Hush!

#1 Posted by namtabmi (99 posts) - - Show Bio

So I picked up Batman: Hush last week and loved it. Hush is a fantastic character in my opinion and I find myself craving more hush stories.

Question is -- Which Hush stories are worth the read? If you can't recommend any books with Hush in them at least give me an alternative =]

#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

Hush is the only Hush story I've read. 
I've heard that it's also the only really good one. 

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad you liked it. It's one of my personal favorites.

The only other Hush story I remember is the one Paul Dini wrote. I don't remember the name of it but... google's your friend.

:P

#4 Edited by HushoftheWind (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Hush, well i dont hate Hush I just hate Jim Lee for taking my name. i've been using the Hush name since Phantasy Star Online on Dreamcast and one year later, herp-a-derp, Jim Lee makes an amazing mini series called Hush. I hope to goodness they don't break him back in the new 52.

#5 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Hush,wish he was used more though.

#6 Posted by torrenter (11 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i like him too, someone on the forums mentioned it was pretty dumb how he hated bruce because his parents were dead and his (hush's) were still alive? i have to agree thats pretty dumb, but if you can get past that his stories are great! I cant remember which one hush is exactly. but i know there are ones where he's locked up in the wayne house and somehow escapes and takes on bruce waynes identity and that goes on for awhile...like someone else mentioned try googling it. i think all stories i read of his were definitely enjoyable...so...have fun!

#7 Posted by havoc1201 (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Heart of Hush is another story which really shows how Bruce and Selina care for each other and is a pretty good Hush story.

#9 Posted by The_Tree (7990 posts) - - Show Bio

Heart of Hush, Hush Money, and House of Hush are all great Hush stories. Paul Dini really knows the character and does him great justice.

#10 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: Nothing more to add here...

#11 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

nice! lookig forward to him! I could imagine Scott Snyder making a Hush arc in Batman! how awesome would that be

#12 Posted by entropy_aegis (15470 posts) - - Show Bio

@namtabmi said:

So I picked up Batman: Hush last week and loved it. Hush is a fantastic character in my opinion and I find myself craving more hush stories.

Question is -- Which Hush stories are worth the read? If you can't recommend any books with Hush in them at least give me an alternative =]

There's aren't any excluding Heart of Hush,House of Hush is a drag and Hush Returns is absolute garbage.It's all a matter of perspective though,once you've read enough Batman stories you'll look back and find Hush(both story and character) mediocre.

#13 Posted by Saren (25133 posts) - - Show Bio

Hush is the only Hush story worth reading, and it's not even worth reading for Hush.

#14 Posted by entropy_aegis (15470 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Hush is the only Hush story worth reading, and it's not even worth reading for Hush.

LOL.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.