Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23633 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

I don't understand how Batman can't beat superman

• 96 results
    Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is a stupid thread. bat fanboys at their finest

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hate this topic.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a way to delete these threads so they won't keep getting revived?

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is an old topic but but going to weight in anyway. While Batman might be able to replicate Barry's powers(Why not? Barry did it himself in flashpoint.) and he might be able to get Zatanna to teach him a few spells, it wouldn't really be Batman anymore. The way Batman needs to win is through his intelligence.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher said:

You revived this thread and complain about others doing the same, what it means you are part of the problem.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You revived this thread and complain about others doing the same, what it means you are part of the problem.

No Caption Provided

It was on the front page of the forum. I'd say it had already been revived.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

No Caption Provided

It was on the front page of the forum. I'd say it had already been revived.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

kevin1671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is going to kill batman simply because D.C. has not made a justice league fuck super powers, in this situations

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@hihiip201:

Batman shouldnt never get powers, the essence of Batman is he is normal guy with normal gadgets fightning crime and evem be able to compete with others heroes and superheroes. Batman´s mind follows logic and even fightning agaisnt magical threaths, he rellies on logic and Magic users like Zatanna. Even if Batman got any kind powers, he would need to control them and that would take years, even with Speed Force, the only Flash that could fully control Speed Force was Bary Allen. Plus dont Forget that Superman is very smart hero and personal friend of Batman, he knows how to conterattack his own weakness and knows Batman´s weakness.

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By nightwing817

The only way I see Batman being able to win would be manufacturing se kind of kryptonite gun that he can shoot at superman, that has lock on capabilities and is fired automatically when superman is anywhere near earth. Otherwise superman can just speed blitz him and instantly kill him. It's a good thing they're friends lol

GenuineBadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Kryptonian Bullet would easily kill Superman which batman can create. Though it would be hard to aim...

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@vitalius: Batman's weakness? you mean being human

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth:

The man inside of suit, Bruce Wayne is Batman´s weakness because he still just "ordinary" human.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By westy206

With the logic being shown here almost any super hero mentioned in threads "with prep" can duplicate most people's powers. This is obserd it alike saying who wins between Black Cat and Luke Cage, everyone knows Luke would win but with prep Black cat could have the same experiment done to her and learn the way of the iron fist and drink a similar formula to the Sentry.

It's not what they could do, it's what they would do is what you should be thinking.

I can't imagine Batman admitting that he's not up for the job and trying to get super powers.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: Ok first Bruce and Batman arnt two differant people so i have no idea what your getting at and second being Human isnt a weakness its a disadvantage

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@EpitomeofCool said:

batfanboys were always the worst but nowadays they are at an all time high...just wait till tdkr comes out >_>......

You've clearly never ventured onto the Storm boards.

LOL!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth:

Well some people think that Batman is the real person and not Bruce. I was talking about human side of Batman being his weakness, the little boy that lost his parents, the man that decide to defeat any crime and clean his city.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: thats not a weakness thats where Batman gets his stregth. from at the moments he wants to quit he remembers that moment and his promise and he continues to fight

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By kgb725

@vitalius: So we're just going to skip over Darkseid

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@madeinbangladesh: Superman is nowhere near god level.

In comparison with everyday humans and metahumans, yes he is actually.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SilverPool

But what I don't understand is , can't Batman just investigate how Flash got his power and just do it on himself? also , isn't superman also vulnerable to magic? so can't batman find some sort of magic spells of some sort and encounter superman with them?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/85839/1902696-flashpoint2e_flash_burned_dont_try_this_at_home.jpg
    I think I know how that would turn out.

Can you imagine Batman fighting Superman with magic spells? He'd just request magic weapons from WW or get some help from Captain Marvel if he wants to use magic. He doesn't go to Hogwarts, lol.

With some Kryptonite and a magic sword Batman could have a chance against a weakened Superman.
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11113/111138490/3487557-kingdom+come+superman+002.jpg

After all magic weapons can cut him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I still dont think so because he has weaknesses and gods don't. Gods also have some type of supernatural control over things, for example, how Thor can control the earth and its weather, or how Greek gods had control over their realm. That is godly power. Superman is just a superhuman, he doesnt have godly powers like that. He can really just be thought of as an advanced human, as he doesnt have godlike powers or control. He doesnt have to power to create life and cant control anything outside of what he can with his strength. Also, no one calls on him to give them strength, like Wonder Woman does to Hera, because he cant give anyone any powers, and he isnt a god. And as such, he is beatable and batman can do it

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#77  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@farkam said:

@jayc1324 said:

No one knows what level god is or even if he exists, so he is god level

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@farkam: I still dont think so because he has weaknesses and gods don't. Gods also have some type of supernatural control over things, for example, how Thor can control the earth and its weather, or how Greek gods had control over their realm. That is godly power. Superman is just a superhuman, he doesnt have godly powers like that. He can really just be thought of as an advanced human, as he doesnt have godlike powers or control. He doesnt have to power to create life and cant control anything outside of what he can with his strength. Also, no one calls on him to give them strength, like Wonder Woman does to Hera, because he cant give anyone any powers, and he isnt a god. And as such, he is beatable and batman can do it

I'm not saying he is a God.

