Huge BATMAN INC #8 Spoilers Officially Released

• 161 results
#51 Posted by sheldipez (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnkmccubbin91: "As far I'm concerned, Damian Wayne is as dead as Thomas and Martha." that sounds more than a little dead to me

#52 Posted by conradoaccorsi (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnny_spam: Exactly what i thought

#53 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheldipez: But what happens if he's not fully dead. There are still 3 or 4 issues after this one and Batman's going to have his morality tested. I think that he will be toying whether to pay the ultimate price to bring Damian back from the dead. Just my thought. Plus I don't want to believe that he's going to die, or at least on a permanent basis.

#54 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as its not Harper Row being the replacement.

#55 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark_Guyver said:

As long as its not Harper Row being the replacement.

That would suck

#56 Posted by sheldipez (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnkmccubbin91: With DC sending press releases out saying that "Look here. We're killing Robin off" I dont think they'd bring him back in a few month, even by comics standards thats hardly long enough to get used to the fact. Give it a year at least and the little fella will be back from the dead.

#57 Posted by cacarl (138 posts) - - Show Bio

If you read the solicitude of B&R, then you already knew this was going to happen. Now I want to see what Jason will tell Bruce about this.

#58 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheldipez: Fair point. Although I don't like the idea of him dying I think it should be a while, as there are too many comic deaths that are changed soon. Look at Jason he was dead for years and that really help his character development.

#59 Posted by Lvenger (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's not true but if anyone were to perform said spoiler, I'd trust Morrison to do it over any other writer

#60 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio
Just, just don't replace him with Harper Row, that'd piss me off. She sucks.Just, just don't replace him with Harper Row, Just, just don't replace him with Harper Row, that'd piss me off. She sucks.Just, just don't replace him with Harper Row, Just, just don't replace him with Harper Row, that'd piss me off. She sucks.Just, just don't replace him with Harper Row, Just, just don't replace him with Harper Row, that'd piss me off. She sucks.Just, just don't replace him with Harper Row
#61 Edited by sheldipez (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: Not a Harper Row fan then?

#62 Posted by Lvenger (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: Snyder has some role for Harper Row in the New 52. I agree she wouldn't make a good Robin based on her lack of physical prowess but I'd take her over boring Stephanie Brown any day. Plus with her computer and electronic skills, I see her as a potential New 52 Oracle (not the cosmic one in Superman though)

#63 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison did say at the start, Batman inc was going to be written as a tragedy. Is this even real? I...can't believe this news. :(

#64 Posted by JonesDeini (3619 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fine with this. Honestly there was really no other way I saw this ending. Especially if you've read Morrison's entire body of bat work up til now. I trust Morrison to properly send kiddo off and personally I've never found spoilers to ruin a story for me. People really ought to stop throwing HOEmotional bitch fits about it. It's the world we will in now. Deal with it or stay off of forums/news sites. Anyways, it's all about the journey not the destination.

#65 Edited by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@JamesKM716: Snyder has some role for Harper Row in the New 52. I agree she wouldn't make a good Robin based on her lack of physical prowess but I'd take her over boring Stephanie Brown any day. Plus with her computer and electronic skills, I see her as a potential New 52 Oracle (not the cosmic one in Superman though)

Good idea, I'd like that (Harper Row). I liked Stephanie as a character, but not as Robin, and I was glad when she was fired. Would like her introduced as Spoiler though as I liked her as that character.

#66 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

who is gonna be robin?

batman and robin 20 was meant to be the biggest batman and robin story for decades

#67 Posted by TDK_1997 (14397 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Morrison isn't talking seriously but I am just hoping here.

#68 Posted by The Stegman (22715 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheldipez: Not at all.

@Lvenger: Yeah I'd actually be fine with that one; she seems suited towards it.

#70 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32078 posts) - - Show Bio

Bye bye Damian 

Hello Harper Row

#71 Posted by Lvenger (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnkmccubbin91: Spoiler was Stephanie's own identity so I'd be fine with her as Spoiler. And it's not my idea, I pinched it from around teh Internet. It seems like the most plausible reason why Snyder's introduced Harper Row.

@JamesKM716: That's what I thought as well. She has the brains but not the brawn to be Robin IMO.

#72 Posted by Green_Tea_Light (67 posts) - - Show Bio

This was obviously intended since Batman and Son. The character has come full circle. This could be a very fitting ending.

#73 Posted by TheCommissar (143 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by sheldipez (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCommissar: No one has commented about the future of the B&R series but Damian is dying in Batman Inc. as Grant Morrison created the character and he's intended to kill him off for years.

