Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

I Hate Batman At This Point

• 110 results
    jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Edited By jointron33

Ever since Batman's wife, a.k.a. Frank Miller penned the overrated and badly aged "The Dark Knight Returns", DC and comic fans have had two almost universal obsessions: Making Batman look good and making characters such as Superman look weak and stupid. Illogical story lines featuring rampant Batwanker-dom, such as Batman defeating The JLA singlehandedly, Superman/Batman constantly revolving around weakening Superman and using kryptonite, and similar treatment in Superman: The Animated Series where Bruce Timm had his lover The Joker dancing around as Superman was affected by Kryptonite. I dont care if I'm rambling, I'm just tired of seeing Batman always winning, seeing crap like All-Star Batman and Robin, and seeing Batgod fanboys like Bruce Timm and Frank Miller getting work. Oh god I hope I piss people off.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

Respect. Bump.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RyuHayabusa

You pissed me off now stop trolling :P

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Primmaster64

You do have a point.

But yeah, its more the fans than the character that pi$$ me off. Batfans are even worse than Storm fans.

( Don't diss me!!!)

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By daredevil21134

Frank Miller is Legend

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Deranged Midget

Good rant, I agree with the majority of your points. Dark Knight Returns is good but overrated and I don't think anyone likes All Star Batman & Robin.

Btw, the New 52 Batman is golden if you haven't already checked it out.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Primmaster64 said:

You do have a point. But yeah, its more the fans than the character that pi$$ me off. Batfans are even worse than Storm fans. ( Don't diss me!!!)

YOU MANIAC! :P

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

It's not Bruce Timm your mad at, it's Paul Dini. Timm just did the animation.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#8  Edited By RazzaTazz

To be fair, Batman lost pretty handily in the Hush storyline.  

homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By homeslice

I understand where you are coming from.Batman is one of my all time favourite characters and i find it almost impossible to hate him. Despite this I am fed up of DC making their other characters incompetent in comparison to him- especially the rest of the justice league. I understand that he is their most popular character but i think that by portraying him as 'above' the other leaguers they are doing their other characters and the fans of these characters a grave injustice. I have never read The Dark Knight Returns because of this and although JL Crisis of 2 Earths is probably my favourite DC animated film i was disappointed that he saved the day yet again. As a fan of bats i enjoy his animated films and series etc but it dislike when a brilliant cast of powerful and useful characters are just kept on the sidelines and often belittled just to make batman seem good. batman is awesome without them having to rub it in imo. I want to see how awesome Superman, WonderWoman the Flash and the others are as well- but it seems incapable as long as batman is present. Sorry if i rambled but these are just my thoughts.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By Saren

........Batman was nearly killed by Superman in Sacrifice.

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperShafe

@Primmaster64: Nothing is worse than storm fans....

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By RainEffect
    @SuperShafe said:

Amen. There is nothing on this site worse than Storm fans.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Primmaster64
    @RainEffect said:
    @SuperShafe said:

Hardcore Batman fans are up there too...sorry to say.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

@SuperShafe: DBZ fans are close

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. Deadpool fans take the cake, what with his character being the equivalent of early Daffy Duck.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Primmaster64 said:

You do have a point. But yeah, its more the fans than the character that pi$$ me off. Batfans are even worse than Storm fans. ( Don't diss me!!!)

O_O......you wound me sir, you wound me deeply

as for the op, blame the writers Batman is a great character and it is this greatness that has blinded writers into making equally great characters look stupid when they should be pwning him

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By batshrine

I will agree that Frank Miller sucks, and should never write another comic ever again. But as far as Batman being awesome...its hard for his awesomeness to not look so awesome.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By r3d_rob1n

Batman is a mere mortal in a universe full of over powered gods. DC has become the definition of power house over the years and as a result have infiltrated the market with omnipotent characters such as Superman. In comparison to these characters, you refuse to believe that a man could possibly rival their intellect, which is really all that Batman does. He finds a way to beat them, which is logical, and yet you refuse to believe it because he is merely a man compared to alien gods. With attitudes like this it makes me take the side of Lex Luthor. Do you really have so little faith in humanity that we are the weakest possible species in the universe? Batman wins because he is the epitome of human achievement, something that no living man can compare themselves with. Bruce Wayne has devoted the majority of his life to reaching perfection; Clark Kent flies around never questioning his omnipotence. It seems to me that anyone with that much devotion should be able to outwit the overconfident demigod.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By TheCrowbar

The second Batman loses he dies.

He has nothing supernatural about him to bring him back.

And if anyone did anything to bring him back it lessens the character. Which is why I loved that Bruce died to and Dick became Batman. Which is why I hate that the bullet sent him through time. I love the notion that Batman is racing against a clock, eventually he will screw up and he will die. Comic writers forget that.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BatteredArmor

@TheCrowbar said:

The second Batman loses he dies.

He has nothing supernatural about him to bring him back.

