I don't understand how Batman can't beat superman

• 98 results
#1 Edited by hihiip201 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been browsing through the forums and I think the Result of Batman (With prep) vs Superman is that superman would stomp Batman because He'd be killed before he even begin to use kryptonite sinec Supe is too fast for him.

But what I don't understand is , can't Batman just investigate how Flash got his power and just do it on himself? also , isn't superman also vulnerable to magic? so can't batman find some sort of magic spells of some sort and encounter superman with them?

Same for other Batman vs threads.

so ya im just curious?

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

YAWN.

#3 Edited by Adnan (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

Replicating Flash's power origin is risky, since it...you know, involves taking a bolt of lightning...

And magic doesn't really seem to be Batman's thing. And before you or someone else says it (because someone always does), Superman isn't especially 'vulnerable' to magic per se, it's just that he's affected by it the same way as a normal person would be. Many people seem to think his 'magic vulnerability' = a damage multiplier to any magic attack or something.

edit: And yeah, welcome to comicvine dude!

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

With Prep and a plan, in a non-Random Encounter whilst In-Character, Batman can win.

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

So you're saying if Batman were the Flash he could take Superman? Wow you Batman fan boys are really getting into Storm fan boy territory now.

#6 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

batfanboys were always the worst but nowadays they are at an all time high...just wait till tdkr comes out >_>......

#7 Posted by hihiip201 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: no the duplication of flash's power is just so he can equal superman in speed, because I heard a lot of people use the "Batman would be dead before he can use kryptonite " arguement.

And this also bring up another question, if he can duplicate flash's power, can't he do the same for other power that would make him a physical match to supe(or at least enough to survive supe's attack).

And since when does asking a gosh darn question make one a fanboy?

#8 Posted by hihiip201 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan: I see, ya I guess if batman gains super power or uses magic he won't really be the Batman we know.

#9 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all Barry gaining superspeed was an accident. It's highly unlikely that Batman would be able to replicate it and if he did, then he could just speedblitz Superman. There are plenty of threads on here that show why speedsters such as Wally West can defeat powerhouses such as Superman. I find it hard to wrap my head around sometimes but they're right. And secondly Batman is not adept in the art of sorcery nor would he wish to investigate it. He believes sorcery is simply a level of science that can't be understood as of yet. Besides using these methods would mean he wouldn't be beating Superman as Batman. He'd be beating him as a superpowered character.

#10 Posted by hihiip201 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: yup yup get it now, I think im getting how the vs threads work. thanks

#11 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has already simulated the Speed Force as shown with the Insider suit, he needn't to go around getting blasted by lightning to do so.

#12 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

@hihiip201: I'm glad. Welcome to the Vine by the way. If you're confused about anything else make sure to ask one of us or a mod. We're pretty knowledgeable on the workings of this site.

#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@hihiip201: Oh so this is Superman vs Bat-Amazo. How is that better?

#14 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@EpitomeofCool said:

batfanboys were always the worst but nowadays they are at an all time high...just wait till tdkr comes out >_>......

You've clearly never ventured onto the Storm boards.

#15 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: What's the deal with the Insider suit? I never read any of the return tie ins so I have no idea of its capabilities and when people start talking about it I have no idea what they're going on about. Do you know what abilities it granted Batman?

#16 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Camouflage, invisibility, heat vision, GL energy mode, super speed, teleportation, electric manipulation, enhanced durability, and a few other exotic features he only used once or twice. The problem with the suit is that whenever one mode is utilized, it requires minutes to hours to recharge, so the resources are very much finite. If Batman put his mind to it to find a superior energy source, it could be a greater threat.

#17 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: It's Batman's PIS producing suit. Basically it can do anything the justice league can do and for some strange reason can do it better than the people with years of experience with using the powers.

#18 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@Lvenger: It's Batman's PIS producing suit. Basically it can do anything the justice league can do and for some strange reason can do it better than the people with years of experience with using the powers.

It is not, and it cannot.

#19 Posted by BatWatch (3086 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Batman could beat Superman simply with Kryptonite, but I think the variable there is that Superman's amount of weakness while exposed to Kryptonite varies greatly depending on who is writing the Superman title.

But in my opinion, Batman could stab a Kryptonite Dagger through his heart.

Getting Flash's powers would be ridiculously dangerous. Magic is also ridiculously dangerous, and I don't see Bruce messing with that stuff unless he had to...thought it would be cool to see a Wizard Batman as an Elseworlds book.

#20 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: lets not forget WW, superman (and any other kryptonian), any speedster from dc's blitz strikes. speed kills. oh and any power ring can 'take on anybody'. and last but not least wolverine's multiple appearances in books(noobody says shit about batman wink wink).

#21 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@EpitomeofCool said:

You've clearly never ventured onto the Storm boards.

Ive seen it all.....

#22 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not trying to Hate on Batman I'm just sick of all the Bat-God threads

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a certain extent that one can only handle with excessive fandom over a character.

#24 Posted by hihiip201 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I'm not saying he is a God, but what I didn't understand is that if he's so smart why can't he get his hands on magic or advance technology(or gain super power) to beat superman. but then again my question has been answered. He wouldn't be Batman if he did all those stuff.

#25 Posted by Mbecks14 (2029 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

YAWN.

