If Batman goes out only at night...

#1 Posted by MasterDetective (806 posts) - - Show Bio

Why don't criminals do crime on daylight?

#2 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

it's easier to commit crimes at night, even with the threat of Batman... as well as that, some people actually have to do things during the daytime, whether it's a job, or school, or something else, so they don't have the time to be out committing crimes.

#3 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

commisioner gordon: Batman help us! the Joker's about to destroy the entire city!

Batman: I won't help it's only 6:00 am

cg:but please, you can't do that!

bm:yes I can, do you know why?

cg:why?

Batman: cos' I'm batman!

#4 Posted by ComicStooge (12074 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd come out during the day if the situation REALLY called for it.

#5 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt people like Bane, Clayface, and Killer Croc have day jobs. I was kind of wondering this a long time ago. I'd say the cops only have like a 20% chance of stopping a villain where as Batman has like a 75%-95% chance depending on who it is........I'd rather take my chances doing a mid day robbery then a midnight one lol

#6 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Its much easier to for criminals to operate at night.

#7 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously, it's always nighttime in Gotham.

#8 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

New ones aren't afraid of Batman and the usuals think they can beat him.

#9 Posted by xerozeven (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@sEsposito7 said:

Lol, this.

#10 Posted by nickzambuto (13053 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

Killer Croc can easily rob a bank or whatever in the middle of the day, no problem.

#11 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

That's why Batman has sidekicks.

#12 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hunter114 said:

it's easier to commit crimes at night, even with the threat of Batman... as well as that, some people actually have to do things during the daytime, whether it's a job, or school, or something else, so they don't have the time to be out committing crimes.

#13 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

#14 Posted by CrimsonCake (2672 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has evolved from being a masked crime-fighter who hides in the shadows at night to a Justice league member who works along super-humans and fights them.Batman has kind of grown out of the whole "Only come out at night" strategy.

#15 Posted by foxandwall (49 posts) - - Show Bio

But Batman do come out during the day...Gordon phoned him.

#16 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7601 posts) - - Show Bio

That's why they are criminals. They are pretty dumb.

#17 Posted by batkevin74 (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterDetective: They covered this Detective Comics #638 when a criminal called Actuary allies himself with the Penguin to test this theory and well I'll let you read it to find out how that went

#18 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotham has other super heroes......

#19 Posted by Red_Jack (285 posts) - - Show Bio

something else came to my mind. If Batman only goes out at night, he must have the pastiest ass in the world.

#20 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

lol....are you thinking about Batmans booty?...sweet..

#21 Posted by Enigm95 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman does not go out only at night. If he did, War Games would have been the end of Gotham.

In my opinion, there are still some petty criminals that believe Batman is a myth and that the Bat-Signal is just to scare them off, so they commit crimes at night.

And most of Batman's notorious enemies work by night for specific reasons: Joker, the Riddler, Hush and sometimes Bane actually WANT Batman to face them, Scarecrow and Zsasz probably believe that people are more easily terrified when it's dark, Penguin, Black Mask, Two-Face and any other mob boss can't really make affairs in daylight without someone noticing, Deadshot is a hitman, and hitmen usually kill their targets at night, Clayface I don't even know what he wants, Ra's and his league are assassins...

Maybe only Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze and Killer Croc would appear in daylight.

#22 Posted by Russcovito (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Do not forget that in the last few parts of Batman & Robin against Terminator (damn not sure of his name) it's day when Grayson, Todd and Drake come for back up.

#23 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6206 posts) - - Show Bio
@sEsposito7 said:

#24 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Russcovito said:

Do not forget that in the last few parts of Batman & Robin against Terminus it's day when Grayson, Todd and Drake come for back up.

fixed

#25 Edited by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually Bats went out in daytime in: LoTDK: Idols, part 1 :) to catch some criminals

#26 Posted by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

Because ALL the criminals of Gotham know that Batman only comes out at night. So they perform small time operations during the day. Minor robberies, nothing of real importance. Why not just perform big jobs during the day? Because daylight is their only refuge from Batman. They don't want to screw it up with a big time plan and risk forcing Batman into a full scale, day/night assault on Gotham's underworld. At least this way, they're still making some minor profits.

#27 Posted by joshmightbe (24701 posts) - - Show Bio

Because there has to be some justification for Gatham PD's existence aside from the very few actually useful cops and their ability to turn on a bat signal

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.