And if anyone did anything to bring him back it lessens the character. Which is why I loved that Bruce died to and Dick became Batman. Which is why I hate that the bullet sent him through time. I love the notion that Batman is racing against a clock, eventually he will screw up and he will die. Comic writers forget that.

IT's not so much forgotten as much as it is delayed indefinitely and that applies to more than Batman and it applies more than just to DC. Batman is never going to make that fatal mistake or at the very least he won't die from it arguably he's made what should be that fatal mistake several times, Superman is never going to fly off to explore space and leave whatever kryptonian he feels most worthy in his stead, Wonder Woman will never give up heroing to rule the Amazons, Captain America will never make the ultimate sacrifice for the greater good or at the very least he'll come back everytime he does, Thor will never become high father and leave heroing behind and Iornman will never drink himself into an early grave. The main trilogy, the big time, the icons on any and all sides are immortal, they will never die because there are infinite stories to tell about them and more importantly because there is no money to be made in keeping them dead. As insane as the things writers have had Batman do are no one has forgotten hes just human and no writer worth their pay ever will but whether or not he is human or whether or not he can die from falling off a building or taking a bullet through the brain is irrelevant because Batman and every other of the few characters that are truly on his level are indefinitely immortal. And in my opinion for good reason. Having Batman make that fatal mistake lessens the character and the industry mire than bringing him back ever could and it is for that reason that Batman will not die

Completely unrelated to my main point but I hate Dick Grayson as Batman, I think dick is awesome and absolutely Kicks @$$, but I always felt being Batman was detrimental to his character and to his purpose

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

YOU LIKE GEOFF JOHNS' HAL 

Point won.  

@Primmaster64 said:

You do have a point.  But yeah, its more the fans than the character that pi$$ me off. Batfans are even worse than Storm fans.  ( Don't diss me!!!)

You deserve to be dissed, that's a dumb comment. You just think a person liking Batman is a slight against you. 
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Billy Batson

Silence.
    BB

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#23  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @RainEffect said:
    @SuperShafe said:

Thor fans are worse than both
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Jotham

I agree that writers do seem to exaggerate Batman's prowess as compared to Superman, but I think that's mostly just insecurity on their parts. Batman is so completely outclassed by Superman that they probably think they have to power him up, or power down Superman to compensate. That is pretty dumb. People don't like Batman because he can beat Superman.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cattlebattle
    @sesquipedalophobe said:

I don't know. Deadpool fans take the cake, what with his character being the equivalent of early Daffy Duck.

This is officially the greatest comment I have ever read
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By RainEffect
    @spiderbat87 said:
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @RainEffect said:
    @SuperShafe said:

Really? I haven't met any bad Thor fans. Granted, I don't pay attention to any Battle threads that involve Thor.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By Gambit1024

@RainEffect said:

@SuperShafe said:

I'm with you guys. I actually used to be a fan of her before I used this site.

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BloodTalon

@SuperShafe said:

I agree with this I have to try really hard not to hate her because of them

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#29  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @RainEffect said:
    @spiderbat87 said:
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @RainEffect said:
    @SuperShafe said:

Really? I haven't met any bad Thor fans. Granted, I don't pay attention to any Battle threads that involve Thor.
    Theres crazy Thor fans that think he should be juggling solar systems and taking down one above all, they think he should be the most powerful character ever and it's these fans that make me really detest the character 
    Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Skunkstein

One does not simply hate the Batman!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By entropy_aegis

@jointron33 said:

Ever since Batman's wife, a.k.a. Frank Miller penned the overrated and badly aged "The Dark Knight Returns", DC and comic fans have had two almost universal obsessions: Making Batman look good and making characters such as Superman look weak and stupid. Illogical story lines featuring rampant Batwanker-dom, such as Batman defeating The JLA singlehandedly, Superman/Batman constantly revolving around weakening Superman and using kryptonite, and similar treatment in Superman: The Animated Series where Bruce Timm had his lover The Joker dancing around as Superman was affected by Kryptonite. I dont care if I'm rambling, I'm just tired of seeing Batman always winning, seeing crap like All-Star Batman and Robin, and seeing Batgod fanboys like Bruce Timm and Frank Miller getting work. Oh god I hope I piss people off.

When has Batman defeated the JLA singlehandedly?

K-nite was/is used by many,it's Supermans weakness.

Superman/Batman revolves around Superman looking weak? uh... I'm not sure what you have been reading but that series wanks both characters to unbelievable levels.It's the villains who get downplayed there(cough Darkseid cough).

The orignal BTAS and STAS watered down both characters,Superman was owned by rockets and mini guns.It had nothing to do with the Joker,likewise Batman struggled against thugs in BTAS,Harvey Dent KO'd him with a single kick for gods sakes.

Miller and Timm are legends,I'm not much of a Miller fan but their contribution is valuable.

