Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

If Batman Was In Marvel Would He Be An Avenger And Why?

• 59 results
    Avatar image for theamazingbatman760
    TheAmazingBatman760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll If Batman Was In Marvel Would He Be An Avenger And Why? (96 votes)

Yes 56%
    No 44%
     • 
    LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By LordoftheNorth

He would be and Avenger and its the same reason that any hero is put on a team book and that is popularity

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Don't see why not.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is in marvel, his name is Black Panther.

Kumquatodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say no.

The Justice League is one thing, but a huge, secret GOVERNMENT organisation? No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

@slimj87d: I always liked thinking Daredevil is marvel's Batman. A driven bad ass that declared a war on crime.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: I chose T'Challa because he's smart as Batman, fights very well like Batman. And he did take over for DD for a little while fighting crime in the streets.

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah that'd work think he might fit better there than in the Justice League. I mean thinking about it there's no really god level powerhouses in the Avengers besides maybe Thor so he can fit into the group just fine. The problem with Batman in the Justice League is they have to over exaggerate his abilities to make him seem useful and it gets pretty ridiculous sometimes.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I doubt it. Batman is somewhat a combination of Iron Man and Nick Fury from the standpoint of technological and tactical genius.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought he seems like a more of an Avenger than a member of the JL.... and

He would be an Avenger and its the same reason that any hero is put on a team book and that is popularity

This

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Experio

If he does, him and Wolverine wont like each other.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: well Wolverine kills people so Batman wouldnt like him to begain with

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Experio

@lordofthenorth: That's the precise reason. Wolverine is a villain in Batmans eyes.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: well Wolverine kills people so Batman wouldnt like him to begain with

@experio said:

@lordofthenorth: That's the precise reason. Wolverine is a villain in Batmans eyes.

Wonder Woman, Aquaman, GA also kill.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yeah

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: and Batman shouldnt like them for it but that would mean Johns has to actualy write Batman in character which is impossable for the guy

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Not with Captain America on the team.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: and Batman shouldnt like them for it but that would mean Johns has to actualy write Batman in character which is impossable for the guy

In PreN52 some JL members also used to kill villains sometimes.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rustyroy said:

@lordofthenorth said:

In PreN52 some JL members also used to kill villains sometimes.

Those were rare instances, and even then, were generally treated as a big thing (ala Wonder Woman killing Maxwell Lord).

The Avengers aren't exactly the Punisher, but several members do consider lethal force as a valid last resort, and have used it multiple times. The Big Three alone: Cap, Iron Man, and Thor.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RustyRoy

@veshark said:

Those were rare instances, and even then, were generally treated as a big thing (ala Wonder Woman killing Maxwell Lord).

The Avengers aren't exactly the Punisher, but several members do consider lethal force as a valid last resort, and have used it multiple times. The Big Three alone: Cap, Iron Man, and Thor.

Yeah, but they did kill when necessary, that was my point.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He wouldn't have been but Bendis would have made him an Avenger during his dull run

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@veshark said:

Yeah, but they did kill when necessary, that was my point.

It's not just that though, the difference is also in regularity/consistency. Diana has killed before, but they were mostly mythological gods or monsters like Medusa. Even Batman's own no-kill code doesn't extend to animals. But her killing Maxwell Lord crossed the line in the sense that he was a human. And even then it was like a 'I have no other choice scenario', and that one single instance alone created a huge situation.

For the Big Three of the Avengers, using lethal force isn't a super-rare big deal. They try their best not to kill, but will if they have to, and when they do it - it's a lot more often than any League member.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

It's not just that though, the difference is also in regularity/consistency. Diana has killed before, but they were mostly mythological gods or monsters like Medusa. Even Batman's own no-kill code doesn't extend to animals. But her killing Maxwell Lord crossed the line in the sense that he was a human. And even then it was like a 'I have no other choice scenario', and that one single instance alone created a huge situation.

For the Big Three of the Avengers, using lethal force isn't a super-rare big deal. They try their best not to kill, but will if they have to, and when they do it - it's a lot more often than any League member.

Batman overreacted when Diana killed Maxwell lord IMO, when Damian killed that guy in Batman and Son, he didn't made a big fuss, and JL members have killed humans before, rarely but those still count, and I don't see why a human life should be any difference from a alien life, Batman should be above those things IMO.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DarthAznable

@dagmar_merrill: Batman is a tear between the two. Street prowling, hardcore justice bringer like Daredevil but also has the gadgets, wealth, and smarts like panther.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He already has his network. How could the Avengers benefit him?

