How to reboot Batman with John Blake

#1 Posted by comicsanity016 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

http://bit.ly/SmVV51 Out of all the reboot options out there I think I'm most in favor of John Blake as Batman. It'd be a fresh new spin on the franchise and we won't be constantly comparing the new Batman to Bale's Bruce Wayne. It's a nice way to go at least for one film. If it is successful then continue with it and make it a trilogy, and if not, reboot again with Bruce Wayne. I hope WB takes the fans' support of John Blake seriously.

#2 Posted by ElGUitarist (29 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem is that there are some very confused people who think that Blake goes on to become Robin or Nightwing; people who didn't seem to understand the underlining point of an unkillable, beyond-just-a-man, incorruptible symbol that inspires and protects Gotham that ran throughout the trilogy. Even my old man, who barely knows a thing about Batman outside of the Nolan trilogy and TAS he used to watch with me as a kid, thought that RJB is the new Batman.

Batman got blown up by an atom bomb, yet comes right back to fight the next evil... THAT'S THE POINT of Batman in this trilogy.

The other problem... is that, in addition to this confusion that a few people have, the general audience might not be too keen on a Batman =/= Bruce movie. I'd think it's cool, but oh well.

I'd rather see it as an animated movie, because I think the ending was... the ending. What happens next in this world is a fragile thing to film.

#3 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11024 posts) - - Show Bio

BATMAN BEYOND MOVIE NOW!!!!!

Batman Beyond
Batman Beyond
Batman Beyond
Batman Beyond

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.