How did Batman(Bruce Wayne) die?

#1 Posted by Oni_Bane (1841 posts) - - Show Bio

How did he die? Who killed him? How long did he stay dead? How did he come back if he did come back?

#2 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't. He just traveled through time.

#4 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

@jinxuandi: wrong. Final Crisis.

#5 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman R.I.P is a story about Batman dying (even if the writers weaseled out of it by coming up with some BS time travel story). Whether or not he actually died in the medical sense is a technicality.

#6 Posted by Zomboid (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman clearly didn't die in Batman R.I.P., because Final Crisis takes place immediately after it. Technically, Bruce Wayne died for a short time (I think it was like 4 minutes?) after being shot in the Black Glove story arc that lead up to R.I.P. But he never actually died in R.I.P., despite coming very close. After Final Crisis Bruce Wayne is assumed to be dead, but really he's just sent through time by Darkseid.

#7 Posted by The Stegman (25972 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't die...he just traveled through time...like Captain America.

#8 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by sinestro_GL (3322 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Wayne died the same night his parents died - Batman was born.

#10 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_GL said:

this, but yeah batman never died.

#11 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_GL said:

Yes

#12 Posted by MatchesMalone2012 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman died being killed of by darkside

#13 Posted by hylian (2892 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can't die

#14 Posted by RustyRoy (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

@remi said:

He didn't. He just traveled through time.

#15 Posted by W3BST3R (310 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by KoMiC (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't he brought back in the new 52?

#17 Edited by Jayc1324 (13385 posts) - - Show Bio

He was in a helicopter with black glove that exploded and fell into the ocean. Everyone thought he was dead, but he wasn't. He survived, swam up to shore, went home, then slept for three days straight.

Then right after that final crisis started, and he went to fight Darkseid. During the fight, he was hit with the omega beams that sent him back through time. Only Alfred knew he even survived the helicopter crash, but now everyone, including Alfred believed him to be dead. For the next two years, dick Grayson was batman, as Bruce worked his way through time back to the present. When he got to the present, he was back. He never actually died.

#18 Posted by Transformers1024 (4059 posts) - - Show Bio

He was just sent back in time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.