Batman wins because he's a hero,it's not like he sleeps his way to victories.He had a brutal fight with Nobody and was getting butchered by the COO,Bane seems to be handing him his ass in TDK.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Primmaster64
    @BlackArmor: Sorry...I meant ignorant fans....Forgive me? :D
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Primmaster64: There shall be no forgiveness, only retribution, feel the mighty bat fan punch.....just wait for it to load.....curse the limitations of the internet and the inability t strike ones foes through the web.........okay you're forgiven for lack of a suitable alternative.

As long as it is recognized that Comic Vine Storm fans are the worst fan boys in existence, and that their is no rival to the title

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By ReVamp

LOL.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Primmaster64
    @BlackArmor:
    No Caption Provided
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Primmaster64: Lol, Remember though you are only forgiven until violence is possible over the internet.Wait what does that picture come from *looks up movie*........... I may have found something worse than Storm fans o_o

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Primmaster64
    @BlackArmor: LOL why?
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Primmaster64: It's a movie about Jim Carrey only being able to say yes, which I imagine is how he gets signed on to movies like these. I really think I would rather argue why Thor would beat Storm to a Storm fan than watch this movie.......but I can't be sure unless I watch it so I find myself in a delima

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39  Edited By MrDirector786

@spiderbat87 said:

@Primmaster64 said:
    @RainEffect said:
    @SuperShafe said:

You are all wrong. G-Whiners are the worst. They need to wake up and accept that their precious G1 is not the best Transformers show ever made.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#40  Edited By RedOwl_1

Sometimes he's overpowered (even if he has no powers) but not so much to hate he? C'me on HE'S BATMAN!!!!

But this's the threat that has the best comments I have ever seen

@cattlebattle said:

@sesquipedalophobe said:

This is officially the greatest comment I have ever read

Yeah definitely

@Primmaster64 said:

@BlackArmor:
    No Caption Provided

Bravo, exactly what I was thinking about that comment.

@Primmaster64 said:

Sir. you have hurt my feelings BADLY

@RainEffect said:

@SuperShafe said:

NOTHING... nothing... nothin...

spectre108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By spectre108

@jointron33 said:

Making Batman look good and making characters such as Superman look weak and stupid. Illogical story lines featuring rampant Batwanker-dom, such as Batman defeating The JLA singlehandedly

Thank You! I've been making this argument for some time now! It doesn't make sense to have story-lines where Batman beats up Superman seeing how Superman is one of the most powerful characters in the DCU.

Makes no sense.
    Makes no sense.
    Makes no sense.
    Makes no sense.
    TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @spiderbat87 said:
    @RainEffect said:
    @spiderbat87 said:
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @RainEffect said:
    @SuperShafe said:

Theres crazy Thor fans that think he should be juggling solar systems and taking down one above all, they think he should be the most powerful character ever and it's these fans that make me really detest the character 
    lol xD I've never heard any Thor fan say anything that outrageous before. Link?
    Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Onemoreposter

@entropy_aegis said:

@jointron33 said:

When has Batman defeated the JLA singlehandedly?

K-nite was/is used by many,it's Supermans weakness.

Superman/Batman revolves around Superman looking weak? uh... I'm not sure what you have been reading but that series wanks both characters to unbelievable levels.It's the villains who get downplayed there(cough Darkseid cough).

The orignal BTAS and STAS watered down both characters,Superman was owned by rockets and mini guns.It had nothing to do with the Joker,likewise Batman struggled against thugs in BTAS,Harvey Dent KO'd him with a single kick for gods sakes.

Miller and Timm are legends,I'm not much of a Miller fan but their contribution is valuable.

Batman wins because he's a hero,it's not like he sleeps his way to victories.He had a brutal fight with Nobody and was getting butchered by the COO,Bane seems to be handing him his ass in TDK.

Well said.

Yeah, Thor fans...but I haven't been around that long yet.

Sounds like the new 52 is for you. Check out JLA in particular. Geoff Johns and you are on the same page when it comes to Batman.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44  Edited By Kallarkz

@Spectre108

You are taking those scans out of context and I am pretty sure you know that.

I like Batman, could careless what his fans say, I read what I enjoy and leave it at that.

If i were to allow peoples opinions, bad writing on some of his books and the "amount" of people that like him to affect my opinion.....I would have a full time job changing my likes and dislikes based upon this ever changing world.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MrDirector786

@TheGoldenOne:

There was one guy who tried to say Regular Thor is more powerful than Pre-Crisis Darkseid because he's taken on Celestials before. That thread got deleted though because the mod and everyone else viewed it as a massive mismatch in Darkseid's favor.

cracker_jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cracker_jack

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Respect. Bump.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @MrDirector786: I see. But that was one fanboy and one incident.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MrDirector786

@TheGoldenOne said:

@MrDirector786: I see. But that was one fanboy and one incident.

Yeah, that was the only time I've ever seen anyone overrate him that much. I've never seen anyone say he could take on TOAA or anything.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Why So Serious?

JOKERCATEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JOKERCATEXE

@The Stegman: That's my line!

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.