Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23634 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

I don't understand how Batman can't beat superman

• 96 results
    hihiip201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hihiip201

I have been browsing through the forums and I think the Result of Batman (With prep) vs Superman is that superman would stomp Batman because He'd be killed before he even begin to use kryptonite sinec Supe is too fast for him.

But what I don't understand is , can't Batman just investigate how Flash got his power and just do it on himself? also , isn't superman also vulnerable to magic? so can't batman find some sort of magic spells of some sort and encounter superman with them?

Same for other Batman vs threads.

so ya im just curious?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine

YAWN.

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Adnan

Replicating Flash's power origin is risky, since it...you know, involves taking a bolt of lightning...

And magic doesn't really seem to be Batman's thing. And before you or someone else says it (because someone always does), Superman isn't especially 'vulnerable' to magic per se, it's just that he's affected by it the same way as a normal person would be. Many people seem to think his 'magic vulnerability' = a damage multiplier to any magic attack or something.

edit: And yeah, welcome to comicvine dude!

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ReVamp

With Prep and a plan, in a non-Random Encounter whilst In-Character, Batman can win.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

So you're saying if Batman were the Flash he could take Superman? Wow you Batman fan boys are really getting into Storm fan boy territory now.

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By EpitomeofCool

batfanboys were always the worst but nowadays they are at an all time high...just wait till tdkr comes out >_>......

hihiip201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hihiip201

@joshmightbe: no the duplication of flash's power is just so he can equal superman in speed, because I heard a lot of people use the "Batman would be dead before he can use kryptonite " arguement.

And this also bring up another question, if he can duplicate flash's power, can't he do the same for other power that would make him a physical match to supe(or at least enough to survive supe's attack).

And since when does asking a gosh darn question make one a fanboy?

hihiip201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hihiip201

@Adnan: I see, ya I guess if batman gains super power or uses magic he won't really be the Batman we know.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Lvenger

First of all Barry gaining superspeed was an accident. It's highly unlikely that Batman would be able to replicate it and if he did, then he could just speedblitz Superman. There are plenty of threads on here that show why speedsters such as Wally West can defeat powerhouses such as Superman. I find it hard to wrap my head around sometimes but they're right. And secondly Batman is not adept in the art of sorcery nor would he wish to investigate it. He believes sorcery is simply a level of science that can't be understood as of yet. Besides using these methods would mean he wouldn't be beating Superman as Batman. He'd be beating him as a superpowered character.

hihiip201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hihiip201

@Lvenger: yup yup get it now, I think im getting how the vs threads work. thanks

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

Batman has already simulated the Speed Force as shown with the Insider suit, he needn't to go around getting blasted by lightning to do so.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lvenger

@hihiip201: I'm glad. Welcome to the Vine by the way. If you're confused about anything else make sure to ask one of us or a mod. We're pretty knowledgeable on the workings of this site.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joshmightbe

@hihiip201: Oh so this is Superman vs Bat-Amazo. How is that better?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By John Valentine

@EpitomeofCool said:

batfanboys were always the worst but nowadays they are at an all time high...just wait till tdkr comes out >_>......

You've clearly never ventured onto the Storm boards.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lvenger

@Morpheus_: What's the deal with the Insider suit? I never read any of the return tie ins so I have no idea of its capabilities and when people start talking about it I have no idea what they're going on about. Do you know what abilities it granted Batman?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@Lvenger: Camouflage, invisibility, heat vision, GL energy mode, super speed, teleportation, electric manipulation, enhanced durability, and a few other exotic features he only used once or twice. The problem with the suit is that whenever one mode is utilized, it requires minutes to hours to recharge, so the resources are very much finite. If Batman put his mind to it to find a superior energy source, it could be a greater threat.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By joshmightbe

@Lvenger: It's Batman's PIS producing suit. Basically it can do anything the justice league can do and for some strange reason can do it better than the people with years of experience with using the powers.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@joshmightbe said:

@Lvenger: It's Batman's PIS producing suit. Basically it can do anything the justice league can do and for some strange reason can do it better than the people with years of experience with using the powers.

It is not, and it cannot.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#19  Edited By BatWatch

I think Batman could beat Superman simply with Kryptonite, but I think the variable there is that Superman's amount of weakness while exposed to Kryptonite varies greatly depending on who is writing the Superman title.

But in my opinion, Batman could stab a Kryptonite Dagger through his heart.

Getting Flash's powers would be ridiculously dangerous. Magic is also ridiculously dangerous, and I don't see Bruce messing with that stuff unless he had to...thought it would be cool to see a Wizard Batman as an Elseworlds book.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By KainScion

@John Valentine: lets not forget WW, superman (and any other kryptonian), any speedster from dc's blitz strikes. speed kills. oh and any power ring can 'take on anybody'. and last but not least wolverine's multiple appearances in books(noobody says shit about batman wink wink).

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EpitomeofCool

@John Valentine said:

@EpitomeofCool said:

You've clearly never ventured onto the Storm boards.

Ive seen it all.....

