properly. Instead of plucking her from the old continuity, why not just wait for her to be reintroduced? As we've seen, it's only a matter of time before characters are reintroduced. Heck we just got the Doom Patrol (and their still awesome).

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: Yes it would, you'd have to go back through an entire continuity. I know I know "The Batman books retain most of their continuity" but they still explain things to new readers and introduce characters properly. Instead of plucking her from the old continuity, why not just wait for her to be reintroduced? As we've seen, it's only a matter of time before characters are reintroduced. Heck we just got the Doom Patrol (and their still awesome).

Here's the thing...New 52 RUINS characters...look at what its done to Barbara Gordon...Tim Drake...Stephanie Brown...etc etc...their back-stories ruined forever.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: Barbara's been good, yeah she can walk but there's no reason she can't go back, and I like that she's Batgirl again, especially with this new and very fun run that just started up. Also Tim hasn't been ruined, he just needs his own series again. Stepheny Brown just came back, so it is way to early to say "She's been ruined!"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: @captainmarvel4ever: Cass is pretty much the most interesting member of the bat-family other than Batman, and like others said, basically every bat-family character other than Batman got messed up in some way.

The reboot was stupid anyways, people are just more inclined to pick up a comic that says 1 than one that says 600, even though they are just as easy to get into.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: If that's the case I would have met more of her fans then just you two, or I would have heard more about her by now (ok that was a little harsh, but that is a very bold claim).

No they are not, if DC never rebooted I would not be reading comics today. Also if Marvel did reboot, I'd be buying more then just one or two Marvel comics every few months.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hell yeah I enjoyed them more Pre-52! I can't wait for this issue! Even though the art is meh..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: She has by far the most unique background, having been brought up only being able to read body language, and suffering both the struggles and benefits of that. I'm sure bat_girl_cc can tell you more, since I've only read around 15 issues of her run, I can't remember which one.

I'm not some jerk elitist, but it would have been just as easy to jump in at issue 600-something, it just looks more intimidating

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter said:

@captainmarvel4ever: She has by far the most unique background, having been brought up only being able to read body language, and suffering both the struggles and benefits of that. I'm sure bat_girl_cc can tell you more, since I've only read around 15 issues of her run, I can't remember which one.

I'm not some jerk elitist, but it would have been just as easy to jump in at issue 600-something, it just looks more intimidating

Exactly how does the New 52 destroy that? if she does come back (and we all know she probably will) chances are that's going to remain the same.

No, no it wouldn't. I tried getting into comics before the New 52 more then once, and the fact that the continuity was so thick always pushed me away. Whenever I talk to people and try to get them into comics, the first thing they say is "I don't feel like reading 50 years of history" the fact is without a clean slate getting into comics is not easy. To this day I'm still trying to figure out Marvel's crazy continuity. It's gotten a little easier, but not as easy as it would be with a reboot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: You said it would be bad to bring back some Post Crisis continuity, I disagreed....

How exactly did that push you away? You didn't need to know those previous stories. Again, I understand it would be intimidating, but you could have just as easily dove in, not knowing some continuity wouldn't have hurt you, and it wouldn't have made the stories less enjoyable.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter said:

@captainmarvel4ever: You said it would be bad to bring back some Post Crisis continuity, I disagreed....

How exactly did that push you away? You didn't need to know those previous stories. Again, I understand it would be intimidating, but you could have just as easily dove in, not knowing some continuity wouldn't have hurt you, and it wouldn't have made the stories less enjoyable.

You never gave a good, solid, well explained, logical reason.

Are you even reading what your typing? your actually telling my past self he was wrong for not being able to get into comics. I'm saying when I was younger I tried several times to try and get into comics and couldn't. When Injustice was announced and they showed some footage, my interest was peaked, so I tried again, and this time there was a blank slate, so it finally worked, and here I am today. You can't say it would have worked before, because guess what? It Didn't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Basically, because it would be just as easy to read, and would bring back a lot of the stories and characters people love.

No, I'm not. Everyone's different of course. I was able to jump into comics in the middle of Post-Crisis, and I was fine. I didn't get too hung up on continuity, I was still able to understand all the characters, and most importantly, the stories were just as enjoyable. If the New 52 attracted more comics fans that's great, but it still sucks that they wiped away a lot of great stories in the process.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter said:

@captainmarvel4ever: Basically, because it would be just as easy to read, and would bring back a lot of the stories and characters people love.

No, I'm not. Everyone's different of course. I was able to jump into comics in the middle of Post-Crisis, and I was fine. I didn't get too hung up on continuity, I was still able to understand all the characters, and most importantly, the stories were just as enjoyable. If the New 52 attracted more comics fans that's great, but it still sucks that they wiped away a lot of great stories in the process.

No, no it wouldn't, a better solution is to just wait, because this preview clearly shows, DC didn't forget her, and is aware she has fans, meaning in due time she will come back.

Not really, those comics still exist, are they in continuity? probably not, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy them. Keep in mind at the end of the day comics are stories to be read and enjoyed, even if those old ones aren't part of continuity, they can still be enjoyable. Flashpoint was it's own continuity, and that's still a really good and enjoyable story. As long as a character still has the core essence of who they are in the New 52, the old stories not existing don't matter, because you or anyone else who may pick them up can still enjoy them as a story involving that character or group of characters. Plus with a clean slate it opens up the door for a whole new set of experiences with those characters, and invites a whole new generation of readers to enjoy those stories. So like I said, the best thing to do is wait for her to come back in the New 52. If people really like her, then chances are they will go back and check out her Post Crisis stories as well.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: If that's the case I would have met more of her fans then just you two, or I would have heard more about her by now (ok that was a little harsh, but that is a very bold claim).

