Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23633 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

I think Batman overreacted this time

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MasterDetective

{SPOILERS FROM INFINITE CRISIS}

In this story, Batman is more than upset because some JL members erased Dr.Light's memory, with resulted in him going mad against them. But I was like "wtf?", that nothing really...

I think Batman was angry for nothing, okay it may not be a good thing to lobotomize people, but it had positive effects when Dr.Light's memory was erased, so don't you guys think like me?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@MasterDetective: They changed Dr. Light personallity so he never do those thing again, they destroy who he was, becuase they didnt wanted to live with the problems that will cause to them.

Batman was the only one brave enough to live with the consequences of his actions.

The rest hide from them.

They decide to hide the truth, control minds and act in ways not even Luthor would act, being a hero isnt about using a costume and say i am a hero,m is about how you do things and why.

They decide to hide as cowards and think only in their needs, not because they will help others.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BatWatch

Wow! You are a little late to the discussion. That story is nearly ten years old now.

I'm with you. Lobotomize the crap out of the rapist. I don't care in the slightest. Okay, well maybe the slightest... It would have been better if Hawkman and just maced his penis into oblivion.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By cameron83

didn't he regain his "memory" or evilness

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Rumble Man

@MasterDetective: agreed, he likes saving villains rights compared to actual victims

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#6  Edited By BatWatch

@DeathpooltheT1000

"They changed Dr. Light personallity so he never do those thing again, they destroy who he was, becuase they didnt wanted to live with the problems that will cause to them."

Yep, Smart move on the JL's part.

"Batman was the only one brave enough to live with the consequences of his actions."

That makes no sense. It was Dr. Light's actions that caused the original problem.

"The rest hide from them."

All the members of the Justice League who wiped Dr. Light's lived with the consequences of wiping him.

"They decide to hide the truth."

Almost all heroes hide the truth in one way or another. That is the point of a mask. So what?

"Control minds"

Yes, and normally I would agree this is a bad thing, but Dr. Light deserved it.

"and act in ways not even Luthor would act"

Oh please. (exasperated eyeroll) Luthor would do anything for power.

"being a hero isnt about using a costume and say i am a hero,m is about how you do things and why."

And in your opinion, the way to show you are a hero is to allow the evil to continue to do evil and increase the chances of your wife being raped?

"They decide to hide as cowards"

They continued to be as prominent in the superhero community as ever.

"and think only in their needs,"

Nonsense. They all continued to save lives in the interest of others.

"not because they will help others."

They probably saved at least several dozen lives by screwing with Dr. Light's brain.

In short, your entire statement is either hyperbole or just plain wrong.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I dont have a problem with the memory wiping. But the personality altering is just wrong. And Doc Light wasn't the only victim of that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.