#75 Posted by wessaari (621 posts) - - Show Bio

I really have a feeling that this is being done on purpose, it just seems to predictable and so upfront. I feel this is meant to trick people, and either his death will be faked, or he will come back in the final issue of the series

#76 Posted by NightFang (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Damian you had a good run kid.

#77 Posted by velvetmeds (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Bye bye Damian Hello Harper Row

Indeed.

#78 Posted by Herx (374 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus i dont think that the "Spoiler alert" heading is needed anymore, DC have put it up on their main site (comes up like a pop up straight away). But I'm still holding out for the issue, as another twist might be throw right at us (lil guy fakes his own death, throws away both names and adopts the name " Ibn Al Xu'ffasch" mebe? who knows).

#79 Posted by RedHush1 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

now that I saw this and looked at the solicit for Batman and Robin #20 I laughed my ass off.

#80 Edited by HushoftheWind (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheldipez said:

@TheCommissar: No one has commented about the future of the B&R series but Damian is dying in Batman Inc. as Grant Morrison created the character and he's intended to kill him off for years.

I said awhile back that if Damien dies then the Batman and Robin book will turn into a Batman: Brave and the Bold type of book instead Batman teaming up with his previous side kicks(Grayson, Todd, Drake) in various arcs or one shot stories. I think DC might go that direction

#82 Posted by saoakden (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, Damian is one of my favorite Robins. Nightwing is my favorite, Damian is either second or third favorite Robin depending on the day. & Jason is either my second or third favorite basically I like Jason and Damian equally. I loved Damian in the Batman and Robin Annual. He looks awesome. I'm also liking his development in Batman and Robin.

#83 Posted by TheCommissar (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@HushoftheWind said:

@sheldipez said:

I said awhile back that if Damien dies then the Batman and Robin book will turn into a Batman: Brave and the Bold type of book instead Batman teaming up with his previous side kicks(Grayson, Todd, Drake) in various arcs or one shot stories. I think DC might go that direction

I'm not big on Batman, but I could dig that.

#84 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: Morrison planned to kill off Damian way earlier than this.

#85 Posted by slade_wilson (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnny_spam: This man is a genius. Sir, give yourself a cookie.

#86 Posted by bob808 (6742 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#87 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Grants been planning it for years, at least hes the one doing it.

#88 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batnandez said:

@evilvegeta74: Morrison planned to kill off Damian way earlier than this.

I've been hearing that, and I totally dislike Morrison for doing this. Does this guy have the authority at Dc to pull the trigger on any character he chooses. I mean the guy has done a little damage to put it lightly on major characters at Dc. I hope they bring Damian back swiftly,I like the character. It's a shame what comics will do for sales.

#89 Posted by ALFMutant (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally,that would be the first move from Damian that will make him likable.

#90 Edited by knightofthechronicle (638 posts) - - Show Bio

See ya around kid

#91 Posted by thenexusrebound (239 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes sense why Jason and Damien were having a bonding moment in Redhood. It opens doors for a potential bonding and new mentor.

#92 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

On the one hand, if you've seen the leaked cover, it was pretty obvious Morrison would be taking this path, on the OTHER hand, there was mention of Damian working with Jason as Redbird and Wingman, in a Death of the Family wrap-up issue, so DotF has to take place after Batman Inc. right?

The worst part of this is having DC solicits for Batman #18 mention "fan-favorite character Harper Row." I don't know anyone who cares even the slightest about this character, and it feels like DC is trying to force another person into the Bat-Family. So if this spoiler is literally true, Morrison, and DC will be making a deliberate statement.

#93 Posted by mightypug78 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

D: D: this suuuuuuucks.

#94 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: listen to the kevin smith morrison podcast apparently dc said do whatever you want

#95 Posted by SupBatz (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

-.- Dang. I'm gonna miss Damian under Tomasi's pen.

#96 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batnandez said:

@evilvegeta74: listen to the kevin smith morrison podcast apparently dc said do whatever you want

The logic behind that statement baffles!

#97 Posted by mksystem74 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

When Batman Inc #1 came out there were hints (in news and articles) that what happens in this issue was going to happen down the road. We'll see how it all plays out in the coming months.

#98 Posted by War Killer (19854 posts) - - Show Bio

To those curious about the fate of BATMAN AND ROBIN...

The massive fallout from the recent events in BATMAN, INCORPORATED take Batman to the very limits of his sanity…will The Red Hood pull him back—or push him over the edge?

BATMAN AND ROBIN #20
#99 Posted by Loki9876 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

now, I'm angry! first time I was this angry about comic-related news but I shouldn't whine, I just liked him.

#100 Posted by mcbean (292 posts) - - Show Bio

This really sucks but I guess he will come back and end up with Red Hood that would be better than the outlaws.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.