How much longer for Katana?

#1 Posted by batshrine (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

So how long do you predict that they will keep Katana independent from Batman?

I predict by the 6th issue, cause sales are gonna get low. I also predict its gonna be big motivation since Beware the Batman is coming out.

#2 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she might get into the family.

#3 Posted by The_Tree (7973 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going issue 5.

#4 Posted by TDK_1997 (15085 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue 5 or 6.

#5 Posted by End_Boss (735 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be a while. The natural choice (Batwoman) has managed to remain out of Batman's shadow for her entire run so far. Granted, that wasn't entirely by choice, but still.

#6 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

I say 10, or 15.

(+)

#7 Posted by Exia009 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably a few issues. I'd say 5 to 10 issues. Sad part is, I would really like to avoid having so many Batbooks out... :/

#8 Posted by danhimself (22716 posts) - - Show Bio

after reading the first issue I'll be surprised if the book lasts long enough to make it into the Bat book...it'll get cancelled before that

#9 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8061 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm betting Issue 2 or 3.

#10 Posted by SupBatz (1855 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

after reading the first issue I'll be surprised if the book lasts long enough to make it into the Bat book...it'll get cancelled before that

My bet goes here. I want to like the book - Katana seems like a cool character with plenty of potential but the first issue really turned me off to her.

#11 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6540 posts) - - Show Bio

As the next big Batman story is Riddler based, I'm expecting there to be tie-ins with Bat-Family members having to solve a small riddle each. If sales get low, they could probably give her a boost with a Riddler tie-in.

I'd think that'd only be for close members, but I suppose she could be quite close by the time that happens.

#12 Posted by batshrine (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

As the next big Batman story is Riddler based, I'm expecting there to be tie-ins with Bat-Family members having to solve a small riddle each. If sales get low, they could probably give her a boost with a Riddler tie-in.

I'd think that'd only be for close members, but I suppose she could be quite close by the time that happens.

I believe Snyder confirmed that the Riddler arc actually will not be a cross over.

@danhimself said:

after reading the first issue I'll be surprised if the book lasts long enough to make it into the Bat book...it'll get cancelled before that

And I see your point, but to try to save it they are gonna bring her closer to Batman. Thats why I predict issue 6 cause thats when they will see sales trends aren't going to how they had hoped, and are gonna pull the Batman card.

#13 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6540 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

As the next big Batman story is Riddler based, I'm expecting there to be tie-ins with Bat-Family members having to solve a small riddle each. If sales get low, they could probably give her a boost with a Riddler tie-in.

I'd think that'd only be for close members, but I suppose she could be quite close by the time that happens.

I believe Snyder confirmed that the Riddler arc actually will not be a cross over.

@danhimself said:

after reading the first issue I'll be surprised if the book lasts long enough to make it into the Bat book...it'll get cancelled before that

And I see your point, but to try to save it they are gonna bring her closer to Batman. Thats why I predict issue 6 cause thats when they will see sales trends aren't going to how they had hoped, and are gonna pull the Batman card.

Oh. Fair enough. :)

#14 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6540 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine:Do you know where I could find his statement on that? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

#15 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm, issue 5 - 6 maybe

#16 Posted by Manbehindthewires (344 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue 5-6...by issue 7 it'll be renamed 'Batana' to further boost sales.

#17 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6540 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manbehindthewires said:

Issue 5-6...by issue 7 it'll be renamed 'Batana' to further boost sales.

People looking for a comic about batana boats will be so confused! o_O

I'd love to see Batman in one of these.
#18 Posted by Manbehindthewires (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose:haha I feel the Batana Boat community isn't adequately represented in comics...

#19 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6540 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manbehindthewires said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose:haha I feel the Batana Boat community isn't adequately represented in comics...

Very true. Perhaps we should hope for a series about Katana and Zatanna in their Magic Batana. :P

#20 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yung ANcient One said:

I say 10, or 15.

(+)

I will be amazed if Katana's own title lasts for 15 issues. I thought the opening issue was poor

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.