@madeinbangladesh said:

@farkam said:

@jayc1324 said:

No one knows what level god is or even if he exists, so he is god level

I have no idea what you mean by this, and what it has to do with what I wrote.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: from what you said, i thought that that is what you were saying sorry if i misunderstood.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725:

ok i didnt know that but usally he doesnt use guns depends on writers.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Superman is stronger than many so called "gods", as seen by his thrashing of Apollo recently.....can Batman beat him? Yes he can. Luthor has done it before and he isn't super-powered either. However, when you think about it It does stretch belief. I mean supes can see through almost anything, hear things miles off, move faster than a bullet and is invulnerable to anything other than kryptonite, red son radiation or magic...so if he keeps his wits about him he should be able to take out Batman before bats has blinked!

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Batman would never beat Superman in a fight. However, I believe he is smart enough to set a trap for Superman and defeat him that way.

This, unless the trap involves heavy use of Red Solar Radiation, which would be very *cough* cinematic (listening Warner Bros?).

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Batman is just gonna go out and turn himself into The Flash-Warlock.

theodixon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#86  Edited By theodixon9

I think it's possible for Batman to beat Superman, with prep. Here are some ideas on how:

• The obvious choice of object to use against Superman is Kryptonite. However, instead of using the green type, why not use a different version like gold, blue (I heard, it's said to be the most dangerous type of Kryptonite in New 52) or X-Kryptonite.
    • Red solar radiation is another way that is often used to fight Superman.
    • Although it would probably take Batman years to learn how to use magic, he has a few friends in the mystical community who could lend him some supernatural weaponry.
    • I'm not sure if this is possible, but Batman could play a high-frequency noise that only super powered ears can hear. It could act like a mosquito alarm and distract, or hurt, Superman.
    • Instead of creating new gadgets to beat the Man of Steel, Batman could steal some technology, as he is a master of stealth. I'm sure Lex Luthor has some nifty machines for defeating Superman, so why go to all the trouble of creating them yourself?
    • Teleporting or using a boom tube to transport Superman to another dimension or a planet where there is no yellow sun is another possibility. However, Batman would have to lore Superman into the teleporter which could be tricky.
    • Batman could use Superman's enemies against him. I'm sure neither would mind teaming up if it was essential for success and, although some villains like Lex would be too narcissistic to work well with the Dark Knight, baddies like Parasite or Metallo could be manipulated into helping out Batman and would add a little extra brawn to work with the Caped Crusader's brain.
    • Instead of trying to beat Superman just by damaging his body, Batman could defeat the Man of Steels' mind. From what I can see, Superman is quite an emotional character and might be distracted while fighting his long-time friend. However, if Batman believes his opponent is doing something wrong then this isn't a problem and he even threw a batterang at Jason Todd's neck because the former Robin threatened to kill the Joker. This tactic would have to be used with something else, but it could increase Batman's likelihood of success.
    • The Insider Suit could be used, with another tactic, to achieve success.

Superman's speed blitzing could be a problem. However, I think Superman has too much sentimental value for Batman to do that. As well as this, I don't think Batman would be the one to engage in the fight so Superman would have to spend time looking for Batman as he's not going to be out in the open. The Insider Suit could also be a help due to it's Speed Force capabilities. Another point, I'm not sure how fast Superman can accelerate, which could be a factor.

As a Batman fan, I prefer it when Batman wins. However, even I admit Superman would be the probable winner more often than not.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing is impossible specially in comic books.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Valdemocnij

with his great power... - intelligence

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Logically, if Superman wanted him dead, Batman would be dead.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Eternal19

it all depends on who the writer wants to win. comics make absolutely no sense if you think about it. batman can get his arse kicked by Mr.freeze, but because he has this power called popularity he can somehow take on people who are way above his usual conflicts.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Batman would lose but, if someone was to take him down it would be him. That being said, it's pretty stupid thinking a human can stand against a guy whos punches can rock the planet...and then some.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Eternal19

@conradoaccorsi: I agree that popularity effects all popular characters. I just used batman because he's the one who gets it the most. but I disagree that realism should stay out of comics. without realism comics would have even more continuity errors, PIS moments, and idiotic feats that hurt the overall quality of a story. if we got rid of realism we might as well bring back all those stupid silver age comics that make no sense. I hate the fact that based on popularity alone characters like bats and superman constantly have to go hthrough all these continuity errors and PIS moments just for some fan service.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I know. but batman will fall eventually. there is only so much of one thing that people can take before it grows stale.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: Sorry but thats BS what is important is the character and their motovations and long as they are strong you can make stories for eternity and they wouldnt get stale the simple proof is that batman is 75 years old and still writers are coming up with fresh and new ideas for him not to mention that the popularity of his character is what drove the DCU to become a darker place and the heros characterzation to become darker so as long as people still desire dark mature stories Batman isnt going any where and he certainly isnt going to fall

ajnesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By ajnesh

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.