I want a Black and Grey costume in a Batman movie!

#1 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

It wouldn't look silly. If they get it like this, it'd be perfect:

I think Bale's TDK/TDKR suit was the best so far in Live-Action, (Dead End doesn't count), but it can work.

#2 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Twentyfive (2825 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Grey Yellow all day!! Best Bat Costume.

#4 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

How's this?

#5 Posted by Chaos Burn (1773 posts) - - Show Bio

lame, he's gonna be in a movie alongside people like superman, he's gotta look like he can take some hits

#6 Edited by Frozen (10830 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: I watched the entire movie. Batman could barely move around.

#7 Edited by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frozen: The cowl and connected cowl pretty much freezes the neck and head, so no turning your head. The cape pulls the head back, so the person has to lean forward to compensate. This effects a persons entire range of movement. If you can't look over your shoulder, you're cautious about moving your arm too far back, because you might hit something or someone that you can't see. Etc. TDK and TDKR solved that by making the helmet segmented from the neck, which they could do because of the realistic, combat armor appearance. A classic gray and black suit like you guys want would most likely have a more spandex like feel, like in these movies I posted. The result is that a cape and cowl, if connected for a more unified look, would result in a very stiff type of movement. Add in the inevitable kevlar vest, and it doesn't help. You've got to strike a balance between the classic look and combat armor. The best combo of which is, the real live version of the Arkham games suit. Shame there's nothing like that.

Oh wait.

There is.

That suit you?

#8 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84508 posts) - - Show Bio

The head never looks quite right. In comics and the animated movies/series the cowl is badass, but the live action movies......somethings always off just slightly. Agreed though that Bales was the best thus far.

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

It just doesn't translate well into the movies. I personally liked the look of the Batman Begins suit far more than his upgrade one from TDK, but it's proven that he's capable of so much more with just being able to turn his neck.

#10 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5274 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it surprising that noone brings up the slits in his eyes.

#11 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@Frozen: The cowl and connected cowl pretty much freezes the neck and head, so no turning your head. The cape pulls the head back, so the person has to lean forward to compensate. This effects a persons entire range of movement. If you can't look over your shoulder, you're cautious about moving your arm too far back, because you might hit something or someone that you can't see. Etc. TDK and TDKR solved that by making the helmet segmented from the neck, which they could do because of the realistic, combat armor appearance. A classic gray and black suit like you guys want would most likely have a more spandex like feel, like in these movies I posted. The result is that a cape and cowl, if connected for a more unified look, would result in a very stiff type of movement. Add in the inevitable kevlar vest, and it doesn't help. You've got to strike a balance between the classic look and combat armor. The best combo of which is, the real live version of the Arkham games suit. Shame there's nothing like that.

Oh wait.

There is.

That suit you?

I'd be happy with that suit....maybe cut the ears down a little bit and get rid of the shine on the cape and cowl

#12 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: The shine is from the fact that the cape and cowl is a dark blue rather than black. Multiple versions of the cape and cowl were made for the suit, one of which was black, that way they could get whatever effect they wanted from the light hitting it.

#13 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Batman Dead End, he used white contact lenses.

#15 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish the cowl was made with sharper larger holes with the white layer on them for the eyes. When it's actually the eye showing it becomes...off. But christian bales was nice, however yeah the color of grey and black makes it nicer for him if only the main body was grey ;_;

But no underwear. no.

#16 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

i want this costume to be in the movie to

#17 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

I want the white lenses included.

#18 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

IF they do a Justice League and rebooted Batman - I think that if the director ISN'T gonna copy Nolan's Batman costume, then they would go with the classic Black and Grey suit - but in armor form, not tights.

#19 Posted by britsera (204 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19 said:

i want this costume to be in the movie to

Oh, yes. Either that or Tim's red and black costume. We need a good Batman movie with a Robin in it.

#20 Posted by SuperVegito (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn said:

lame, he's gonna be in a movie alongside people like superman, he's gotta look like he can take some hits

I like the way he looked in Arkham Asylum. It was the classic grey colors. but if you positioned the camera close up you could clearly see it's not just cloth, it's some kind of armor and it looks pretty durable (can't say it actually is considering Batman can barely take 3 bullets before dying :p)

#21 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

The black and grey should be there, but it should be more in the style of the Bale movies than Dead End. So it should be an 'armoured' look, but retain the classic colours.

