If the Batman-factor didn't exist...

• 64 results
#1 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

You stole my slogan.

#2 Posted by Kraven (517 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Batman-factor didn't exist...

finish the sentence.

I think Clayface would have killed him long ago. He's too powerful not to have beaten Batman.

#3 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler's gonna beat your @$$ with the Batman factor.

#4 Posted by Karmadecoy (48 posts) - - Show Bio

clayface is a choad if anyone would have beaten the batman it would have been bane or the joker

#5 Posted by Kraven (517 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"You stole my slogan. "

Relax man. I've seen it tossed around so I posted it cause I figured it was something people would understand the meaning of.

Take it as a compliment. I thought you would want to get in on this.

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18710 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"You stole my slogan. "

Yours was "Batman Affect". Should have gotten it trademarked or copyrighted in any case.

And can I get a clear definition of what the Affect is?

#7 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"King of Kings says:
"You stole my slogan. "

Yours was "Batman Affect". Should have gotten it trademarked or copyrighted in any case.

And can I get a clear definition of what the Affect is? "

I thought it was the Factor?

#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"King of Kings says:
"You stole my slogan. "

typically causing the opponent to defaecate themselves with overwhelming fear...

failing that, they fall over laughing at his campness...

The Affect varies from universe to universe

M

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18710 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Buckshot says:
"King of Kings says:
"You stole my slogan. "

I thought it was the Factor?"

When you said it first it was Affect. Then there was some talk about a Cajun Conundrum.

#10 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"King of Kings says:
"Buckshot says:
"King of Kings says:
"You stole my slogan. "

When you said it first it was Affect. Then there was some talk about a Cajun Conundrum.

"

Bullshit. Leave Gambit outta this Buck.

#11 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. I do believe that Gambit was the main topic of discussion when you first mentioned the Batman Affect.

#12 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Buckshot says:
"King of Kings says:
"Buckshot says:
"King of Kings says:
"You stole my slogan. "
Yours was "Batman Affect". Should have gotten it trademarked or copyrighted in any case. And can I get a clear definition of what the Affect is? "
When you said it first it was Affect. Then there was some talk about a Cajun Conundrum. "
Bullshit. Leave Gambit outta this Buck."

wow wats wiht that burst of anger there?

#13 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't it start when I made "Captain America and Winter Soldier vs Batman and Robin"?

#14 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

No anger. He knows I'm playin.

#15 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"No anger. He knows I'm playin."

cool

#16 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Didn't it start when I made "Captain America and Winter Soldier vs Batman and Robin"?"

Was that the exact origin? I saw it mentioned in that thread and in one with Gambit against someone else. I like the Affect and actually agree with G's premise.

#17 Posted by Sling Shot (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure I defined the "Factor" or "Effect" even if I didn't coin it as "the insert term here" So slogan or no it essence belongs to meeee. HAhahahahhhah!

#18 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

No I think it was Nightwing or Batman vs Gambit.

#19 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"I'm pretty sure I defined the "Factor" or "Effect" even if I didn't coin it as "the *insert term here*" So slogan or no it essence belongs to meeee. HAhahahahhhah!"

cough Bullshit cough

#20 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Didn't it start when I made "Captain America and Winter Soldier vs Batman and Robin"?"
Was that the exact origin? I saw it mentioned in that thread and in one with Gambit against someone else. I like the Affect and actually agree with G's premise."

I remember hearing about it the next morning after I made that battle. Gambler and I were discussing and it came up because Batman dodges bullets on a daily basis and curtosy of the effect peak humans can do things they can't so Captain America can knock out the hulk with a punch and catch torpedoes but nobody can lose against Batman.

#21 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Forever says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
Was that the exact origin? I saw it mentioned in that thread and in one with Gambit against someone else. I like the Affect and actually agree with G's premise."

I remember hearing about it the next morning after I made that battle. Gambler and I were discussing and it came up because Batman dodges bullets on a daily basis and curtosy of the effect peak humans can do things they can't so Captain America can knock out the hulk with a punch and catch torpedoes but nobody can lose against Batman."

Yes I remember reading what was said in the threads, but I just dont remember which thread was the original. Not that it really matters.

#22 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"King of Kings says:
"Sling Shot says:
"I'm pretty sure I defined the "Factor" or "Effect" even if I didn't coin it as "the *insert term here*" So slogan or no it essence belongs to meeee. HAhahahahhhah!"
*cough* Bullshit *cough*"

Wow such harsh language. But ay, do some research before you call anything cuzzo,or so where I brought up how Batman and Cap and other supposedy baseline characters do things outside of their described abilities. And things picked up from there to become the Batman factor/ prep time/ whatever else.

Guyguy."

