Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23649 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

If The Joker were sentenced to death would Batman save him?

• 60 results
    RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@dark_vengeance_: Sorry I forgot to check your account lol but seriously there's already guys here that actually believe what you wrote, see post #26 and that guy also seems to be a Batman fan. How was I supposed to know that you were joking, its not easy to understand sarcasm in internet. Anyways sorry.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rustyroy:

How the hell do you know the number of the post? Did you count it or is my template missing something?

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rustyroy:

Also, don't worry about it. It happens to the best of us.

Avatar image for zombiekillingtigress
    zombiekillingtigress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not but as Bruce Wayne he might stand against making the death penalty a permanent thing in Gotham this would be a one off

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

We all know Batman doesn't like killing, and the times he has killed are very few. What if Joker was finally sentenced to death, and Batman wasn't going to be the one to kill him? Would Batman let this happen, or would he let The Joker die for the crimes he's committed?

If the law finally kills off Joker then Batman will be there to witness it and probably will fell empty inside since Joker is gone and that there's not many villains that can go against Batman in that sorta level. Still, I think this would happen but still be hilarious for everyone.

Loading Video...

There was also this story I heard about called "Joker: The Devil's Advocate" where the GCPD and everyone found evidence on Joker for committing some serious crime and decides to kill him for good, but Batman felt that the Joker was falsely accused and must prove Jokers' innocence and get the actual killer. I haven't read the story yet and it's kind of a pain just to do all that even for Batman lol, but to me that tell's me that if your going to finally end the Joker for good you'd better be sure that he committed those crimes and justice be served for all, not out of spite or just use him as a decoy for someone's one agenda because things like that always backfires without doing a thorough job. Especially when Batman's involved.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and say yes. Joker to Batman is what he wants to save. Joker was a regular Joe until a series of fucked up events turned him crazy. Batman though comes so close to killing him he has this strange hope in him that if he could cure Joker's insanity than he can save the common man and in doing so save himself.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By EdBlank

Such a tasty question. Prolly not, but I for one imagine a story where Batman is finally exposed as the true terror in Gotham. A mysterious figure fights through the jail and fights his way out with Joker in tow only to reveal at the last minute that it's Bats in disguise. Then you can drill down and find out that Bruce is the sole force behind the revolving door at Arkham. Catching the crooks in one costume then secretly releasing them in another just to do the dance all over again. Why? Cause Batman actually worked. He cleaned up Gotham within a couple of years then he became bored so he started letting them go again. This would make Batman a terrible person, but it would explain SO MUCH.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RustyRoy

@rustyroy:

How the hell do you know the number of the post? Did you count it or is my template missing something?

Its right between the av and username.

Avatar image for spidermonkey1209
    spidermonkey1209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
    deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No the goddamn batman wouldn't save him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.