Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

How old are Batman villains ?

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Joker, Two-Face, Penguin, Kirk Langstrom, Hugo Strange, Catwoman... etc, any of them ? If anyone know that ?

Avatar image for perchance2dream
    Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Joker's age is impossible to pin down. Two-Face is in his 30's, Catwoman is probably in her late 20's to early 30's, and Hugo Strange is at least in his late 40's/mid-to-late 50's.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I'd say Penguin is in his late 50's. Kirk Langstrom is probably around his late 40's to early 50's. I know Ra's Al Ghul was stated to be over six hundred years old...

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre crisis Langstom was around Bruce age and Catwoman was 6 or7 years younger than Bruce.

Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz said:

Catwoman was 6 or7 years younger than Bruce.

Yup :P that's what I assumed. I based all those relative ages on Bats' age in the New 52. (Officially, he's been fighting crime for eight years, now, which should place him in his early thirties.)

selras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

What about riddler and Bane is there any info about their age in new 52

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@selras said:

What about riddler and Bane is there any info about their age in new 52

I don't think it's been stated how old they are exactly, but New 52 Riddler looks to be about Bruce's age. Give or take a few years.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz said:

Yup :P that's what I assumed. I based all those relative ages on Bats' age in the New 52. (Officially, he's been fighting crime for eight years, now, which should place him in his early thirties.)

He's officially 32, unless I'm mistaken.

Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: no, you're right! I forgot that I read that. But he's 33 by the end of Robin Rises, right? I believe he's still 32 in Batman proper...

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

@aahz said:

Seriously?!? Has that much time actually gone by in the New 52? Wow, fictional time flies :O

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perchance2dream said:

@battle_forum_junkie: no, you're right! I forgot that I read that. But he's 33 by the end of Robin Rises, right? I believe he's still 32 in Batman proper...

I haven't read Robin Rises but that makes sense. It would explain Damian's absence for the majority of the main Batman title.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I imagine that the Joker was born on the same day as Bruce.

Just because.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perchance2dream said:

@aahz said:

Seriously?!? Has that much time actually gone by in the New 52? Wow, fictional time flies :O

He acted as Batman for one year before the Justice League was formed. Then he spent 5 years with them before New 52 began. After that it's probably been 1-2 years in comic book time.

Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a60370ee1024
    deactivated-5a60370ee1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd have to say Joker is maybe in his late-30s, Two-Face is in his late-30s, Catwoman is in her mid-30s, Penguin is in his late-30s, Langstrom is probably in his early-40s, and Strange is in his mid-50s.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

I like to think of the Joker being unknown. Catwoman in her late 20's since she is a few years younger than Batman. Two-Face is somewhere in his 30's. I think Penguin would be in his 40's or 50's. Harley Quinn in her 20's. Ivy late 20's or early 30's. Same with Scarecrow though maybe mid 30's. Man-Bat probably the same as Two-Face. Ra's is super freaking old. Riddler would probably be the same age as Batman.

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about deathstroke? He has to be in his 40's right? Although I've heard the experiment he had on him slowed his aging

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman1130: Pre 52 he was probably at least in his late 40s in his first appearance and in his 50s at the End of the continuity, since he had sons that where around Nightwings age.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they are in their late 40's.

gattorocco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catwoman: Early 30's, Two-Face: Late 30's, Penguin: Mid 50's, Kirk Langstrom: Early 40's, Hugo Strange: Mid 50's, Bane: Mid 30's, Harley Quinn: Mid 20's to late 20's, Hush: Around the same age of Bruce Wayne, so late 30's to early 40's, Mr. Freeze: Early 40's to mid 40's, Poison Ivy: Mid 20's to late 20's, Scarecrow: Mid 40's, The Riddler: Late 30's to 42 probably

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.