#22 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5274 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Batman Dead End, he used white contact lenses.

Finally someone got that. You'd be surprised how easy people are without the proper percautions.

#23 Posted by tuananhxu99001 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

the costume in arkham city is pretty kick ass

#24 Edited by Batmanx2005 (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I think arkham origin is a great example if Nolan or other people could do black and grey

#25 Posted by MuyJingo (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

Both of these costumes were far better than the Nolan costume, and I would be happy with something close to them in the reboot:

#26 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11062 posts) - - Show Bio

The grey suit just wouldn't look right in a live movie. In comics, or an animated movie, Batman could easily extend and wrap his cape around himself to become a shadow. Or the shadow of himself would engulf him so he looks hidden. You can't do that in real life. You need a black on black suit so he can camouflage within the night. Grey isn't realistic.

#27 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicvine.com/batman/4005-1699/forums/movie-reboot-redesign-supermanvsbatman-costume-739452/#142

I love how people fail to notice Normal Spandex dont work and just simply decide to ignore only Spiderman uses spandex, but they change the textures, they change several aspects to fit the cinematic world, Bat in the sun the guys who made the vs Wolverine costume take down the spandex costume and are using a costume that looks more like Arkham, not only live action leaves spandex behind even the video games has left the concept of Batman using spandex, i mean Arkham, DC vs Mortal Kombat and Injustice show this, Superman is not using Spandex anymore, the X Men used their blue and yellow colors, but they still take down the whole concept of using spandex, they even make the joke only bulletproof character should use spandex.

The Captain America used Spandex, but it was explain it was a suicide mission and he survived, then they changed his costume.

Batman today in the comics is not using normal spandex, also pre 52 Batman wasnt using just an spandex costume like those guys, he was using a body armour under the spandex costume, that is explain is not even normal spandex anymore.

Adam West Mr. I have Gadgets against everything need a bulletproof shield, becuase the spandex costume didnt give him any protection.

http://www.comicvine.com/batman/4005-1699/forums/movie-reboot-redesign-supermanvsbatman-costume-739452/#142

Batman has used Spandex in the past, now look at the spandex vs the plastic guys.

Also is not Nolan, Burton and Schumacher give Batman a second costume that looks more like an armour, its an on going tradition like change the Batman theme, change the logo and change how Gotham looks.

#28 Posted by Omnicrono (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

The grey suit just wouldn't look right in a live movie. In comics, or an animated movie, Batman could easily extend and wrap his cape around himself to become a shadow. Or the shadow of himself would engulf him so he looks hidden. You can't do that in real life. You need a black on black suit so he can camouflage within the night. Grey isn't realistic.

Black is easier to film in live action, sure. But honestly, you can do whatever you want in a life action film too. If it works in a cartoon, it could work in a movie.

How? Just takes the right crew and editing.

#29 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11062 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono: Okay, you could be right. I guess I just always preferred a black on black suit instead of the grey, even for comics.

#30 Posted by sinestro_GL (3050 posts) - - Show Bio

Would be great, but not giving my hopes up.

So far the Keaton costume is my favourite

#31 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Black is easier to film in live action, sure. But honestly, you can do whatever you want in a life action film too. If it works in a cartoon, it could work in a movie.

How? Just takes the right crew and editing.

In a cartoon screaming for 1 hour and a half make sense, people who has black hair get blonde and explode planets using their ki!!!

Is live action movies, not cartoon, what it works in a cartoon dont work in live action, is like saying Cars.

Its no the same internal logic and is no the same medium, what work in a medium could fail in another medium.

Cartoons are oranges and live action are apples, so is apples and orange.

Another thing, i have post this in the thread that is to stop all this thread, the one above.

Also i am tired of the Nostalgia about Batman 89, the costume had more failures people want to remember, the fight scenes during that period were terrible because Batman cant move in that costume.

Arkham costume didnt looks half as good in real life that as it does in the game, in the game react as the game makers want him to react, not as it should react.

Besides the fact it was falling apart
Did you see the giant scar in Batman head?
Look at his righ side, it looks awkward, i have seen this costume in real life, is not like the game and dont look like the game, the game change the end result since its not real life.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.