No they are not, if DC never rebooted I would not be reading comics today. Also if Marvel did reboot, I'd be buying more then just one or two Marvel comics every few months.

Lmao! Dude, do you live under a rock?

Cass is a fan-favourite! not only in the Bat-family, but in all DC! her fans are all over the place, internet, comic-cons, etc, since the New 52 started, there as not been one single comic-con, without a Cassandra Cain fan, asking DC about her return...she has plenty of fans here on the Vine, actually, do you want to me to make a list?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not interested in Stephanie Brown 2 shot but I'll definitely buy Batman and Robin.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Cass is a fan-favourite! not only in the Bat-family, but in all DC! her fans are all over the place, internet, comic-cons, etc, since the New 52 started, there as not been one single comic-con, without a Cassandra Cain fan, asking DC about her return...she has plenty of fans here on the Vine, actually, do you want to me to make a list?

No in fact I'm one of the most active people in the online comic community, people tell me all the time they see me everywhere.

Like I said I'm not trying to insult her in any way, that was just a comeback to a statement (I refer you to my remark in the parentheses). Also like I said in my other comics, if you just wait chances are she will be back.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc said:

No in fact I'm one of the most active people in the online comic community, people tell me all the time they see me everywhere.

Like I said I'm not trying to insult her in any way, that was just a comeback to a statement (I refer you to my remark in the parentheses). Also like I said in my other comics, if you just wait chances are she will be back.

I don't want to sound rude, or anything like that...but...HOW do you have never heard about her?...since the New 52 started, and because Cass has been missing for so long, literally every site, related to comics, that i've encountered so far, has mentioned her alot...

- Gothamspoilers...theouthousers...newsarama...are the ones who did the most, but you also have: bleedingcool...killermovies...news-Batman...bat-watch...naruto-foruns...4chan...etc...actually, comicvine, is one of the sites that mention her less times...even so, she has plenty of fans here.

I get what you're saying, and you might be right, but its just that i don't trust DC...i've seen many characters getting ruined since the New 52 started.

@bat_girl_cc: Barbara's been good, yeah she can walk but there's no reason she can't go back, and I like that she's Batgirl again, especially with this new and very fun run that just started up. Also Tim hasn't been ruined, he just needs his own series again. Stepheny Brown just came back, so it is way to early to say "She's been ruined!"

The point is, her entire Oracle history! the single biggest moment of character development on her entire history got banalized...and most of her rich history, erazed...

Tim's entire Robin history has been erazed...i mean, Red Robin, was a just a excuse, so the character didn't had to endure "the limbo section"...he was created to be the Robin! and now, nothing of that matters anymore, apparently...

Stephanie Brown, is completely out-of-character!...if DC hadn't said that she is Steph, i would've fought that she was someone else, with a similar back-story.

And those are just 3 exemples.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc said:

@bat_girl_cc said:

I don't want to sound rude, or anything like that...but...HOW do you have never heard about her?...since the New 52 started, and because Cass has been missing for so long, literally every site, related to comics, that i've encountered so far, has mentioned her alot...

- Gothamspoilers...theouthousers...newsarama...are the ones who did the most, but you also have: bleedingcool...killermovies...news-Batman...bat-watch...naruto-foruns...4chan...etc...actually, comicvine, is one of the sites that mention her less times...even so, she has plenty of fans here.

I get what you're saying, and you might be right, but its just that i don't trust DC...i've seen many characters getting ruined since the New 52 started.

The point is, her entire Oracle history! the single biggest moment of character development on her entire history got banalized...and most of her rich history, erazed...

Tim's entire Robin history has been erazed...i mean, Red Robin, was a just a excuse, so the character didn't had to endure "the limbo section"...he was created to be the Robin! and now, nothing of that matters anymore, apparently...

Stephanie Brown, is completely out-of-character!...if DC hadn't said that she is Steph, i would've fought that she was someone else, with a similar back-story.

I've heard of her, but other then her name I don't really know much about her, and until now I haven't run into any of her other fans. I'm also not the biggest Batfamily fan, so I've never given that group of characters the same amount of research I do other DC characters. Tell ya what though, later today I will check out her history video from It'sSuperEffective (great channel, you should check it out).

Oh C'mon now, it's clear DC hasn't forgotten her (as we can see by this preview) and she will be back, so be positive.

No it hasn't, her being Oracle is still in continuity.

No it wasn't, read his New 52 Secret Origins issue.

She just showed up, your judging her waaaay too soon.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still, Pre-New-52 > New 52.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc said:

@bat_girl_cc said:

I've heard of her, but other then her name I don't really know much about her, and until now I haven't run into any of her other fans. I'm also not the biggest Batfamily fan, so I've never given that group of characters the same amount of research I do other DC characters. Tell ya what though, later today I will check out her history video from It'sSuperEffective (great channel, you should check it out).

Oh C'mon now, it's clear DC hasn't forgotten her (as we can see by this preview) and she will be back, so be positive.

No it hasn't, her being Oracle is still in continuity.

No it wasn't, read his New 52 Secret Origins issue.

She just showed up, your judging her waaaay too soon.

It's easy for you to say "be positive"...you didn't had your favourite characters washed away...and replaced by some lame rip-off's.

Also, like i said before, there's no way that all of it could have happened in 5 years...the main stuff maybe, but even that, would mean that most of the stories are non-canon now...and a character without the things that makes him unique...it's just a name.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

@bat_girl_cc: Why do you like Cass so much?

Because...well, it's hard to explain...basicaly, everything about her its great...her birth...her unique childhood...her special abillities...her insane Hand-to-Hand prowess...her will-power...her overall badassness...i mean, it's hard to pick just one...

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: You're wasting your time, my good man. Pre-52 Fans care have little consideration for New 52 hop-ons. I understand it partially, but I think a lot of people take the Reboot way too seriously.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.