Huge BATMAN INC #8 Spoilers Officially Released

• 161 results
#151 Posted by TheCannon (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a God!

THANK YOU!!!

#152 Posted by MuyJingo (1346 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheldipez said:

RIP little fella (for as long as it lasts), It'd be nice if someone from comicvine could get a comment from Tomasi on what's happening with the Batman & Robin series.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43937 Interview with Tomasi

#153 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

@gotwillpower said:

I don't know if this was all the DC editors' idea or not, but wtf

It would have been much more dramatic if Damian died in Death of the Family. Instead, he dies in Batman Inc, which I haven't even been reading. Dog !@#$ing #$%@! it.

But Damian was created by Morrison and has been crucial to his story, so it makes sense that he kills him of. Plus also by the sounds of things it was planned from the moment he was created.

What!???? Whyyyyyy did he do that! I love Damian!

In that case though, I feel much better about it.

#154 Posted by Wowlock (173 posts) - - Show Bio

Soo all the ''future'' indications and such ...and we get this. Well I suppose I kinda knew this wouldn't last for long. Comic editors hate to have long term ties and want to cut it out as soon as possible.

We also know that NOONE is safe from the ''boost sales'' resurrection though...soo there.

#155 Posted by Mercy_ (92074 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotwillpower said:

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

@gotwillpower said:

It would have been much more dramatic if Damian died in Death of the Family. Instead, he dies in Batman Inc, which I haven't even been reading. Dog !@#$ing #$%@! it.

But Damian was created by Morrison and has been crucial to his story, so it makes sense that he kills him of. Plus also by the sounds of things it was planned from the moment he was created.

Take a look at this interview right here.

#156 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotwillpower said:

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

@gotwillpower said:

I'm still not happy about it but if anyone's doing it it should be him

#157 Posted by SavageDragon (2161 posts) - - Show Bio

Read the issue folks, lets see what happens.

#158 Posted by Mercy_ (92074 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrrison's been planning his death for about seven years. This wasn't the editor's idea.

#159 Posted by SupBatz (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lorrie said:

All this should teach anyone is that it's pointless to get invested in any DC character that was created less than 50 years ago. I honestly don't care if Morrison always planned to kill Damian, it's an incredibly cynical move. Once he became a hit with audiences, why not leave him in the sandbox for other writers? It's selfish. If DC had any sense they'd undo it as quickly as Marvel retconned Magneto being Xorn, but Didio does hate legacy characters so the death could stick. It's not even an original idea. I remember when Jason died. It will create short-term controversy at the cost of removing a genuinely entertaining character from the canvas.

You are my hero.

#160 Posted by sheldipez (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@MuyJingo: Cheers! The "all silent" issue sounds great.

#161 Posted by mhanuroth (208 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lorrie: So the writer of harry potter is selfish because he doesn t let anyone to write about his character. Or all the other writers are selfish for that. Morrison write him he can do whatever he wants with it because he is his idea. you should been praising him because he created that character and you should honor his death if you liked the character

#162 Posted by Lorrie (27 posts) - - Show Bio

What are you talking about? Rowling owns Harry Potter. Morrison does not own Damian. He created him for DC comics. Unless Morrison has a unique contract, DC owns the character. It's selfish to kill off a character that adds a lot to the mythos just because he doesn't want anyone writing him after he leaves the Bat books. If every creator did that, we'd never have any new long-term characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.