Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

I hate when people say Nolan's Batman is faithful.

• 67 results
    Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Baddamdog

I don't care, the films are awesome

Avatar image for captaincockblock
    CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By CaptainCockblock
    @MrErbac said:

That's just an opinion, not a fact. Some people like you think it is, some people like me think it's overrated. I still think Batman '89 is one of (if not) the best superhero movies to date. So I guess I hate it when people criticize that movie which is the best interpretation of Batman to live action ever. And if it wasn't for that movie being a hit, you wouldn't have your precious so-called great Nolan movies.
    I love how you say "it's just an opinion, not a fact" then go on to state YOUR opinion as a fact which everyone must accept. Great work, man.
    Avatar image for captaincockblock
    CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By CaptainCockblock
    @joshmightbe said:
    @Gambit1024: Haters just want to suck all joy from life, I've noticed if theres anything even slightly enjoyable there has to be 600 people telling you it sucks and you should feel bad for liking it 
    You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Well played.
    cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#54  Edited By cosmo111687

I think that people appreciate how the films are less eccentric and more down-to-earth. They're responding to the overall tone of the films rather than the details. It's not my favourite rendition of Batman, personally, but I think it's still really good for what it is.

arcanineryu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By arcanineryu2

look, what nolan did, and did an amazing job doing might i add, is creating a universe in which batman is the only superhero out there.
     no superman, no justice league, no nothing. just a story that focuses wholly on the batman, and in order to achieve this certain liberty's need to be taken in order to make such a world believable, because you know what, if people such as poison ivy and clayface existed in the nolanverse, then that would quickly lead to a pantheon of superheros. which would take the spotlight away from batman, because who cares if some guy dressed as a bat is fighting crime when swarms of super powered criminals are popping up everywhere for illogical reasons? 
    so everything needed to be more realistic, and this included characters like joker because falling in a vat of chemicals kills you, not make you into an insane supervillain that looks like a clown. and on top of that, he had to squash years upon years of compelling story into a few hours, while not making it seem like he's just  repackaging batman the animated series, which by your standards would also be unfaithful, even though the retold origion of 2-face is actually more compelling than the origional.
     so yea he couldn't get everything exact, but do you really want him to? one of the beauty's of comics is alternate realitys, so quit your whineing and enjoy the incredibly well made nolanverse

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#56  Edited By Samimista

Compared to the other Batman movie series' it's faithful.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Nova`Prime`

There is only one real, faithful Batman movie and its...

Batman '66!!!
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That people hate amazing movies because they are populars, obtain millions of bucks and are better that Tim Burton and Marvel ones, F@kc this fanboyness!!! 
    That people hate amazing movies because they are populars, obtain millions of bucks and are better that Tim Burton and Marvel ones, F@kc this fanboyness!!! 
    Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Postacrat

They are both good films. I loved what Tim Burton did in Batman and Batman returns, the were both excellent films. I'll never forget when he lifted that thug up in the air and said "I'm batman", those movies deserve their respect. Michael Keaton played an intelligent but still flamboyant Bruce Wayne. The movies showed batman in bear bones combat that was ok for it's time. I feel "Batman" the first Burton film was more about a Bruce Wayne that had been batman for a while, because he seemed older and less conflicted than Nolan's Batman. There was a certainty to Batman in the first film and in "Batman Returns that the other batman's did not have, giving the impressions that these other Bruce Wayne's were younger and still learning. However I loved it all it just got a little bad when George Clooney came in, and I went to the theater to see Batman Begins and Dark Knight. Now Nolan did an excellent job and I must say I also enjoyed his films as well, the combat was more modern with batman showing his skills against better combatants. Much more modern and new, I mean Keaton couldn't be Batman forever hell he quit after the first two lol.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By Deranged Midget

It sure isn't faithful to the dot, but it damn well is the best adaption to the big screen.

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By fury714

@Deranged Midget said:

It sure isn't faithful to the dot, but it damn well is the best adaption to the big screen.

-Seconded-

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By Daveyo520

@War Killer said:

I hate when people make threads criticizing one of (if not) the best superhero movies to date.
    lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By lifeofvibe

Not gonna lie those movies were awesome unfortunately they also very very unfaithful to the comics Christopher Nolan took alot batmans character and completely left it out of the movies

Batman is no longer a chemist

Batman is no longer a techy

Add to that he also took a lot from other characters as well

Bane is no longer hispanic

Bane is no longer on venom

Bane is no longer an intellectual

Bane is no longer a one man army

No bane is henchman of talias...

Ras is no longer an eco Terrorist...

No laughing gas joker...

no acid in court...

No faithfulness

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: Yeah I felt that they could've at least let Bane be Hispanic. But its based in realism so some of the stuff, like venom, wouldn't really fit. But there are still tons of references to the comics throughout the trilogy

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna lie those movies were awesome unfortunately they also very very unfaithful to the comics Christopher Nolan took alot batmans character and completely left it out of the movies

Batman is no longer a chemist

Batman is no longer a techy

Add to that he also took a lot from other characters as well

Bane is no longer hispanic

Bane is no longer on venom

Bane is no longer an intellectual

Bane is no longer a one man army

No bane is henchman of talias...

Ras is no longer an eco Terrorist...

No laughing gas joker...

no acid in court...

No faithfulness

Well I love the idea of Bane having his own army though that's pretty badass. Though Arkham Origins went about doing this way better.

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker twisted Dent's mind instead of Harley's...

RAGEEEE!!

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would you want a movie to be exactly like the comics? Different interpretations are cool, that's why elseworlds were awesome. That'd be boring as hell if every Batman film was just a shot for shot copy of a previous Batman comic.

And even if a director was lazy enough to do that, geeks would still nitpick it to death on the internet...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.