Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

How is the current run on Detective Comics?

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Right now I'm not reading any Batman in singles, just trades, but I wanted to start reading in singles.

I've always loved the detective side of Batman and so, as great as the main Batman book is, that's what I was thinking of starting. My question is how good is the current creative team on the book? Is it worth picking up as someone who loves the mystery-type Batman stories or is it not really good enough to justify buying it instead of the regular Batman book?

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MuyJingo

Thew new team has brought back a large emphasis on the detective aspect of Batman's character, which has largely been absent in the N52. I think it's been excellent so far, and if you want a focus on more mystery and less action, then I would recommend it, otherwise for more action and whizbang (although IMO, less substance) you can check out the main Batman book.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much what he said ^

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's very good.

Avatar image for perchance2dream
    Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Perchance2Dream

I love it! :D (but I read the floppies... I don't know how the TP reads, or if DC has collected the issues well. They're sometimes notoriously bad at that :P )

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.