How long has anyone been a Batman fan?

#1 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

For me since i was 8 years old when Burton's first Batman movie came out, but before that i was more into other DC heroes like Superman, Swamp Thing, The Flash, Justice League, Aquaman and others including Watchmen. I was never into Batman cause he had no powers and he wasn't a monster either but thanks to watching 89's movie in theaters 7 times i became a fan of him as i learned you don't need cool powers or be a monster to be a superhero.

I had 89's merchandise from action figures with vehicles, backpack, lunchbox, movie magazine which i still own in mint condition, the comic adaptation, novel, t-shirts, CD soundtracks with both Prince and Elfman which i still own, cards (which i own in a album), mug, posters, watch, coloring books, Taco Bell cups and all that sort of thing. Ate the cereal as i had the bank too, got the movie on video with the NES game for christmas, collected the comics since especially Catwoman ones as i had a crush on her and taped/watched the 60's show religiously.

I even saw Batman Returns 6 times in theaters when i was 11 and loved it, i had the merchandise, still own the CD, cards which i have in an album as well, comic adaptation, movie magazine. Ate the cereal, had the VHS with SNES/NES games for christmas and taped/watched TAS religiously.

Nolan sure impressed the hell out of me with his brilliant reboot series.

#2 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever since I used to watch Batman: The Animated Series.

#3 Posted by TheOnlyRedHood (14 posts) - - Show Bio

same. although i did watch the Burton '89 Batman, i think the Animated Series is what got me hooked to the character

#4 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

im not that old im a teenager but the animated series got me started on batman

#5 Edited by MasterDetective (822 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

This.

@ratman19 said:

And this.

#6 Posted by JSH92 (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Since back when I watched Batman: The Animated Series with my brother when we were in elementary school.

#7 Posted by Sonata (6264 posts) - - Show Bio

Been a fan of his since the late 80's , but like most people it grew with the animated series.

#8 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Since I got memory? but otherwise I started with The Batman :D then I got by TAS and made me a huuuuge fan since then

@ratman19 said:

Exactly

#9 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as I can remember.

#10 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

In all honesty, I'm quite certain I've been a Batman fan forever. My dad was always really into Batman, and I was exposed to the character all my life.

#11 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Watching Batman TAS re runs in the early 2000's.

#12 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sonata oh how cool, wasn't seeing 89's movie in theaters just awesome? it was one of the best movie going experiences of my childhood including it's sequel.

#13 Posted by Skyfire (725 posts) - - Show Bio

I started with the old Adam West show.

#14 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

I started with Batman TAS :P

#15 Posted by Referee (7288 posts) - - Show Bio

Since I first saw Adam West back in the 70's

West and Ward as Batman and Robin
#16 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't remember a time where I wasn't a Batman fan.

#17 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been a fan since I was 2, but I have never been a super fan like some people I encounter on the internet.

#18 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

Who else finds it nice that i discovered you don't need cool powers like those heroes i mentioned or be a monster to be a superhero? i mean sometimes you have to discover things you don't always need and find the different type of hero.

#19 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

10, before that I was a Spidey fan

#20 Edited by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Really young. Since the BTAS/New Batman Adventures in the mid-late 90s, so like age four-six. Nightwing, who I nicknamed "Robin with the hair" was/is still my favorite. Then when I was a little older Batman Beyond and Justice League got me hooked on how badass Batman is. But it was really the Nolan films that got me interested in the character. I started following (Batman) comics right after Final Crisis and the Dark Knight in 2008.

#21 Posted by takashichea (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Since childhood, I remember watching the series on Kids WB after school and on Saturday mornings. I loved the character and continue watching DC animated series that somewhat cross with his series: Static Shock, Justice League, Superman, and Batman Beyond.

I have never read his comic book series or any comic books except for the Red Hood out of curiosity. I just saw him and Batman fighting on the cover at Barnes and Noble, so I just grab it near the manga section to read it.

#22 Posted by LightningTiger2190 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

TV and Batman were my first words. I was Born in 1990. Like many have said Batman: The animated series was the gateway drug...

#23 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7660 posts) - - Show Bio

Same as the above really, watching the Adam West ones then the animated series and on to Tim Burton.

#24 Posted by entropy_aegis (15121 posts) - - Show Bio

16 years,BTAS ftw and admittedly I loved Burton's Batman and Batman Forever.

#25 Posted by Herald (11 posts) - - Show Bio

A good 14 years

#26 Posted by TheCat (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I was that girl who said she wanted to be Catwoman while all the other girls said they wanted to be princesses. TAS really started it all.

#27 Posted by BlackPookie (640 posts) - - Show Bio

since BTAS, but i got into comics only in 2008

#28 Posted by dmkicksballs13 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham Asylum Video Game not only got me into Batman, but comic books as well.

#29 Posted by PortlandsBatman (208 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

My thoughts exactly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.