Thats like saying because you made the first hamburger, that you came up wit the Big Mac. That %$#@ dont fly round here homeboy :P

#23 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"Wow such harsh language. But ay, do some research before you call anything cuzzo,or so where I brought up how Batman and Cap and other supposedy baseline characters do things outside of their described abilities. And things picked up from there to become the Batman factor/ prep time/ whatever else.Guyguy."

Werent you using that to state that they really weren't baseline characters and that at some point we would all be informed that they were actually meta or superpowered at some point?

#24 Posted by Sling Shot (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Sling Shot says:
*cough* Bullshit *cough*"
Wow such harsh language. But ay, do some research before you call anything cuzzo,in a thread a week or so ago where I brought up how Batman and Cap and other supposedy baseline characters do things outside of their described abilities. And things picked up from there to become the Batman factor/ prep time/ whatever else. Guyguy.
Post Edited:2007-11-06 19:59:11
#25 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"Thats like saying what? With out a hamburger there is no Bigmac. Just Cuz Mickydees brainwashes folks into thinking its different don't make it so.Homeguy:P"

I'm sure the idea for the double pattie burger happened WAAAY before Mcdonalds. But I quit before you go off on another one of your rants about the white man's fast food brainwashing people.

#26 Posted by Sling Shot (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats like saying what? With out a hamburger there is no Bigmac. Just Cuz Mickydees brainwashes folks into thinking its different don't make it so.Homeguy:P

#27 Posted by Sling Shot (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Sling Shot says:
"Wow such harsh language. But ay, do some research before you call anything cuzzo,or so where I brought up how Batman and Cap and other supposedy baseline characters do things outside of their described abilities. And things picked up from there to become the Batman factor/ prep time/ whatever else. Guyguy."
Werent you using that to state that they really weren't baseline characters and that at some point we would all be informed that they were actually meta or superpowered at some point?"

I stated that to show they aren't really baseline. And if they are the writers need to get more creative and keep them within their described parameters.

#28 Posted by Vrakmul (23883 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"King of Kings says:
"Sling Shot says:
"Thats like saying what? With out a hamburger there is no Bigmac. Just Cuz Mickydees brainwashes folks into thinking its different don't make it so.Homeguy:P"
I'm sure the idea for the double pattie burger happened WAAAY before Mcdonalds. But I quit before you go off on another one of your rants about the white man's fast food brainwashing people."

And you can follow up with your defense of the whiteman's brainwashing and how it doesn't exist. Or yeah ...you could just go away."

Brainwashing? What kind of Tabloids are you reading?

#29 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Forever says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
I remember hearing about it the next morning after I made that battle. Gambler and I were discussing and it came up because Batman dodges bullets on a daily basis and curtosy of the effect peak humans can do things they can't so Captain America can knock out the hulk with a punch and catch torpedoes but nobody can lose against Batman."
Yes I remember reading what was said in the threads, but I just dont remember which thread was the original. Not that it really matters."

I agree.

#30 Posted by Sling Shot (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Sling Shot says:
I'm sure the idea for the double pattie burger happened WAAAY before Mcdonalds. But I quit before you go off on another one of your rants about the white man's fast food brainwashing people."

And you can follow up with your defense of the whiteman's brainwashing and how it doesn't exist. Or yeah ...you could just go away.

#31 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"I stated that to show they aren't *really* baseline. And if they are the writers need to get more creative and keep them within their described parameters."

That's the way I thought I remembered it. Excellent point.

#32 Posted by Vrakmul (23883 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"Nothing man, it's between me and Gamby. Family bizness no disrespect."

I'm A Woman.

#33 Posted by Sling Shot (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing man, it's between me and Gamby. Family bizness no disrespect.

#34 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"King of Kings says:
"Sling Shot says:

And you can follow up with your defense of the whiteman's brainwashing and how it doesn't exist. Or yeah ...you could just go away."

Something like that.

#35 Posted by Buckshot (18710 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like you figured it out, but this is how I remember it anyway. Gambler and I were talking about it in the Cap + Bucky/Batman + Robin? thing because Bucky has a gun and Batman dodges bullets. Gambler (Cajun Conundrum) only got involved because I used him as an example of something. Sling Shot sort put a face to the concept and brought it out into the open and Gambler named it.

Sling Shot, you keep saying "baseline", what do you mean by this? I personally don't see Batman or Cap as baseline. In my opinion Punisher is baseline human while they are a little above that, but not enough to be superhuman.

And I have another question: How do you (anyone) know that someone who is peak human, the very best a normal human can be, wouldn't be just like Batman or Captain America (excluding high end showings and general bad writing)? Why is it impossible to believe that at the very best a normal man can get, he can do the stuff they do? Have you seen someone who was "peak"? I doubt it. "Peak" is something that would be very hard to measure in the real world because only someone who knew everything about the human body and its limits could tell you if someone is the best a human can be. And even if it's impossible to believe that in real life, why in fiction? If they say peak humans in comics can do stuff like they show a lot of peak humans in comics do, then I don't see why you have to fight it so hard.

