I just noticed this...

#1 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has finally surpassed superman in issues of apparence .

8880 issues and 8765.

#2 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

That is because the man is just more interesting.

#3 Posted by Illuminatus (9481 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoboShark said:

That is because the man is just more interesting.

And because DC has like five damn Batman titles, and they act like the universe will implode if he isn't mentioned or making an appearance everywhere.
#4 Posted by JonSmith (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: It will. He's Batman.

#5 Edited by Illuminatus (9481 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonSmith said:

So concise, yet so insightful.
#6 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Yes, you are correct. He is batman.

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (14451 posts) - - Show Bio

He is Batman.

#8 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17166 posts) - - Show Bio

batman man is dc's wolverine for marketing, the guy just sells issues

#9 Posted by Billy Batson (57707 posts) - - Show Bio
Translated issues, people.

BB

#10 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4689 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman also appeared at my seventh birthday party.

#11 Posted by Twentyfive (2749 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought he passed him a long time ago. Oh well. So now Batman has the most appearances, huh?

#12 Posted by nickzambuto (12687 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is a whore and I love him for it.

#13 Posted by Humanoid (132 posts) - - Show Bio

I once found a drunk batman passed out on the streets.

#14 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:
Translated issues, people.

BB

Exactly...And I'm pretty sure there are issue that Superman has appeared and has yet to be tagged.
#15 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Well outside of DC comcis is more common to see Batman parodies, Batman copies, Batman based character and Batman related jokes that Superman ones, so isnt shocking he can surpass Superman.

#16 Posted by polo327 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

epic, this is what I feel like sometimes when reading the new 52. I'm waiting for him to add magical devices to his utility belt and join Justice League Dark.

#17 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

@Humanoid said:

I once found a drunk batman passed out on the streets.

My god........he's made his way to our world so that he can truly be everywhere at once. His reign is coming those who willingly worship him shall be spared, those who resist shall burn in bat-hell

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32223 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

It's wonder woman's turn.

#20 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that sucked

#21 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll let Batman slide for once. But come next year..... Man of Steel....

#22 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

superman fanboys complain about batman fanboys trolling. and now they come over to batman boards to troll.

#23 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Batman is Batman.

#24 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

given batman's rise in popularity it was just a matter of time...

#25 Posted by PaperDemon (587 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Superman=came from a completly unrealistic planet and is an alien...(well..he is just like pretty much any average superhero..no twists no turns. Pretty dull to me)
  2. Batman=a billionare whos parents got shot and took over the company and is a gadget based superhero (Wow he is way more interesting and a different hero for once...hmm with the right ammount of money and the right suppliers someone could REALLY be batman!
#26 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@PaperDemon said:

1. Batman=a billionare whos parents got shot and took over the company and is a gadget based superhero (Wow he is way more interesting and a different hero for once...hmm with the right ammount of money and the right suppliers someone could REALLY be batman!

Sarcasm?

#27 Posted by 3Blue_Star (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@PaperDemon said:

1. Superman=came from a completly unrealistic planet and is an alien...(well..he is just like pretty much any average superhero..no twists no turns. Pretty dull to me)
  2. Batman=a billionare whos parents got shot and took over the company and is a gadget based superhero (Wow he is way more interesting and a different hero for once...hmm with the right ammount of money and the right suppliers someone could REALLY be batman!

Haha lovely

#28 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5874 posts) - - Show Bio

Good for Batman.

#29 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@PaperDemon: nobody could be batman. noone could master over 100 martial arts in one lifetime.even if they did try to be batman they would probably die after a random thug shoots them. or get caught by the cops. most of batman gadgets wouldnt work in real life like they do in the comics.

#30 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratman19 said:

@PaperDemon: nobody could be batman. noone could master over 100 martial arts in one lifetime.even if they did try to be batman they would probably die after a random thug shoots them. or get caught by the cops. most of batman gadgets wouldnt work in real life like they do in the comics.

If batman made 100 duplicates of himself and told them to master 100 martial arts and join together as one at midnight at the Rosetta stone,then it would seem batman can master over 100 martial arts.

#31 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

this is what happened after batman dissed superman.

#32 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, why is his surpassing so surprising? Didn't they both come out within the same year?

#33 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

Wait, why is his surpassing so surprising? Didn't they both come out within the same year?

Batman came out 1939 and sups came out 1942

#34 Edited by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

@Funrush said:

Actually, Action #1 came out 6/1938 and Detective #27 came out 5/1939.

#35 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

@moywar700 said:

@Funrush said:

Actually, Action #1 came out 6/1938 and Detective #27 came out 5/1939.

Alright

#36 Posted by Queso6p4 (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

I'd say the people in marketing and sales are the real whores but thanks for the laugh. :) Trolls be d*****.

Batman: "Oh yeah, you like all those unnecessary titles, don't you? That's right, lean over that counter and gently lay your money down. I'll do whatever you want-Fight radioactive clones, angrily egg on guys who are branding my symbol on people, you name it."

#37 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Queso6p4 said:

@nickzambuto said:

I'd say the people in marketing and sales are the real whores but thanks for the laugh. :) Trolls be d*****.

Batman: "Oh yeah, you like all those unnecessary titles, don't you? That's right, lean over that counter and gently lay your money down. I'll do whatever you want-Fight radioactive clones, angrily egg on guys who are branding my symbol on people, you name it."

batman is allow to have various titles because they offer something new in each title.. Batman and Robin is different from batman incorporated.They offer something new to the reader.

#38 Posted by Queso6p4 (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: Understood, but there's not enough difference to warrant him having so many titles, in my opinion. I'd say keep it focused to three, maybe four titles and leave it at that. I can see the main title, Batman & Robin, and Batman Incorporated, as doing what you say but The Dark Knight should just be scrapped. Only very recently has it seemed to actually have a direction.

#39 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Queso6p4 said:

@moywar700: Understood, but there's not enough difference to warrant him having so many titles, in my opinion. I'd say keep it focused to three, maybe four titles and leave it at that. I can see the main title, Batman & Robin, and Batman Incorporated, as doing what you say but The Dark Knight should just be scrapped. Only very recently has it seemed to actually have a direction.

Yes.

#40 Posted by kamakazi152 (152 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#42 Posted by The Poet (8288 posts) - - Show Bio

this happened a while back...

It was like that when I did my batman stories list and that was...what? three months ago? I forget...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.