#26 Edited by entropy_aegis (15445 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

A PIS producing suit which eventually was losing to Ra's al Ghul,you sure you're not talking about Doomsday?@EpitomeofCool said:

You do realize TDKR will have him getting his ass kicked by Bane,so if anything they should be crying.

@KainScion said:

@John Valentine: lets not forget WW, superman (and any other kryptonian), any speedster from dc's blitz strikes. speed kills. oh and any power ring can 'take on anybody'. and last but not least wolverine's multiple appearances in books(noobody says shit about batman wink wink).

Please just GTFO.

#27 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

*Facepalm*

#28 Edited by entropy_aegis (15445 posts) - - Show Bio

And I honestly dont understand why some people just want to downplay everything that Batman does as PIS,by that logic lets dismiss Doom and Reed as PIS too.

I have come across people on the battle forums who think Cap and Black Widow are more dangerous with prep than Batman,facepalm/.

It's not impossible for Batman to do what the OP has suggested,he has done it already.All he needs is a superior energy source which he has btw(Leviathan strikes).

Superman/Wonder Woman fans etc have become rather whiny,it's okay if Superman goes to the future,brings a plot device and uses it to sing Darkseid to death.But if Batman uses a little K-nite ITS PIS.

#29 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: K.I.S (Kryptonite Induced Stupidity): when Superman is on the receiving end of a beat-down.

#30 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: Thanks for the info. That does sound like a big threat. Why'd he build it in the first place?

@joshmightbe: Again thank you for responding. Lol at the PIS suit comment. If such a suit did exist in the comic books it would surely anger comic fans worldwide.

#31 Posted by entropy_aegis (15445 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Morpheus_: Thanks for the info. That does sound like a big threat. Why'd he build it in the first place?

@joshmightbe: Again thank you for responding. Lol at the PIS suit comment. If such a suit did exist in the comic books it would surely anger comic fans worldwide.

He built it cause...scratches head.He wanted to spy on the Batfamily to see how well they were doing in his absence,that's really it.

#32 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: So he didn't build it to act as a one man Justice League or anything like that? If Batman did find a suitable power source for the suit as Morpheus said then Bat fans would have a lot to gloat about if Batman had prep for a fight. He could just use the Insider suit to take everyone out. I know Batman prepares for everything but acting as a man JLA seems too much even for Bruce.

#33 Posted by entropy_aegis (15445 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis: So he didn't build it to act as a one man Justice League or anything like that? If Batman did find a suitable power source for the suit as Morpheus said then Bat fans would have a lot to gloat about if Batman had prep for a fight. He could just use the Insider suit to take everyone out. I know Batman prepares for everything but acting as a man JLA seems too much even for Bruce.

Nope

and he's the goddamn Batman.

#34 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@KainScion said:

Please just GTFO.

What the hell is your problem? We clearly were not dissing Batman.

#35 Posted by entropy_aegis (15445 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@KainScion said:

Please just GTFO.

What the hell is your problem? We clearly were not dissing Batman.

Not you pal,it was addressed to him.This is'nt the first time,he just makes stupid comparisons and passes idiotic comments.

#36 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: He makes sure that everyone knows it:

#37 Posted by Voodoom (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@hihiip201: I see it this way, on these boards powers are king,then feats. Comics come last for some reason.

I hold comics in a bit more esteem. Remember though that in his own comic in the Hush series, Batman admitted that if Clark used his powers at full capacity Batman would lose. Batman wins because Clark holds back and deep down is a nice person. Batman isn't.

#38 Edited by Hazlenaut (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not question of who would win. This is the possibility of victory. Batman has a possibility but it will take allot work and planning to defeat him but he has difficulty making sure he stays down without killing him, and even than it can only work once since he knows superman will find way to counter it the second time. This is one of the many reasons why he is overly paranoid.

#39 Posted by Alexander505 (2177 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman with a good plan can beat Superman, is a genius in tactics and strategy. Batman has a lot of kryptonite in his cave, then...he can.

#40 Posted by Alexander505 (2177 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, I have a question: why so many people underestimate Batman?

#41 Edited by rpgr (331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Voodoom: The reason we don't always hold comics in esteem is because of PIS and the rule that the title character always wins. Power sets are different. Defined power sets helps to eliminate PIS and outlier showings (too strong or too weak) otherwise we have to accept NY cops > Thanos.

Some writers are also awful at writing certain characters (ex. Geoff Jones and Batman)

#42 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

batman: I can beat superman, do you know why?

#43 Posted by ImmortalOne (3539 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would never beat Superman in a fight. However, I believe he is smart enough to set a trap for Superman and defeat him that way.

#44 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

he just can. dont question how he just can

#45 Posted by DiabolousSpiritus (1 posts) - - Show Bio

The concept of Batman beating "the tar" out of Superman is just RETARDED,period!

#46 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (610 posts) - - Show Bio

superman vs batman both with prep, sups flys into the sun for a day comes down batman cant do shit

#47 Posted by Jayc1324 (13503 posts) - - Show Bio

@diabolousspiritus: No. If you read some of the posts in the this thread you will see you are wrong

#48 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8073 posts) - - Show Bio

REALLY? Batman is H.U.M.A.N. Superman is pretty close to beaing a GOD.

#49 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12601 posts) - - Show Bio

He uses Robin mighty powers

#50 Posted by Jayc1324 (13503 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.