i hate the new 52 batman timeline

#1 Posted by havoc1201 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

is it just me or does the new 52 batman timeline not make any sense lets see four robins in five years that means dick was robin for a year before he became nightwing, jason todd wasdead for like a month before bruce recruited tim which really shows how hard jasons death was on him. something in the origanal timeline kept him from having another robin for sometime. and then there is dameon who was born five years before bruce became batman but if you read batman and robin #0 it shows dameon wearing his fathers cowl that he found in his mothers room. so can anyone clear this up or have any opinons on the matter

#2 Posted by SmashBrawler (5509 posts) - - Show Bio

We all do.

#3 Edited by cameron83 (6754 posts) - - Show Bio

oh...my....f*cking...god

I am not really directing that towards you,so please don't think it is,but the following is for you:

I can understand if you don't like it,you may like the old stuff better.Personally I like the new stuff way better,if anyone actually looked at the old stuff,you would've noticed that the timeline made absolutely no sense,which is why DC constantly rebooted after their crisis's.But I believe you are totally missing out on ALOT of information,which is a HUGE factor as to why you "hate it".

#4 Posted by SupBatz (1705 posts) - - Show Bio

It's best not to think too much about it. A few years from now nobody is going to be so precise with actual comic book timelines as DC (for reasons beyond my understanding) is trying to be now. Better that they use ambigous statements such as "Earlier", "Long Ago", "Several Years Ago" etc. to avoid all of this time conflict.

#5 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe just stretch the 5 year timeline a little using some imagination.

#6 Posted by havoc1201 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the new batman i think synder is hitting it out of the park its just the whole robin thing it really belittles each and every one of them by crunching their time like that.

#7 Posted by havoc1201 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

*snyder

#8 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@havoc1201: I agree this new timeline is really annoying and confusing

Btw you can edit and delete posts, welcome to the vine

#9 Posted by cameron83 (6754 posts) - - Show Bio

@havoc1201: it does,and thank you.

But if that wasn't the case batman would be like 40 or 45 or 50,or something like that.Until DC did another reboot to "fix" the timeline and everyone sorta forgot about it

#10 Posted by havoc1201 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

i understand what you are saying its just when you are reading a story and your into it and all of a sudden things that are talked about make no sense for such a short amount of time. or stories within the series no longer follow the same time line at all times it just ruins the flow of the series. Ya know

#11 Posted by havoc1201 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

And what they did to Tim Drake in this timeline should be punishable by death. how could they take a great robin and just make him pretty much the step child of the bat family.

#12 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

The five year gap should just be thrown out for something like few years or many years because five years makes the story more contrived and confusing.

#13 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

At the end of Flashpoint when Pandora was fixing the timeline, maybe Pandora gifted Batman with a time anomaly so Batman's 5 year gap seems longer than Superman's 5 year gap.

#14 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Just dont think about it.

#15 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7602 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19 said:

That's the smartest thing I have ever heard anyone say ever.

#16 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19 said:

Answer to everyone's problems.

#17 Posted by The_Tree (7247 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate it as well, not just for Batman, but for the entire DCU.

@Eternal19 said:

This, and having hope for the future is all I can do for now.

#18 Posted by entropy_aegis (14571 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Eternal19 said:

Yeah well I dont,but every other month DC inserts a stupid detail regarding the timeline.They really want you to buy it.

#19 Posted by sinestro_GL (3067 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, I don't really care...mostly because I don't over-think it...I'm just here to enjoy the stories

#20 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

We all do.

#21 Posted by BatWatch (2368 posts) - - Show Bio

Grab a ticket and stand in line. The Bat editors are asleep at the wheel. I find it hard to believe they have not already walked back this deceleration since it so clearly does not work. And all for what, to make Batman five years younger? As if new fans even care if Bruce is twenty-five or thirty-five.

New Fan, "That action scene was awesome, but I feel like Batman was moving and thinking like someone in his thirties. I do not think I can relate to him."

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

@entropy_aegis said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Eternal19 said:

Yeah well I dont,but every other month DC inserts a stupid detail regarding the timeline.They really want you to buy it.

True, and every month, they come out with some new plot point which clearly makes no sense in the five year span. It makes me want to slap someone.

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.