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Batman sees Damian taking that guys life as his fault that he wasnt a good enough teacher to sway his son's actions aswell Damian is a child whose mother's teachings left Damian with a near total disregard for human life.

Diana on the other hand is a well rounded and a few thousand year old adult that knows the value of human life

iam sorry Batman values all life so he was not overreacting. Hell Batman would get pissed off if someone killed the Joker

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Veshark

@rustyroy said:

@veshark said:

Batman overreacted when Diana killed Maxwell lord IMO, when Damian killed that guy in Batman and Son, he didn't made a big fuss, and JL members have killed humans before, rarely but those still count, and I don't see why a human life should be any difference from a alien life, Batman should be above those things IMO.

Well it's not really equitable. Diana is one of the JL's 'Big Three' and one of Batman's closest allies. He knows that she knows the severity that comes with taking a life (unlike Damian, whom when he killed the Spook, he was just recently introduced after a lifetime of indoctrination from the League of Assassins.)

I'm not arguing for or against Batman's morality, really, just pointing out why I don't feel he'd work as well with the Avengers. I'm not saying he wouldn't be able to completely, at the end of the day they're all heroes trying to do good things, but maybe not as stellar as the JL.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: I agree with you, but I still say it was a little bit out of character for Batman, he should know sometimes there's no other way. Anyways maybe this is one of the good things about the New 52, the heroes aren't afraid to cross some lines.

@rustyroy: Batman sees Damian taking that guys life as his fault that he wasnt a good enough teacher to sway his son's actions aswell Damian is a child whose mother's teachings left Damian with a near total disregard for human life.

Diana on the other hand is a well rounded and a few thousand year old adult that knows the value of human life

iam sorry Batman values all life so he was not overreacting. Hell Batman would get pissed off if someone killed the Joker

Well I'll agree with you but Batman himself came close to killing the Joker a couple of times and Gordon or someone else usually stopped him, maybe it changes from writer to writer, I don't know.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy I see where you're coming from. It also seems to me that someone as pragmatic as Batman, who puts practicality over idealism, would occasionally see the merit of lethal force. That said, I guess it's one of the key qualities of DC heroes: that they're more icons and less fallible humans. Batman not crossing that line is something I do like about him though.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Yeah as long as he doesn't put his rules above others' its all cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Yes, but he has to replace a member, I say Captain America.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By M3th

WHat do you mean wHy? Because, He's tHe goddamn Batman!

June'sVeryOwn

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
    KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

No because he'd essentially be a government agent.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers all ready has people that can do what batman can do but better. He can go be someone Private Dick someplace else. That's what he is best at.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: no, just no. BP is no Batman and never will be.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alertcircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he'd mesh with the other members as well in the Avengers. Especially since Stark can do a lot of the things he does, so Batman gets turned into a last minute resort for when things go really bad, and I'm not sure he'd want to give that any attention.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RustyRoy
    RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

He would be less fun than spidey.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers all ready has people that can do what batman can do but better

I don't get this argument, first of all it's incorrect, Batman can bring many different things to the table and he can be of better use than at least some of the Avengers, also every team has someone that can do something that a other team member can do and do it better than them but using that logic, a team will only have 3-4 members.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is more popular that all the Avengers put together.

Its obvious he would be in the team.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gracetrack

No, he wouldn't. The Avengers might as well be a team of criminals as far as Batman's no-killing code is concerned. Sometimes I think the only reason he's with the Justice League is to keep them on the straight and narrow. The Avengers are already too far-gone.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

As things stand now he would most like be a New Avengers. I think he would fit nicely, though they might have to tweak his morals a bit for that because I am not entirely sure Bruce would consent to destroying entire planet, some very similar to our Earth with life and everything, just to save our Earth.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By redwingx

Same reason hes in JL.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
    SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

No. He`s supposed to be a secret vigilante who keeps everything from everyone, sometimes even those who know his identity and are very close to him. Batman would never fit into an organization founded by the government that needs to know everything about you. And he founded the JL, not joined it.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely, he'd be a great Avenger.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

He'd be an Avenger because Marvel is fond of money.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.