#36 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

wow great point bucky! if people thought olympic athletes were peak humans when captain america was created then he wouldn't be as fast, strong or anything as humans are now. so you really shouldnt be able to say anything that cap does is beyond belief, unless he's flying around or something. i dont know about batman though. how does he become peak anything? he should only be able to reach olympic levels, since those people work towards that one thing every day for years, while he's also spending all his time planning how to kill his friends if they turn on him ;)

#37 Posted by Kraven (517 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't consider Captain America to be just peak human because he had a super soldier serum. Other characters like Daredevil or Iron Fist also had outside forces effect their development. But Batman is just a man. He may stretch the limits of human performance but he is still supposed to be bound by them.

#38 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

captain america's supposed to be peak human because marvel said he was. he's the best that a human being can be.

#39 Posted by Kraven (517 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, but the best a human can be with a super soldier serum.

#40 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

ok... i'm saying that i dont think that a regular human could ever reach the limits like cap has, so that's basically the same thing.

#41 Posted by Kraven (517 posts) - - Show Bio

agreed.

#42 Posted by Sling Shot (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

When I see Bats or Cap doing something tthat outdoes another character with a superhuman power in that area I consider the "factor" to be in effect. I have seen it happen.ie Bats dodges Omega effect

#43 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Batman- Factor didn't exist...

When his parents where killed when he was young he would have self-destructed, becoming a homicidal maniac.

#44 Posted by Sling Shot (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

When I see Bats or Cap doing something tthat outdoes another character with a superhuman power in that area I consider the "factor" to be in effect. I have seen it happen.ie Bats dodges Omega effect

#45 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

all Superheroes have an "Effect"...

Superman's is the "Super Stupidity" effect, which causes all people who he comes in contact with to loose 100 points of their IQ so they don't figure out Clark Kent is Superman, even though he has the lamest disguise in history...

Green Lantern's (Hal) is the "Blonde" Effect, causing every blonde in a 200 mile radius to flirt madly with him

Green Lantern's (Kyle) is the "Dead girlfriends" effect, which causes ever women he ever dates to wind up dead... check up on it, it's 3 for 3

M

#46 Posted by Buckshot (18710 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"When I see Bats or Cap doing something tthat outdoes another character with a superhuman power in that area I consider the "factor" to be in effect. I have seen it happen.ie Bats dodges Omega effect"

As far as I know, that only happened in the cartoon. I know that's still Batman, but it's not the same.

#47 Posted by Sling Shot (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Sling Shot says:
"When I see Bats or Cap doing something tthat outdoes another character with a superhuman power in that area I consider the "factor" to be in effect. I have seen it happen.ie Bats dodges Omega effect"
As far as I know, that only happened in the cartoon. I know that's still Batman, but it's not the same."

Okay example denied. But in response to knowing what peak human is if that can't be gauged than lower level superhuman cannot be as well. where one ends the other picks up. So maybe Bats and Cap do superpowered things sometimes. This more towards Bats because Cap in my opinion is Superpowered by the serum to be the absolute best physically in every way a non-super human can be, or close to it, and that is superhuman. I believe Valkaad said something to that effect awhile ago.

#48 Posted by Buckshot (18710 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I was saying that you can't tell what's physically possible for a "peak" human in the real world, but that doesn't apply to comics. I said you'd need someone who knew everything there is to know about the limits of the human body, in comics, the editors/creators are those people. If they say Cap is peak human, and what he's doing is peak human and not superhuman, then it is. You can't do that in the real world because there is no one with that kind of omniscience, but in comics, there is. That's not to say they don't break their own rules sometimes (cases of really high showings or bad writing), but if they consistently show that peak humans can, almost across the board, perform ridiculously athletic feats like the rooftop acrobatics that DD pulls off or dodging bullets, then that's something that is possible for comic book peak humans.

#49 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"..."

i think this point was made amazingly well with Cassandra Cain in her run as Batgirl, where she was recorded doing her 'thing'...

it was the general consensus of the people recording in that every one of the feats was possible for a normal human, with training and dedication, but doing all of them together was in the metahuman catagory

M

#50 Posted by Buckshot (18710 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Buckshot says:
"..."

i think this point was made amazingly well with Cassandra Cain in her run as Batgirl, where she was recorded doing her 'thing'...

it was the general consensus of the people recording in that every one of the feats was possible for a normal human, with training and dedication, but doing all of them together was in the metahuman catagory

M

"

Where was this? I'd like to read it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.