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm not trying to Hate on Batman I'm just sick of all the Bat-God threads

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By Deranged Midget

There's a certain extent that one can only handle with excessive fandom over a character.

hihiip201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hihiip201

@joshmightbe: I'm not saying he is a God, but what I didn't understand is that if he's so smart why can't he get his hands on magic or advance technology(or gain super power) to beat superman. but then again my question has been answered. He wouldn't be Batman if he did all those stuff.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Mbecks14

@John Valentine said:

YAWN.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By entropy_aegis

@joshmightbe said:

A PIS producing suit which eventually was losing to Ra's al Ghul,you sure you're not talking about Doomsday?@EpitomeofCool said:

You do realize TDKR will have him getting his ass kicked by Bane,so if anything they should be crying.

@KainScion said:

@John Valentine: lets not forget WW, superman (and any other kryptonian), any speedster from dc's blitz strikes. speed kills. oh and any power ring can 'take on anybody'. and last but not least wolverine's multiple appearances in books(noobody says shit about batman wink wink).

Please just GTFO.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Primmaster64

*Facepalm*

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By entropy_aegis

And I honestly dont understand why some people just want to downplay everything that Batman does as PIS,by that logic lets dismiss Doom and Reed as PIS too.

I have come across people on the battle forums who think Cap and Black Widow are more dangerous with prep than Batman,facepalm/.

It's not impossible for Batman to do what the OP has suggested,he has done it already.All he needs is a superior energy source which he has btw(Leviathan strikes).

Superman/Wonder Woman fans etc have become rather whiny,it's okay if Superman goes to the future,brings a plot device and uses it to sing Darkseid to death.But if Batman uses a little K-nite ITS PIS.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
    royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: K.I.S (Kryptonite Induced Stupidity): when Superman is on the receiving end of a beat-down.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lvenger

@Morpheus_: Thanks for the info. That does sound like a big threat. Why'd he build it in the first place?

@joshmightbe: Again thank you for responding. Lol at the PIS suit comment. If such a suit did exist in the comic books it would surely anger comic fans worldwide.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Lvenger said:

@Morpheus_: Thanks for the info. That does sound like a big threat. Why'd he build it in the first place?

@joshmightbe: Again thank you for responding. Lol at the PIS suit comment. If such a suit did exist in the comic books it would surely anger comic fans worldwide.

He built it cause...scratches head.He wanted to spy on the Batfamily to see how well they were doing in his absence,that's really it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lvenger

@entropy_aegis: So he didn't build it to act as a one man Justice League or anything like that? If Batman did find a suitable power source for the suit as Morpheus said then Bat fans would have a lot to gloat about if Batman had prep for a fight. He could just use the Insider suit to take everyone out. I know Batman prepares for everything but acting as a man JLA seems too much even for Bruce.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis: So he didn't build it to act as a one man Justice League or anything like that? If Batman did find a suitable power source for the suit as Morpheus said then Bat fans would have a lot to gloat about if Batman had prep for a fight. He could just use the Insider suit to take everyone out. I know Batman prepares for everything but acting as a man JLA seems too much even for Bruce.

Nope

and he's the goddamn Batman.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By John Valentine

@entropy_aegis said:

@KainScion said:

Please just GTFO.

What the hell is your problem? We clearly were not dissing Batman.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By entropy_aegis

@John Valentine said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@KainScion said:

Please just GTFO.

What the hell is your problem? We clearly were not dissing Batman.

Not you pal,it was addressed to him.This is'nt the first time,he just makes stupid comparisons and passes idiotic comments.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lvenger

@entropy_aegis: He makes sure that everyone knows it:

No Caption Provided
    Voodoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Voodoom

@hihiip201: I see it this way, on these boards powers are king,then feats. Comics come last for some reason.

I hold comics in a bit more esteem. Remember though that in his own comic in the Hush series, Batman admitted that if Clark used his powers at full capacity Batman would lose. Batman wins because Clark holds back and deep down is a nice person. Batman isn't.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Hazlenaut

This is not question of who would win. This is the possibility of victory. Batman has a possibility but it will take allot work and planning to defeat him but he has difficulty making sure he stays down without killing him, and even than it can only work once since he knows superman will find way to counter it the second time. This is one of the many reasons why he is overly paranoid.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Alexander505

Batman with a good plan can beat Superman,is a genius in tactics and strategy. Batman has a lot of kryptonite in his cave, then...he can.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Alexander505

Now, I have a question: why so many people underestimate Batman?

rpgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By rpgr

@Voodoom: The reason we don't always hold comics in esteem is because of PIS and the rule that the title character always wins. Power sets are different. Defined power sets helps to eliminate PIS and outlier showings (too strong or too weak) otherwise we have to accept NY cops > Thanos.

Some writers are also awful at writing certain characters (ex. Geoff Jones and Batman)

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By htb106

batman: I can beat superman, do you know why?

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ImmortalOne

Batman would never beat Superman in a fight. However, I believe he is smart enough to set a trap for Superman and defeat him that way.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By luckydomino1

he just can. dont question how he just can

Avatar image for diabolousspiritus
    DiabolousSpiritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The concept of Batman beating "the tar" out of Superman is just RETARDED,period!

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman vs batman both with prep, sups flys into the sun for a day comes down batman cant do shit

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diabolousspiritus: No. If you read some of the posts in the this thread you will see you are wrong

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

REALLY? Batman is H.U.M.A.N. Superman is pretty close to beaing a GOD.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

He uses Robin mighty powers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.